OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
My Blue Jays rooting interest suddenly makes things a little awkward at the moment.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
They backed in. I suspect they’ll quickly back out.
The M’s went cold at the worst possible time, and even if Sunday brings an Astros loss and a Mariners win I don’t see them going far. Nobody’s hitting.
You are likely right. We'd have to overcome a lot of season long negative tendencies to make a run, and I don't see the Jays suddenly doing that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hawks get Leonard Williams, DT from Giants for a 2024 2nd and 2025 5th. Have not followed Williams since he was moved from the Jets to Giants. Hawks need help to stop the run, so guess this helps that area.

Is this a fair price? Sounds like the Giants are eating a good chunk of the remaining $10 mill prorated salary. He was due $1 mill per week at an $18 base salary, so Seattle may be getting him for a cap hit of between $2-$5 million for the balance of the season. Which probably makes it a 2nd vs a 3rd. Think Seattle tried to offer either theirs or Denver's 3rd that they got at the 2023 draft when they moved back in round 3. But, with NYG picking up the bulk of the salary and thus cap charge, they moved it up to a 2nd.

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Huskies keep the undefeated season going with a big shootout win over USC! Penix is very much looking like a strong Heisman candidate!

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
BIG URIAS TRADE!

1700368632619.png

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
It was a hard fought game against a tough team in front of a very hostile crowd, but the Huskies are now 11-0 for the first time since 1991 and have punched their ticket to the Pac-12 Championship game in Vegas!

• Love
Reactions: Kevinsane

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It was a hard fought game against a tough team in front of a very hostile crowd, but the Huskies are now 11-0 for the first time since 1991 and have punched their ticket to the Pac-12 Championship game in Vegas!
Good for them. One team figured it out in hostile territory.

Seattle, still have the Rams as they kryptonite. Even back to the Jeff Fisher days, the Rams have given Carroll fits. The Offense has slowed despite the weapons that they have. OL is holding up all right.

Don't see Waldron scheming up as many easy throws as I thought he would coming out of McVay's tree. The monster test of SF, Dal, SF, Phi is upon the team now.

Lock looked terrible in his 2 series. 5th year guy with 21 starts, kind of expect better from him. You do not get many opportunities to showcase yourself as a backup QB. He blew his shot.

Odd time management at the end. Why not spike the ball after DK's catch with 28 seconds left or whatever was remaining at the time? Why run the draw where guys need to unpile?

If you clock it, it's around 58 yards for the FG. Need to make it under 50 yard attempt. That way the K isn't as focussed on crushing the ball to get the distance. Just a regular stroke if it's a 48 yard attempt. Spiking it allow Seattle to throw the ball anywhere so long as they are getting the ball close to the 30 which should be the target. Complete it and spike it if it's not to the sidelines. If 2nd down is incomplete, then you know that you have to gather your FG team and get them ready to run onto the field should 3rd down be in bounds. You'd still have like 20 seconds on 3rd down for the play and to run the FG team onto the field if the 3rd down play is in bounds.

Last edited:

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Sick of this damn salary dump shit for the Mariners.

Gotta increase those ownership dividends. And after all, we did achieve the greatest feat in professional baseball by making the playoffs once over the last twenty-one years. No point showing off now.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
With the NFL intruding on Black Friday, a day usually meant for college football, the college game should react by increasing the amount of games played on the actual Thanksgiving holiday starting in 2024.

ABC can air a tripleheader consisting of an American game followed by an ACC conference game (no ACC-SEC rivalries) followed by Texas-Texas A&M.

NBC can air a Big Ten game in between the National Dog Show and their NFL game.

CBS and Fox can air a CFB game as part of a doubleheader with their NFL game, with the CFB game times depending on what network has the Lions game and what network has the Cowboys game. CBS would always air a Big Ten game, Fox a Big Ten or Big 12 game.

The Egg Bowl would air on ESPN as usual while ESPN2 alternates the ACC-SEC rivalries.

For the CBS CFB game on Thanksgiving day next year, I was thinking Washington at Oregon. This rivalry has never been on CBS before, it would air after the Lions game.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Sick of this damn salary dump shit for the Mariners.

Gotta increase those ownership dividends. And after all, we did achieve the greatest feat in professional baseball by making the playoffs once over the last twenty-one years. No point showing off now.

The most profitable team in MLB over the last few years has to cut expenses! I mean duh!

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Maybe they are doing it to free up money for a very good player? That’s me being positive.

I sure hope so, although at the moment they're apparently planning to use Urias at third base, which would somehow be even worse than playing him at second base.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Living in Denver, I'm keenly aware that the Rockies are the NL version of the Mariners, and it's pretty much obvious that the owners realize that 30,000 fans will come to Coors Field every night regardless of how good the team is.

So they fart out a 65-win team every year and make those fat stacks.

Reactions: Fuhrious

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Living in Denver, I'm keenly aware that the Rockies are the NL version of the Mariners, and it's pretty much obvious that the owners realize that 30,000 fans will come to Coors Field every night regardless of how good the team is.

So they fart out a 65-win team every year and make those fat stacks.

They did have that one pretty good year though where they did something the M’s have never done.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
They did have that one pretty good year though where they did something the M’s have never done.

Although they had to win 14 of their final 15 regular season games to squeak into the playoffs (seems very 1995).

It was a fun year to follow the team here - I ended up at Game Four of the World Series because a Red Sox fan talked me into going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad