OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That Dak Prescott injury... brutal. I hope it doesn't end his career... :amazed:

Not for the faint of heart...

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dak, compound fracture and complete ankle dislocation.

Ironic one QB ( Alex Smith) returned to the field today from a similar gruesome injury, and another goes down with the same.

I wish him the best in his recovery.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zimmer is losing this team games. Not going for the convert early, and not kicking the fg cost them this game.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Vikes played well enough to win, but dumb decisions by the coaches cost the game. It drives me crazy when teams go for the two point convert when there is over a quarter to play. Always take the points!

How many years will this team waste trying to build around a mediocre QB? The fact that he is paid like a superstar just adds salt to the wound...again poor personnel decisions by Zimmer and Spielman....added to poor in game decisions by Zimmer and staff.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What a trash, overpaid QB. We have. Plenty of time, so no excuses, and he throws an INT. We've got to draft a QB.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, as much as we'd like to mock you and point fingers, our plate is more than full with our own problems. I am getting REALLY tired of watching a football team with a poor/mediocre QB. Cousins, Keenum, Ponder, Jackson, and all the ones in between that I forgot about. Cousins racks up stats somehow, but he's got really good receivers, and is a mental midget in the clutch.

I wonder what Rodgers would do with Jefferson and Thielen?

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Anyone rooting for the Vikings to win any games with this team is short sighted.

We need to lose as hard as we can, draft a QB (Trevor Lawrence, we just need to lose out) and after that draft all defense for the rest of the draft.

Our interior line is exposing our corner backs and screwing or exterior line. Stock up on DT's and corners and this team should turn around quickly even with Cousinsstarti g for another year while a rookie sits.

The Vikings offense is good and young enough to field a competitive team when healthy and Justin Jefferson only gets better from here.

Everyone wants to talk about Cousins and I agree he's got to go as soon as we can ship him out, but the reason why this team sucks is because we give up at least 30 every single game.

If the defense was structured as it was two years ago or so this team is undefeated.

Patience is key. Lose out, grab one of the top two QB's. Let him sit. Draft heavily on the defensive side. Sign a corner and an offe sive lineman.

This team is competitive next season.

Vikings make the playoffs a couple times then miss. They've been doing that for a long time.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yup, OL, DL, QB, CB are the issues. By the time they solve those, the rest of the core will be too old.

Justin Jefferson though... he's going to have a fantastic career.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Anyone rooting for the Vikings to win any games with this team is short sighted.

We need to lose as hard as we can, draft a QB (Trevor Lawrence, we just need to lose out) and after that draft all defense for the rest of the draft.

Our interior line is exposing our corner backs and screwing or exterior line. Stock up on DT's and corners and this team should turn around quickly even with Cousinsstarti g for another year while a rookie sits.

The Vikings offense is good and young enough to field a competitive team when healthy and Justin Jefferson only gets better from here.

Everyone wants to talk about Cousins and I agree he's got to go as soon as we can ship him out, but the reason why this team sucks is because we give up at least 30 every single game.

If the defense was structured as it was two years ago or so this team is undefeated.

Patience is key. Lose out, grab one of the top two QB's. Let him sit. Draft heavily on the defensive side. Sign a corner and an offe sive lineman.

This team is competitive next season.

Vikings make the playoffs a couple times then miss. They've been doing that for a long time.
I don't want Spielman making the pick. I don't trust he'll get it right. It'll end up like Matt Kalil all over again.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
If the Vikings end up in the 5-11 range, as this appears to be trending, who is still here next year - Zimmer? Spielman? Both? Neither?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Currently, there are 10 teams with 1 or 0 wins. The Vikings are gonna have to really separate themselves from the pack and let Cousins loose. Preferably, 3-5 interceptions a game. Maybe Zimmer has another emergency surgery for the Jaguars game. Or announce the coaching staff got rona for November and bring in some fans to coach.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as much as we'd like to mock you and point fingers, our plate is more than full with our own problems. I am getting REALLY tired of watching a football team with a poor/mediocre QB. Cousins, Keenum, Ponder, Jackson, and all the ones in between that I forgot about. Cousins racks up stats somehow, but he's got really good receivers, and is a mental midget in the clutch.

I wonder what Rodgers would do with Jefferson and Thielen?
He would like one of them and ostracize the other

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Currently, there are 10 teams with 1 or 0 wins. The Vikings are gonna have to really separate themselves from the pack and let Cousins loose. Preferably, 3-5 interceptions a game. Maybe Zimmer has another emergency surgery for the Jaguars game. Or announce the coaching staff got rona for November and bring in some fans to coach.
IDK, I was pretty good at Madden and NCAA football back in the day. You'll be surprised how many teams fall for the fake spike. I might accidently get the Vikings into a playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad