OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
When did I remotely even come close to saying he deserved getting hit in the head?

What's being said is that Rudolph was not innocent in the altercation, yet he has not been fined at this point. He should be fined, because he actually initiated the incident in the first place when he grabbed at Garrett's helmet to begin with. That's when Garrett flipped his wig and went all psycho and ripped off Rudolph's helmet. Then again, Rudolph should have just stopped, but instead he goes chasing down Garrett who's already being restrained by 2 linemen... allowing the escalation to continue.

Did Rudolph deserve to be hit with his helmet? Absolutely not! That doesn't mean Rudolph is completely innocent either.

Throw Garrett out of the sport entirely... charge him for assault! Fine Rudolph though, because he should know better than to keep escalating an altercation in the first place.

You don't see any other QB's in the league grabbing at other players helmets if they didn't like a hit, do you? They just jaw at them and walk away. That's what Rudolph should have done.

That was his second chance to bail... he should have. He also should not have grabbed at Garrett's helmet to begin with, initiating the entire saga in the first place.

This is what started it all and why Rudolph needs to be fined!

Also, I wasn't aware of this until just recently... Rudolph apparently also kicked Garrett in the nuts too... I change my mind, Rudolph also should be suspended!

Rudolph didn't do anything that doesn't happen at least once a game. But that does not warrant being bonked with his own helmet.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
He should have bailed on the shenanigans after his helmet got ripped off his head. He's the QB (and a lot smaller), and need to make the smart decisions. Let the big linemen and refs handle it.
That would have been the smart choice. But when do NFL players ever think rationally in the heat of the moment?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Rudolph didn't do anything that doesn't happen at least once a game. But that does not warrant being bonked with his own helmet.
Really? Rudolph ripping at Garrett's helmet happens all the time? Rudolph kicking Garrett in the nuts happens all the time?

As for getting bonked in the head... I think we're all in agreement that was seriously uncalled for.

All of these are fineable/suspendable. Garrett just deserves BY FAR the worst punishment, but Rudolph does not deserve ZERO punishment is the point.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Really? Rudolph ripping at Garrett's helmet happens all the time? Rudolph kicking Garrett in the nuts happens all the time?

As for getting bonked in the head... I think we're all in agreement that was seriously uncalled for.

All of these are fineable/suspendable. Garrett just deserves BY FAR the worst punishment, but Rudolph does not deserve ZERO punishment is the point.

I never said Ruldoph should get away scott free. And if you have listened to any retired lineman talk about what happens under the piles you would know dirty kicks and punches happen all the time.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I never said Ruldoph should get away scott free. And if you have listened to any retired lineman talk about what happens under the piles you would know dirty kicks and punches happen all the time.
That was the entire point of the first post you replied to me on this thread. I was just saying Rudolph needs punishment.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
IU is playing Penn St really close and it is at Penn St. Will be interesting to see how that one ends.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Iowa takes the opening kickoff, then commence to March down the field for a touchdown. Gotta tighten up that defense.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
MN must've had one heck a week-lweek-long party last week...wwhich still hungover from.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
And Fleck potentially costing the Gophers big time by running out to midfield. Stupid!!!

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad