OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I’m going to do my damndest to make sure there’s a civil war between the M’s fanbase and ownership if literally any of the rumors are true. I’ve put all my M’s shirts, jerseys and hats in a box until further notice. They are goi g to have to prove themselves to me. If they were trying to get better, I’d be on board, but I’m convinced they are trying to get worst and just keep sucking us fans dry and I’m done if that turns out to be the case. Still about 3 months to prove me wrong. Ball is in the M’s court.
Kirby, Crawford and Moore liking posts on twitter now criticizing ownership. Either it embarrasses ownership to spend money or hopefully forces them out.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Ownership needs to sell the team. Either they are lying about the money situation or they are broke due to other failed invsestments.

I find it hard to believe after being the most profitable team in all of mlb last year That they are broke.
Either way Santon and the ownership group needs to sell the team.
No one is going to go to games after they pulled this stunt.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Jamal Adams might be one of the worst ever seahawks trades ever given the draft capital and contract given out. Dude half assed it yesterday and is awful in coverage for one of the highest paid safeties in the league. I know they'd never get rid of Pete but i'm worried we are stuck in mediocrity with him and the messaging is getting stale. Similar to the Steelers and Patriots. Like the league has moved on from these great coaches.

At least get a QB next year to get me excited.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I just cut the cord with my satellite provider. Roku gives me enough programming to watch if I so choose, but it’s light on sports.
I considered a VPN and some reliable sports streaming, but with the Kraken and Seahawks struggling and the Mariners rudderless, it almost seems masochistic.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
SEAHAWKS

Two big interceptions by Love.
Big plays by Love. Especially on the first one. Some holding by Love, but since the official in the back was looking at their name plates, he could not see it. I didn't see where the other official by the sidelines was, but he might have been shielded by Love to not see the jersey pull. But, Watkins didn't do a great job tracking the ball as if he did, he should have tackled Love and Watkins had no shot at the ball.
Second pick, lucky that Brown was on the ground as I don't think Love could have toe tapped with his momentum carrying him out of bounds. But, 6 seconds left at that point and Eagles needed 12 yard in 5 seconds (including calling a TO) to get into FG range even if that was called out of bounds. You'd jam the WR to disrupt the timing of a quick pass.

But, what was Philly doing having a deep shot when they had TO and needed 15 yard for a sub 60 yard FG attempt.

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
They made that game way closer than necessary, but the Huskies win the Sugar Bowl and will play Michigan next week for the National Championship! Get a new rivalry going in the Big Ten!

Reactions: Kevinsane

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
That game last night was a touching tribute to Pac-12 weird shit (especially the "after dark" games).

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
They should move it from Houston to the Rose Bowl. Feels like a perfect Rose Bowl game. Going to be hard but Penix and those receivers combined with the oline are going to put up a hell of a fight.

Harder to win a natty than a super bowl in my opinion.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
That game last night was a touching tribute to Pac-12 weird shit (especially the "after dark" games).
Irony that the Huskies/Pac12 might win a natty the year the conference implodes.

Feels fated that we are playing Michigan who we won it against in 91 and against Harbaugh given the history against the seahawks in the nfc championship game.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Pete Carroll has said that Harbaugh's a weird dude, and that's saying something.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They should move it from Houston to the Rose Bowl. Feels like a perfect Rose Bowl game. Going to be hard but Penix and those receivers combined with the oline are going to put up a hell of a fight.

Harder to win a natty than a super bowl in my opinion.
Can the WA DL handle the power run game of Michigan who will try to control the clock? If they can't, it's going to be a long day for the Huskies.

WA OL needs to hold off the Michigan DL. Huskies WR are still better than the upgraded Wolverines secondary compared to the Longhorns.

Will WA look to be a bit more ball control when they have it because Michigan is going to try to shorten the game with their running game and chew up clock on each possession? Have to protect the D if Michigan is able to run the ball by giving them a breather between series.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Can the WA DL handle the power run game of Michigan who will try to control the clock? If they can't, it's going to be a long day for the Huskies.

WA OL needs to hold off the Michigan DL. Huskies WR are still better than the upgraded Wolverines secondary compared to the Longhorns.

Will WA look to be a bit more ball control when they have it because Michigan is going to try to shorten the game with their running game and chew up clock on each possession? Have to protect the D if Michigan is able to run the ball by giving them a breather between series.

Probably not for the first question but i'm not sure Michigan can handle our passing game.

Dream scenario is we take a 2 score lead and force Michigan to abandon the run. I don't rate McCarthy. Good college qb but not elite.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Probably not for the first question but i'm not sure Michigan can handle our passing game.

Dream scenario is we take a 2 score lead and force Michigan to abandon the run. I don't rate McCarthy. Good college qb but not elite.
It's a battle in the trenches. Whichever side wins those will win the game IMO. Penix gets time to throw, WA will put up points. If MI can run the ball and grind it out, then the Wolverines take it.

Best chance for UW to win is to get out to a lead early.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seahawks and Packers games this afternoon feel like a mercy killing, to be honest. :(
Both end up at 9-8. Packers get in due to the tie-breaker edge.
Seattle has no one to blame but themselves.

Losses: SF and Rams x 2 each. Dal, Cin, Bal, Pitt. No shame to fall to Cin/Dal/Bal. Figured they'd lose to the other PA team instead. But, it all came down to not splitting their 6 divisional games. Ended up at 2-4. Can't do that and make the PO.

How they handled the end of the Rams game in LA cost them after the DK catch at the Rams 41. Ran a draw and then out of time so just spiked it to then ask Meyers for a 56 yard kick.

OL banged up for most of the season. Lucas missed most of the season. IOL, knew Haynes wasn't a starter. Will need to add a starting IOL next season, and decide is Olu and Bradford are starters for 2024 or not. Need cheaper options at TE with Fant as a FA. Defense, need younger LB and help at DT to stop the run. Plus, make the hard call to move off the 2 expensive S. They are not Earl and Kam.

Need to get that Defence back into the upper half of the league. Been 5 straight years of being in the 20's, nearly at 30. Sad fall from the LOB days.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They just didn’t have it this year, and had they made the playoffs that likely would’ve been quickly revealed.
Sigh.
If chicago had beaten GB, would have been SEA vs Dal.

Seattle has a 3rd place schedule for next season.

Face AFC South. Get Houston and Indy at home. Road vs Ten and Jax. As the extra game, host Denver without Russ.
Face NFC North. Get GB and Min at home, road vs Det and Chi.
As 3rd place schedule, get ATL and NYG

Thus at home:
SF, LAR, AZ, GB, MIN, Hou, Indy, Den and either ATL or NYG.
On Road:
SF, LAR, AZ, Det, Chi, Jax, Ten, and either ATL or NYG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad