Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would've liked to see Mittelstadt play at least one more year with the Gophers, with Pitlick and Walker. Sabres picked the fruit before it was ripe.

Reactions: Fremitus Borealis

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd say it's unlikely, but Arizona's joining the Central in a few years so of course they'll extend him.

From what I’ve heard, the other front runner was Colorado so, seems more likely he ends up in the central than any other division

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Deal is official, no word on the return yet.

Dreger says Hall will likely go to UFA, but will listen to extension offers. Which is a fancy way of saying he’s going to UFA unless Arizona offers way more than they should.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
1st, conditional pick and prospects going the other way

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
LeBrun believes the three prospects are Bahl, Merkley and Schnarr, to go along with a conditional 1st and another conditional pick.

That’s definitely a pure rental return.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
LeBrun believes the three prospects are Bahl, Merkley and Schnarr, to go along with a conditional 1st and another conditional pick.
Not bad for Jersey, all things considered. And it's nice to see the Yotes trying to give their fans something to be excited about. They've had some not-bad teams in the past and seem to have a pretty good one this year, but some extra razzle-dazzle can't hurt ticket sales.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not bad for Jersey, all things considered. And it's nice to see the Yotes trying to give their fans something to be excited about. They've had some not-bad teams in the past and seem to have a pretty good one this year, but some extra razzle-dazzle can't hurt ticket sales.

Average attendance is high this year too, relative to the past. If they could get out of Glendale I wonder how much that would affect attendance going forward.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Seems like a weird fit to me. But wow, I didn't realize Arizona was leading their division.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Pacific is a mess this year.

Yeah I mean you’d probably expect San Jose or Vegas to be at the top of it, but Arizona has a good young roster and they’re finally getting some excellent goaltending.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not bad for Jersey, all things considered.

Not great either, Merkley and Scharr are meh prospects, Bahl is decent and the 1st may be a pretty late round one. That's not a great return compared to what guys like Duchene returned.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not great either, Merkley and Scharr are meh prospects, Bahl is decent and the 1st may be a pretty late round one. That's not a great return compared to what guys like Duchene returned.

What did “guys like Duchene” return that was much better than a 1st, a conditional 1st, and Kevin Bahl?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah I mean you’d probably expect San Jose or Vegas to be at the top of it, but Arizona has a good young roster and they’re finally getting some excellent goaltending.

Pretty much. I figured it would be a 4 way race for 3rd (EDM, CGY, AZ, and VAN).

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It was never going to be crazy. It was basically written all over the wall that Hall was going to go to UFA this summer and he's not in the midst of one of this better seasons. He's a very high-end rental, but still a rental.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
What did “guys like Duchene” return that was much better than a 1st, a conditional 1st, and Kevin Bahl?

I like both prospects better than Bahl. Bahl seems decent but stuck behind a lot of depth. The other two, meh. I just think that New Jersey could maybe have gotten more at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad