Not open for further replies.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Hypothetically speaking, if one OT and no score, they just go to another, and another, and another...is there actually a hard limit?

This might be a pretty impractical question, but I can't help but wondering about it...

There is no limit. The game ends when a goal is scored and if that happens after 6 overtime’s because everyone is so tired that the puck slow slides in then so be it.

We played Dallas to 4OT in 2007. I think it ended close to 1am.

Henrik played like 45 minutes.

I was at this game. Alone. It was exhausting.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
There is no limit. The game ends when a goal is scored and if that happens after 6 overtime’s because everyone is so tired that the puck slow slides in then so be it.

You mean like THIS????
FM9_I-.gif

Now that I think about if it comes to be that this game will become an OT marathon it would fit Vegas well, as the city that never sleeps.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Was the rise of the Braberian also the same year as the Rory All Star campaign? Or were they a year apart?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Leafs problems run so deep now.

Soft star players.

Poor head coach (with brand new extension).

Bad, reactionary management in a market obsessed with Don Cherry-isms.

They were close a couple years ago and probably unlucky not to go on a run. Now ... their window is closing rapidly, and might be shut entirely.
The Tavares signing was the moment the Leafs rebuild went sideways. Can't be spending $11 mill on a C when they had Matthews and Kadri. If Tavares was a Dman, it would have made sense and likely get Marner at a lower number since he wouldn't be comparing his numbers to Tavares.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
2-1 the series, interesting.

It's great to see that many of Dallas' rising stars are lower ranked picks.

Good scouting and team management can make up for the lack of picks infinitely better than the other way around.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
f*** yeah, make all the series longer if we're not in them. That's my playoff mantra every year.

Thompson early RVH fail. Johnson smart to not get too close before picking the open side. Robertson continues getting points against Vegas.

Reactions: quat and Red

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The Tavares signing was the moment the Leafs rebuild went sideways. Can't be spending $11 mill on a C when they had Matthews and Kadri. If Tavares was a Dman, it would have made sense and likely get Marner at a lower number since he wouldn't be comparing his numbers to Tavares.
Honestly, it probably works if not for the Covid flat cap.

Even so, with those forwards they are too talented to be such playoff wimps. Keefe IMO is a huge issue, he's like a small step above Travis Green except he had much better players.

Reactions: quat

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
f*** yeah, make all the series longer if we're not in them. That's my playoff mantra every year.

Thompson early RVH fail. Johnson smart to not get too close before picking the open side. Robertson continues getting points against Vegas.

Our series I think won't end earlier than game 6. Predator is no easy opponent, and the games are getting very grindy.

Reactions: quat and mossey3535

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Jeesh it only took this long for Dallas to raise the puck

game should have been over awhile ago

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
2-1 the series, interesting.

It's great to see that many of Dallas' rising stars are lower ranked picks.

Good scouting and team management can make up for the lack of picks infinitely better than the other way around.

I wouldn't give THAT much credit to their drafting. In fact, I would say Dallas is a perfect example of how much drafting is really a crapshoot, and luck has a lot to do with it.

A mega successful draft in 2017, good ones in 2022 will make people forget their disasters of 2014, 2016 and 2018.

Reactions: Vector

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I wouldn't give THAT much credit to their drafting. In fact, I would say Dallas is a perfect example of how much drafting is really a crapshoot, and luck has a lot to do with it.

A mega successful draft in 2017, good ones in 2022 will make people forget their disasters of 2014, 2016 and 2018.

Fair enough. I'd also add that luck is the residue of design, gotta have the talents, skills, and execution in order for luck to matter.

Reactions: quat and Bubbles

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Exactly this. Dallas’ drafting was really underwhelming then changed the course of the franchise in one amazing draft. Then it fell apart again before busting out recently.

The main reason they are a success is they’ve nailed their critical picks and filled out the primary positions with impact players.

Reactions: quat and Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
Fair enough. I'd also add that luck is the residue of design, gotta have the talents, skills, and execution in order for luck to matter.

They do have great success with their 1st rounders, so that is something they are good at. That should be bare minimum for most NHL teams, but we all know that's not true, lol.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
They do have great success with their 1st rounders, so that is something they are good at. That should be bare minimum for most NHL teams, but we all know that's not true, lol.

You know what surprised me a little bit? The year when Bruins had multiple mid first round picks, almost all of them turned into shit.

Can't recall which year exactly.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Jeesh it only took this long for Dallas to raise the puck

game should have been over awhile ago
Yeah the casting was like... Stars player shoots into Thompson's pads when he doesn't even move to make the save - "YoU WoUlDn'T BeLiEvE tHe PeRfOrMaNcE"

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
You know what surprised me a little bit? The year when Bruins had multiple mid first round picks, almost all of them turned into shit.

Can't recall which year exactly.

2015. They had 3 picks in a row.

113BostonJakub ZborilDSaint John Sea Dogs [QMJHL]7611516282022-23
114BostonJake DeBruskLSwift Current Broncos [WHL]4651381282661012023-24
115BostonZachary SenyshynRSoo Greyhounds [OHL]1612342021-22

The next three picks were Barzal, Connor and Chabot. Can you imagine a Bruins team like that?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

I was there with my brother.

It didn’t matter how late it was gonna go. We were staying.

Was funny watching people sober up though since it went on forever.

I was there with my brother.

It didn’t matter how late it was gonna go. We were staying.

Was funny watching people sober up though since it went on forever.

Reactions: quat and Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad