OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well.

Good game, Michigan. :(
Game ended on that holding call on that deep shot to Odunze by #73. Then that long catch and to their TE for 50 yards. No idea why the Huskies defender #7 didn't step up and drive to make the tackle. For some reason he jumped like he was going for a tip ball or something.

OL did not hold up vs the Michigan DL. Team that won in the trenches would win the game. Michigan with over 200 yards rushing and lots of pressure on Penix.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Shocked they actually did it but it was time
When do the Hawks need to be sold? May 2025 is the earliest since anytime before that the city gets 10% of the proceeds. Or can Jody Allen hold onto the team until the 2030's?

That's the first question to answer. Cause, I figured that a sale was coming in 2025 and that she'd let Pete finish until a new owner came in.

But, you kind of only make this move to secure a new HC if that HC is assured Allen will own the team for the next 5-10 years.

Feel for the Defensive Coordinators looking for a HC job. Seems like there are just fewer chances to get one cause most of the time a team that news one, has a QB issue, which the defensive HC won't be able to solve. Just pass it off to the OC to handle, like an OC would pass the Defense to the DC to take care of. But, there is a major difference between what an offensive HC can do with a backup QB vs what a Defensive HC can do with a backup QB.

Look at NY. Jets without Rodgers are a mess. Daboll with Taylor/DeVito can look ok to solid at times.

Browning had a couple of good games for Cincy with Taylor.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
When do the Hawks need to be sold? May 2025 is the earliest since anytime before that the city gets 10% of the proceeds. Or can Jody Allen hold onto the team until the 2030's?

That's the first question to answer. Cause, I figured that a sale was coming in 2025 and that she'd let Pete finish until a new owner came in.

But, you kind of only make this move to secure a new HC if that HC is assured Allen will own the team for the next 5-10 years.

Feel for the Defensive Coordinators looking for a HC job. Seems like there are just fewer chances to get one cause most of the time a team that news one, has a QB issue, which the defensive HC won't be able to solve. Just pass it off to the OC to handle, like an OC would pass the Defense to the DC to take care of. But, there is a major difference between what an offensive HC can do with a backup QB vs what a Defensive HC can do with a backup QB.

Look at NY. Jets without Rodgers are a mess. Daboll with Taylor/DeVito can look ok to solid at times.

Browning had a couple of good games for Cincy with Taylor.
Good coaches available, deep draft. Might as well strike while the iron is hot

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Good coaches available, deep draft. Might as well strike while the iron is hot
Cowherd did bring up a key point. Any incoming HC wants security in ownership. Will get the money, either way, but want stability. I was surprised by the move, but if Allen is holding onto the team into the 2030's, then it was time to move off Pete.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Cowherd did bring up a key point. Any incoming HC wants security in ownership. Will get the money, either way, but want stability. I was surprised by the move, but if Allen is holding onto the team into the 2030's, then it was time to move off Pete.
John Schneider still being there allows some stability. If it was a full house clean i'd be more nervous.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
John Schneider still being there allows some stability. If it was a full house clean i'd be more nervous.
I think Schneider, when in control of the draft the past couple of seasons has done well. They missed a lot pre 2022.
Collier, Eskridge, McDowell, etc. That McDowell draft was hard to swallow because Ramczyck was right there for them to take at the end of round 1 and they passed on him at OT to take McDowell at DT who never played for them, forcing them to trade for Richardson with their #2 pick. All of those trade downs, no one amounted to anything, Thompson, Darboah, etc. Sometimes, trading down isn't the right choice. Traded down from the Jaire Alexander pick to get another 3rd in Rasheed Green and take Penny in round 1, when a Pro Bowl CB was there for the taking, same with Ramczyck at RT. Sometimes, it's best to just fill your need.

I suspect Pete was the one who pushed for Adams and paid the premium price. Thought he could recreate Earl/Kam again.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I think Schneider, when in control of the draft the past couple of seasons has done well. They missed a lot pre 2022.
Collier, Eskridge, McDowell, etc. That McDowell draft was hard to swallow because Ramczyck was right there for them to take at the end of round 1 and they passed on him at OT to take McDowell at DT who never played for them, forcing them to trade for Richardson with their #2 pick. All of those trade downs, no one amounted to anything, Thompson, Darboah, etc. Sometimes, trading down isn't the right choice. Traded down from the Jaire Alexander pick to get another 3rd in Rasheed Green and take Penny in round 1, when a Pro Bowl CB was there for the taking, same with Ramczyck at RT. Sometimes, it's best to just fill your need.

I suspect Pete was the one who pushed for Adams and paid the premium price. Thought he could recreate Earl/Kam again.
They definitely got too cute at times and missed the obvious choice. I was furious they never took Budda Baker then spent a haul having to get Adams. Chubb over Penny as well.

From what I heard it was Pete that pushed heavily for Graham and Harvin.

To me the Jimmy Graham trade was the start of the decline of the championship window back then. We never replaced Unger our center (still haven't) and lost our identity offensively.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Graham never made sense given what Pete did on offence. Needed at least a Witten or Olsen and even then Russ never worked the middle of the field. Needed an outside guy.

Harvin was at least an outside guy.

Chubb also fit Pete style vs the faster Penny.

Plus RB in rd 1 is a luxury. Needed Defence help and yes Alexander isn’t the prototype Pete likes at 5’10 or so but dude can play.

If Pete had let John handle the personnel decisions they would have had more success.

Ultimately, one main reason for Pete no longer being the HC are those moves he pushed for.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Graham never made sense given what Pete did on offence. Needed at least a Witten or Olsen and even then Russ never worked the middle of the field. Needed an outside guy.

Harvin was at least an outside guy.

Chubb also fit Pete style vs the faster Penny.

Plus RB in rd 1 is a luxury. Needed Defence help and yes Alexander isn’t the prototype Pete likes at 5’10 or so but dude can play.

If Pete had let John handle the personnel decisions they would have had more success.

Ultimately, one main reason for Pete no longer being the HC are those moves he pushed for.
Zach Miller was the perfect Seahawks TE for Pete. Basically another lineman who was an under rated catcher of the ball. His retirement also started the decline.

Harvin on paper was a good trade initially. I get why they did it. Pity he was a headcase and injury prone and it meant the end of Golden Tate.

Even with those missteps we arguable could/should have made 3 or 4 super bowls. 2012 Atlanta divisional round we could, maybe should have won. That was a talented team. 2013 we won it. 2014 should have won it. 2015 Talented team still but seemed to lose juice. Lynch seemed to give up. If we'd won the superbowl in 2014 we likely find a way to beat the Panthers and make a run. Almost did but left it too late.

The 12 win team a few years back underachieved in the play offs.

Reactions: Hocktopus

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Zach Miller was the perfect Seahawks TE for Pete. Basically another lineman who was an under rated catcher of the ball. His retirement also started the decline.

Harvin on paper was a good trade initially. I get why they did it. Pity he was a headcase and injury prone and it meant the end of Golden Tate.

Even with those missteps we arguable could/should have made 3 or 4 super bowls. 2012 Atlanta divisional round we could, maybe should have won. That was a talented team. 2013 we won it. 2014 should have won it. 2015 Talented team still but seemed to lose juice. Lynch seemed to give up. If we'd won the superbowl in 2014 we likely find a way to beat the Panthers and make a run. Almost did but left it too late.

The 12 win team a few years back underachieved in the play offs.
Lynch in 2015, that seemed to be the start of where he couldn't be ready in time for kickoff for a couple of games. His back was getting tight.

Also with Bradley, Quinn, Richard, Saleh, etc. leaving and taking the Seattle Cover 3 scheme with them, meant that more teams were using it and other teams had to game plan for it and thus find the weakness in the scheme and exploit it.

That Wasp play by KC in the SB, they knew which side Sherman would be on, thus they attacked the rookie CB and ran an underneath play which he came up on rather than play his responsibility deep and Hill burned them with Patty take like a 12 step drop.

Again, since it appears Jody is keeping the team, as you don't make this move to sell the team in 2-3 years, then it makes sense to move off Pete and not be overly sentimental given the poor defensive showings under Norton Jr and Hurt. Plus, with the talent on offence, probably time to take the leash off and let them go. When you run the fewest offensive plays, means that your ball control game isn't working.

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Plus a bunch of players declaring for the NFL draft and, after the DeBoer bombshell, five transfers including the QB that was supposed to replace Penix (Will Rogers)...what an absolute crap week

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I've been saying it all along. f*** the Huskies, Glory to the Pac-2. Never put your faith in glory bound sport teams. f*** the ducks and huskies forever. f*** the trojans, bruins, cardinals, buffalos, Sun Devils, Wildcats, and f*** ESPN most of all, f*** CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX. f*** em all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00