OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I know they're ahead, but Cousins really hasn't done much of anything in this game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Is this sarcasm?

66% completion, almost 200 yards 1 drive into the 2nd half, 2 TDs. What would "doing anything" look like?
Half of his yards are dump-offs where Cook does all the work.

It's not like he's losing the game, but he has done nothing impressive. He looks scared for his life (warranted, their DL is much better than our OL). He's just made maybe one throw all day that impressed me.

But half the job of a QB is to not do anything dumb, and he really hasn't so far.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Half of his yards are dump-offs where Cook does all the work.

It's not like he's losing the game, but he has done nothing impressive. He looks scared for his life (warranted, their DL is much better than our OL). He's just made maybe one throw all day that impressed me.

But half the job of a QB is to not do anything dumb, and he really hasn't so far.
More than half his yards aren't even to Cook though.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
When a blitz happens, sometimes the screen is the tough throw.

He's made big 3rd down and long throws to Diggs, Bisi, Smith.

A couple big TD throws to Rudolf.

I see no reason to complain.
Not really complaining, just not really impressed either.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Strangely reminiscent of a game from yesterday... hope it ends the same way.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Why isn't trading Rhodes an option?

Trading Rhodes frees the cap to sign Waynes our best corner by a mile.
Why would any team willingly take Rhodes with his cap hit? I haven’t looked at what his dead cap would be if we cut him but it might be the best option this spring.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why would any team willingly take Rhodes with his cap hit? I haven’t looked at what his dead cap would be if we cut him but it might be the best option this spring.
Because there are teams in this league where he would still be the best DB on their team, there were rumors that his name came up in trade discussions this year already, so obviously not everyone thinks he's done. We just have quite a bit higher standards here these days for DBs since we have a DB guru for a head coach.

On another note, check out this stat from last night.

Kirk Cousins on 3rd down, completed 7 of 9 passes for 80 yards and a touchdown.

He made the big plays when the moment was big last night.

Yes, he didn't have any deep ball connections, but that wasn't even in the game plan, so no concern there. The game plan was absolutely brilliantly conceived and executed.

As bad as the play calling was in KC, it was great in Big D.

Also, if we had to lose 1 between Dallas and KC, at least KC won't hurt us in tie breaker scenarios, so we ultimately won the more important of the two.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It is a proven fact that Kirk could go 25-25 with 5 TDs and people will try and blame him.
I'm not blaming him for anything. I want him to shed the label of a guy that can't win big games. That would have been exaggerated even more if the defense lost the game last night even though Kirk had nothing to do with it.

Because there are teams in this league where he would still be the best DB on their team, there were rumors that his name came up in trade discussions this year already, so obviously not everyone thinks he's done. We just have quite a bit higher standards here these days for DBs since we have a DB guru for a head coach.

On another note, check out this stat from last night.

Kirk Cousins on 3rd down, completed 7 of 9 passes for 80 yards and a touchdown.

He made the big plays when the moment was big last night.

Yes, he didn't have any deep ball connections, but that wasn't even in the game plan, so no concern there. The game plan was absolutely brilliantly conceived and executed.

As bad as the play calling was in KC, it was great in Big D.

Also, if we had to lose 1 between Dallas and KC, at least KC won't hurt us in tie breaker scenarios, so we ultimately won the more important of the two.
It was a very good game plan. As a Zimmer skeptic, it was impressive for once. They completely shut down Zeke and played a "bend, don't break" strategy on defense. Couple that with Dalvin's huge night and that's a winning strategy.

Side note, at 7-3, they're still sitting in the second wild card spot. It might be hard to climb too.

Reactions: TaLoN

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Our game on MNF @ Seattle is huge in week 13. To win the division, we need GB to lose twice and we can't lose, essentially. Otherwise we lose the tie-breakers assuming we beat them at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad