OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The Kraken board looks really good Fistfullofbeer! Very clean and clearly influenced by the Sharks board. OT tags, OT Lounge, Non-Kraken sports, just beautiful.

Also, do you guys have a minor league affiliate this year?

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The Kraken board looks really good Fistfullofbeer! Very clean and clearly influenced by the Sharks board. OT tags, OT Lounge, Non-Kraken sports, just beautiful.

Also, do you guys have a minor league affiliate this year?
Thanks.

@The Nemesis and @slocal heavily influenced that. They are among the best mods I have ever had on a forum and while I don't have their graphic design prowess, I will try to keep the board looking as clean as I can .. :)

Our Palm Springs AHL franchise won't open till 2022-23. So for this year, we will be sharing with the Charlotte Checkers (Florida Panthers).

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Thanks.

@The Nemesis and @slocal heavily influenced that. They are among the best mods I have ever had on a forum and while I don't have their graphic design prowess, I will try to keep the board looking as clean as I can .. :)

Our Palm Springs AHL franchise won't open till 2022-23. So for this year, we will be sharing with the Charlotte Checkers (Florida Panthers).

HFKraken is lucky to have you, bub :thumbu:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Also a Seahawks fan, started watching in the 80's. Favorite player was Easley, followed by Tez. Man there was some bad football on display from the late 80's through most of the 90's, but SB48 finally made up for that. Since QB's like Russ are a rarity, I hope they have another SB win up their sleeve soon.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seahawks offence looks awful without Russ. Good thing the guy is always available. Can’t move it or not turn it over without him on the field. It’s just pre season but man, it’s been brutal on O so far.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Seahawks offence looks awful without Russ. Good thing the guy is always available. Can’t move it or not turn it over without him on the field. It’s just pre season but man, it’s been brutal on O so far.

None of the starters played vs bronocs.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The last NFL game I watched was the 1999 Superbowl.

The M's on the otherhand. Still in the playoff hunt with 19 games to go? Color me shocked. We all know it won't happen, but at least they look to be a lock for a winning season, which is a real achievement for the Mariners and feels like a championship. Haha

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Will be interesting to see how the Hawks prepare for an abundance of Derrick Henry today, but I think they've got this.
I was impressed by their handling of a pretty tough Colts team last week.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Second week in a row the offence looks great in the first half and sputters in the second half.
No LOB anymore so the offence needs to continue to score.
A pair of 3 and outs along with that last 29 seconds was their offence in the 4th.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
That and the taking of many stupid penalties. What a meltdown.
To their credit the Titans played really well in the second, did exactly what they needed to do.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That and the taking of many stupid penalties. What a meltdown.
To their credit the Titans played really well in the second, did exactly what they needed to do.
Yep. Self inflicted wounds.

but won’t show up in the stat sheet but too many 3rd down gains for some but not enough for a first down. So Wilson’s numbers won’t look bad but the WR either need to get enough depth on their routes or wilson needs to hit them where they can make a move to fight for the extra yardage.

shouldn’t Waldron be able to scheme something for Everett, Dissly, Swain the third receiving option to get the first down when you expect Metcalf and Lockette to drawn the D’s attention?

saw the raiders first 2 games and amazing how a guy built so slightly like Renfrow can manage to get the necessary yardage for a first down when he catches it short of the sticks. Smart player. Not as gifted as others but in the Welker, Edelman, Kupp mold. Smart slot guys.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
This Sunday is likely the biggest single day in Seattle professional sports history. Below sorted by time, not importance.
  1. Storm 1st playoff game 12pm (ABC) Single Elimination Playoff Game
  2. Mariners @ LA Angels 1:07pm (Root, 770am) Playoff Race
  3. Seahawks @ Vikings 1:25pm (Fox, 710am, 97.3fm) NFL Game
  4. Sounders @ Sporting KC 4pm (FS1, 950am)
  5. Rainiers @ Round Rock 4pm; "AAA final stretch" event after Triple-A West championship
  6. OL Reign vs Orlando 4pm (Twitch)
  7. Kraken vs Vancouver 6pm (in Spokane) (Root, 950am) 1st ever game

It's weird that neither Seahawks, Sounders nor Mariners play at home this weekend in their usual single month of overlap

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hawks have not been able to score in the second half. And their D can’t stop the run and aren’t exactly good very the pass.

needed to burn clock vs Ten and went 3 and out twice in the fourth.

offence was a no show in the second half vs Minny. Defence got chewed up on the ground again.

thought Waldren was supposed to scheme up more easy passes for the offense. Get those nice solid 7-12 yard easy pass completions.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Hawks have not been able to score in the second half. And their D can’t stop the run and aren’t exactly good very the pass.

needed to burn clock vs Ten and went 3 and out twice in the fourth.

offence was a no show in the second half vs Minny. Defence got chewed up on the ground again.

thought Waldren was supposed to scheme up more easy passes for the offense. Get those nice solid 7-12 yard easy pass completions.

Tell that to wilson to actually do that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
1 game back, while currently trying to close this game out. Potential to be back .5 games with a win.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The luck of scheduling…. It feels great right now, but Boston has Baltimore and Washington to finish out the season, so it’ll be a close one. Toronto has NYY and Baltimore. NYY have Toronto and Tampa. It’s a real bummer the Yankees ended up being the better team in that NYY Boston series.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Go Mariners... Go Rays... Go Nationals... Go Orioles!!!

This team could be really fun next season. Hopefully they are fun this post-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad