OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Because there are teams in this league where he would still be the best DB on their team, there were rumors that his name came up in trade discussions this year already, so obviously not everyone thinks he's done. We just have quite a bit higher standards here these days for DBs since we have a DB guru for a head coach.

On another note, check out this stat from last night.

Kirk Cousins on 3rd down, completed 7 of 9 passes for 80 yards and a touchdown.

He made the big plays when the moment was big last night.

Yes, he didn't have any deep ball connections, but that wasn't even in the game plan, so no concern there. The game plan was absolutely brilliantly conceived and executed.

As bad as the play calling was in KC, it was great in Big D.

Also, if we had to lose 1 between Dallas and KC, at least KC won't hurt us in tie breaker scenarios, so we ultimately won the more important of the two.
From what I’ve read there was interest from teams last spring but none this year at the TDL. Rhodes has been bad, plain and simple. I don’t love PFF but he’s around the 100th ranked CB. The only team in which he would be the best DB on the team is Cincinnati and that is as low as the standards get. I can’t think of a single team given personnel and cap considerations that would want him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Our game on MNF @ Seattle is huge in week 13. To win the division, we need GB to lose twice and we can't lose, essentially. Otherwise we lose the tie-breakers assuming we beat them at home.
They have a 1 game lead and the tie breaker, but the tie breaker isn't locked yet. We play them at home, if we win, we need them to lose to either the Bears or Lions, two teams that took them to the wire the first time they played... lose one of those it then goes to better record vs same opponent. They beat KC, we lost, we beat Philly, they lost... they beat the Broncos, so we have to as well. We then have to beat the Chargers to take that.

From what I’ve read there was interest from teams last spring but none this year at the TDL. Rhodes has been bad, plain and simple. I don’t love PFF but he’s around the 100th ranked CB. The only team in which he would be the best DB on the team is Cincinnati and that is as low as the standards get. I can’t think of a single team given personnel and cap considerations that would want him.
What I heard, Rhodes was asked for in trades, but what was also asked for, for whom the Vikes were trying to trade for, they didn't want to pay the additional price. First round picks were requested, that was a discussion ender.

Rhodes still has a market come seasons end. If nobody wants to trade, cut him, only have 4m on the cap, saving more than 8m next season. Either way, he's gone and we're better for it, then re-sign Waynes.

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
They have a 1 game lead and the tie breaker, but the tie breaker isn't locked yet. We play them at home, if we win, we need them to lose to either the Bears or Lions, two teams that took them to the wire the first time they played... lose one of those it then goes to better record vs same opponent. They beat KC, we lost, we beat Philly, they lost... they beat the Broncos, so we have to as well. We then have to beat the Chargers to take that.

What I heard, Rhodes was asked for in trades, but what was also asked for, for whom the Vikes were trying to trade for, they didn't want to pay the additional price. First round picks were requested, that was a discussion ender.

Rhodes still has a market come seasons end. If nobody wants to trade, cut him, only have 4m on the cap, saving more than 8m next season. Either way, he's gone and we're better for it, then re-sign Waynes.
This is assuming that Rhodes doesn't come back to form. Just sayin'

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Re-sign Waynes, trade Rhodes, move Hughes to his spot, we don't need a corner in the 1st.

I wouldn't be against it. In this pass happy modern NFL I don't think that 3 good corners is a luxury. The problem for me is that they still can't protect Cousins off the edge. Gotta find a good left tackle or hope that O'Neill's ascension to 'pro bowl' tackle status will handle a move to the left.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wouldn't be against it. In this pass happy modern NFL I don't think that 3 good corners is a luxury. The problem for me is that they still can't protect Cousins off the edge. Gotta find a good left tackle or hope that O'Neill's ascension to 'pro bowl' tackle status will handle a move to the left.
Alexander and Hughes already rounds us out to 3 good corners moving forward. Hill also returned last night, defended nicely on a couple plays. He's definitely got presidential too.

Still no need to draft a DB in the first.
This is assuming that Rhodes doesn't come back to form. Just sayin'
He hasn't been "to form" for more than a year and a half at this point. I'm not expecting the Xavier of old anymore.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Alexander and Hughes already rounds us out to 3 good corners moving forward. Hill also returned last night, defended nicely on a couple plays. He's definitely got presidential too.

Still no need to draft a DB in the first.

He hasn't been "to form" for more than a year and a half at this point. I'm not expecting the Xavier of old anymore.
I thought Rhodes was above average last year? I could be remembering wrong.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Btw - Minnesota is #8 in the CFP rankings

College Football Playoff rankings: LSU, Alabama in winners, losers

Minnesota
The top four would’ve been nice, but No. 8 will suffice. For one, it’s a nine-spot from last week, when the Golden Gophers were No. 17 in the debut rankings. In making that leap, Minnesota moved ahead of five two-loss teams, two one-loss teams and another unexpected Power Five unbeaten in Baylor. The main reason why being outside the top four doesn’t matter: Minnesota will easily play its way into the top four, perhaps even to No. 2, by running the table through its next four games. The opponents: No. 20 Iowa, Northwestern, No. 14 Wisconsin and either the Buckeyes or Penn State.

Also of note, Penn State is 9th, so they only dropped 5 spots, Minnesota jumped 9. Gophers are getting respect!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The Gophers?
They took a breath from talking about LeBron? Interesting.

It was the college football rankings reveal show. Not much Lebron talk.

Pollock thought they should've been #6. Joel Klatt (Fox's #1 color commentator) put them at #4.

We have the 2nd best win out of any team in the top 10 (LSU's win over Alabama would obviously be #1).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Garrett suspended indefinitely. Pouncy got 3 and Oguju...whatever got a game. Both Steelers and Browns fined 250K

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He will get a fine. And I hope you're not saying Rudolph deserved to get hit in the head like that because things got heated.

He should have bailed on the shenanigans after his helmet got ripped off his head. He's the QB (and a lot smaller), and need to make the smart decisions. Let the big linemen and refs handle it.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He will get a fine. And I hope you're not saying Rudolph deserved to get hit in the head like that because things got heated.
When did I remotely even come close to saying he deserved getting hit in the head?

What's being said is that Rudolph was not innocent in the altercation, yet he has not been fined at this point. He should be fined, because he actually initiated the incident in the first place when he grabbed at Garrett's helmet to begin with. That's when Garrett flipped his wig and went all psycho and ripped off Rudolph's helmet. Then again, Rudolph should have just stopped, but instead he goes chasing down Garrett who's already being restrained by 2 linemen... allowing the escalation to continue.

Did Rudolph deserve to be hit with his helmet? Absolutely not! That doesn't mean Rudolph is completely innocent either.

Throw Garrett out of the sport entirely... charge him for assault! Fine Rudolph though, because he should know better than to keep escalating an altercation in the first place.

You don't see any other QB's in the league grabbing at other players helmets if they didn't like a hit, do you? They just jaw at them and walk away. That's what Rudolph should have done.

He should have bailed on the shenanigans after his helmet got ripped off his head. He's the QB (and a lot smaller), and need to make the smart decisions. Let the big linemen and refs handle it.
That was his second chance to bail... he should have. He also should not have grabbed at Garrett's helmet to begin with, initiating the entire saga in the first place.

This is what started it all and why Rudolph needs to be fined!

Also, I wasn't aware of this until just recently... Rudolph apparently also kicked Garrett in the nuts too... I change my mind, Rudolph also should be suspended!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad