Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ok,I couldn't help but laugh!

Vlasic's gift from Sharks less weird than one Burns got

Next up was an assortment of the Sharks' on-ice leadership: Joe Thornton, Erik Karlsson, Brent Burns, as well as Logan Couture (using a crutch and walking boot) and Tomas Hertl (wearing a knee brace). As they limped out to join Vlasic on the ice for a group photo, the P.A. announcer informed the crowd that Vlasic's teammates had gifted him a hydrofoil.

Sorry. A what?

According to the announcer, the gift is "a surfboard with a high-energy lithium-ion battery-powered board that extends below the board into the water."

Vlasic was more succinct when describing it after the loss.
"You can power it by itself," he said. "You don’t need a boat or a wave."

Alrighty then. If you're thinking that's a bit random of a gift, consider the fact that when fellow defenseman Brent Burns reached his 1,000th game last year, he was gifted a pair of pregnant antelopes. So ... yeah
So he's into more than just snakes these days... I'm guessing he has quite the menagerie now! :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Can the Wild and Parise/Suter work out mutual contract terminations towards the end of their deals???
Buff's contract isn't subject to the penalties that Parise and Suter's are because of the loophole used and rules put in place as a result. I don't think the Wild get off the hook in any way unless the league agrees to a new round of compliance buy outs.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
We had a long discussion about this in the early part of the season and think the conclusion that was reached was 'probably not'.

LA is on the hook until the 31-32 season for Richards termination. They also had to pay a recapture penalty for the last 5 seasons. Capfriendly has them on the hook for Kovolchuk next year too because he had a 35+ contract.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If the league offered two compliance buyouts this summer, would you use both of them, and who would you use them on?

Obviously this isn’t going to happen, just curious to see the opinions.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Buff's contract isn't subject to the penalties that Parise and Suter's are because of the loophole used and rules put in place as a result. I don't think the Wild get off the hook in any way unless the league agrees to a new round of compliance buy outs.

The Jets will probably get hit with a minor cap penalty. He did get paid $1.2m-$1.6m (depending how they figure this year out) more than his AAV.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If the league offered two compliance buyouts this summer, who would you use them on?

Zuccarello and Parise.
Zuccarello doesn't fit as I'd hoped, Parise just isn't going to be good at the back end of that deal.
The Jets will probably get hit with a minor cap penalty. He did get paid $1.2m-$1.6m (depending how they figure this year out) more than his AAV.
Yet we know Zach and Ryan's penalty wouldn't be minor.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If the league offered two compliance buyouts this summer, who would you use them on?

Zuccerello and one of Parise, Suter, or Spurgeon.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zuccarello and Parise.
Zuccarello doesn't fit as I'd hoped, Parise just isn't going to be good at the back end of that deal.

This would be my response as well, and I’d imagine most here would say this.

I should have rephrased, what I’m also curious to know is if you’d use both, one or none of them.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If the league offered two compliance buyouts this summer, would you use both of them, and who would you use them on?

Zuccarello and Parise

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
We had a long discussion about this in the early part of the season and think the conclusion that was reached was 'probably not'.
If there is no way out from these contracts, then I hope if Weber retires early Nash is f***ed with the recapture. The whole LTIR excuse for some players needs to be revised or removed in the next CBA.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Ovi hits 40 goals with the Hat-trick tonight. It’s funny, every time Washington gets an empty net, Ovi just jumps over the boards and scores it. He’s got 698 on the career. What was he drafted?

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If I remember right it was a technicality with his age and birthday a team scoped out and tried to take advantage of, was promptly denied and he went on to be drafted the next year.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If I remember right it was a technicality with his age and birthday a team scoped out and tried to take advantage of, was promptly denied and he went on to be drafted the next year.
Florida tried to draft him in ‘03 to no avail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad