OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Cousins was pretty good, as much as it pains me to say it. That interception was not his fault, nor the fumble(that wasn't a fumble)by Rudolph. I normally don't get too up in arms about calls, but there were some pretty bad ones that all seemed to go against the Vikes. A couple of very marginal holding calls, a non call on pass interference against Jefferson, and that fumble.

The Bears are pretty bad offensively. Stunned that they had a winning record going into the game. I think that the Lions are just as good, and they stink. Packers are the class of the division, and i think they have some holes. Goes to show what having a great QB will do for you.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
NBA draft tonight! Who do the wolves draft? Looks to be the worst time to have the number 1 pick.

Ball: have been bombing all his interviews and predraft workouts. To the point of not doing them out of fear of hurting his stock more.

Anthony: Sounds more and more like he really doesn't care about basketball. recently saying that he would rather be in the NFL. Fears he could be the next wiggins where the talent is there but not the effort or drive.

Wiseman: Rumors are he doesn't want to go to Minnesota, nothing to do with the market or location. More about how he doesn't think he fits well with the team. Wants to go somewhere where he is the number 1 guy.

The player I want is Haliburton. He might be the number 1 pick in redrafts in future years, but right now it would be a reach to grab him. I also think he would fit well as a guard that can play off ball when Dlo is in and handle the ball well when he isn't. I watched him a lot in college and the kid is truly special. Great personality too.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
NBA draft tonight! Who do the wolves draft? Looks to be the worst time to have the number 1 pick.

Ball: have been bombing all his interviews and predraft workouts. To the point of not doing them out of fear of hurting his stock more.

Anthony: Sounds more and more like he really doesn't care about basketball. recently saying that he would rather be in the NFL. Fears he could be the next wiggins where the talent is there but not the effort or drive.

Wiseman: Rumors are he doesn't want to go to Minnesota, nothing to do with the market or location. More about how he doesn't think he fits well with the team. Wants to go somewhere where he is the number 1 guy.

The player I want is Haliburton. He might be the number 1 pick in redrafts in future years, but right now it would be a reach to grab him. I also think he would fit well as a guard that can play off ball when Dlo is in and handle the ball well when he isn't. I watched him a lot in college and the kid is truly special. Great personality too.

picks getting traded for a player 99% chance

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Who wants the number 1 pick? I see all this talk about the Wolves moving picks, but it sounds like no one is interested in moving up.

Im hearing its probably going to be a pick and trade package. Ive heard booker mentioned a ton, but the cp3 trade may change that. Or who knows maybe that will make it more possible? Harden wants out also :popcorn:

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
or we pick johnny flynn 2.0
Honestly I think Flynn gets a lot of unwarranted hate. Yes it sucks we passed on Curry twice, but Flynn had a solid rookie season. He also had some flashes of being a good player with some 4th quarter come backs and a game winning shot as a rookie. He made the all rookie 2nd team. He had games where he had a lot of rebounds, games with a lot of assists, and even a 29 point game as a rookie. During his rookie season many analysts thought he was a future all-star.

Injuries was his issue. I don't call players who get injuries a real bust because a lot of times you don't know how their career could've ended if they remained healthy.

The Wolves had made a bunch of stupid picks and trades, but I feel like Flynn wouldn't be one if he was healthy. If he stayed healthy I think he would've been better than Rubio.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Honestly I think Flynn gets a lot of unwarranted hate. Yes it sucks we passed on Curry twice, but Flynn had a solid rookie season. He also had some flashes of being a good player with some 4th quarter come backs and a game winning shot as a rookie. He made the all rookie 2nd team. He had games where he had a lot of rebounds, games with a lot of assists, and even a 29 point game as a rookie. During his rookie season many analysts thought he was a future all-star.

Injuries was his issue. I don't call players who get injuries a real bust because a lot of times you don't know how their career could've ended if they remained healthy.

The Wolves had made a bunch of stupid picks and trades, but I feel like Flynn wouldn't be one if he was healthy. If he stayed healthy I think he would've been better than Rubio.

whos that guy kahn drafted that if i remember correctly wasnt even draft eligible? that was a gem.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
We suck. Ok embrace the tank for Lawrence.
Well we don't suck that bad. Fine I'll support you
We might be a playoff team. Ok back on board
We suck. f*** you Vikings

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
It's official. St Paul Saints now AAA affiliate for the Twins. I like this move. Only question I have is what happens to the current Twins players? Do they all just get released unconditionally and become free agents?

https://www.startribune.com/twins-officially-add-st-paul-wichita-as-top-farm-teams/573346211/
Twins AAA players or do you mean Saints? I would assume the triple AAA players would move to St.paul like how when the Wild changed to the Allen for ECHL. The Saint player I would assume would be let go. Is the AA independent kaput? It always sounded like the Saint players were pretty much playing for fun and beer money.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Twins AAA players or do you mean Saints? I would assume the triple AAA players would move to St.paul like how when the Wild changed to the Allen for ECHL. The Saint player I would assume would be let go. Is the AA independent kaput? It always sounded like the Saint players were pretty much playing for fun and beer money.

Sorry, yep I meant Saints, not Twins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Saints don't get paid a lot, but it is good baseball. They are often older players who have been cut lose by organizations and are looking for a second chance, or guys who were overlooked in the draft. Their present pitching coach started playing at a D3 at U of MN (Morris), then the Gophers, ended up with the Saints after some injuries, and was traded to the Braves organization for a gross of baseballs and some bats. A couple of years later he was closing for Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, Millwood, Neagle on one of the best pitching staffs ever. Not a common situation, but they can play.

I wonder if they will draw? It's a nice stadium. Only thing I don't like is the parking situation, but I'd go down a few times a year to see AAA baseball....absolutely.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Great news. The baseball be at a higher level and as a Twins fan you will be able to watch some of the guys that might play for the Twins.
Most of the top prospects are at AA but it still makes the product on the field far more interesting.

I never have had a problem with parking. Park in the lot east of the depot at the bottom of the Kellogg bridge and your on 94 in minutes.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Saints games are one of the things I will miss most about moving out of downtown. My place was 3 blocks from the stadium, so parking was not an issue but Gordie is right, there are several not as obvious lots and ramps that are cheap during the summer.

Side Note - I decided to sell my condo, will throw in case of Hamm's with it if any of you are looking Lowertown ;)

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I do mortgage underwriting for work and seeing the housing prices in the Seattle area, SF, CA area, etc. is just absolutely mind-blowing. I just wonder about the fact that working from home is going to be such a thing going forward and how that may impact some of this stuff. Why move to San Francisco and/or Seattle if you can do the same job remotely in a much more affordable area? Obviously that's not always possible depending on the job you have to do, but do think it's going to have a significant impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad