Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Coyle re-signs with Boston. 6 years x $5.25M.
Was terrific in the playoffs last year and hit one of his patented hot streaks early this year to cash in. Probably not a great contract given the term, but he's been good for Boston so a very fair deal. Happy for Coyle to get his payday with the home team.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Was terrific in the playoffs last year and hit one of his patented hot streaks early this year to cash in. Probably not a great contract given the term, but he's been good for Boston so a very fair deal. Happy for Coyle to get his payday with the home team.

They can definitely afford to overpay him by a million bucks, if that's even what they're doing, considering that their top line is underpaid by probably around $15 million.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Wow, if that's what it took to re-sign him, I'm glad we avoided that. Don't think he would have gotten that here though.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
That's a very interesting contract considering Boston currently has Krug in the last year of his contract and Backes' cap hit doesn't come off the books until after next season. DeBrusk is also due for a raise after this season.

They'll have some contracts coming off the books (and some buyouts/retention), but they have 15 players signed through next season with about $17 million to fill out the rest of the roster. If Krug takes something like or above what Spurgeon got, it could get interesting in Boston.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Looks like Granlund's game woke up. He's got 2g, 5a, 7pts in the last 7 games.

Wakes up around the same time as Fiala. Some guys light it up right away and fall off, but it might be that some players need about this long to adjust to a new situation. In any case, Granlund's too skilled not to eventually start scoring. I would have been more surprised if he were a 30 point player from here on out.

Reactions: TaLoN

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Not exactly news, but this looked like the place for general hockey talk?

Just watched this vid:

Took me back to the hockey I watched as a kid: those Bruins and the North Stars had their share of violent tilts. A couple things stood out though.

•Funny to see how many on this Canadiens squad ended up as Wild coaches or executives: Riser, Tremblay, Lapointe, and of course Lemaire.

•Gilles Lupien and John Wensink reminded me of the era we saw end as Wild fans, the era of the goon. Boogie, Fedoruk, Blouin, Johnson, Kassian, etc. Hard to imagine we'll ever see the likes of them on NHL ice ever again.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Watching NJ, NYR, and DET...I honestly can't believe how bad these teams are. The next tier of bad are also pretty bad.

A lot of talent is aging on many teams who were good for many years, or just not bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad