OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am not crazy about Cousins, but that doesn't excuse Digg's behavior. Was it Moss who started this Diva routine amongst WR's? It's getting old.

Looks like there will be all sorts of WR's in this draft. We can take one at #25, or pick one up in the later rounds, and take OL with at least one of our first rounders.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I am not crazy about Cousins, but that doesn't excuse Digg's behavior. Was it Moss who started this Diva routine amongst WR's? It's getting old.

Cris Carter was definitely a diva......I would probably say Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin were also divas.

Reactions: TaLoN

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019

Looks like there will be all sorts of WR's in this draft. We can take one at #25, or pick one up in the later rounds, and take OL with at least one of our first rounders.
Diggs was a 5th rounder, Thielen was undrafted. Let’s address DL and DB before we worry about taking an early WR in a WR loaded draft.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Irvin was, but who really escalated it was Terrell Owens.
Antonio Brown and Terrell Owens are probably the two most prominent on-field diva WR's of all time . Owens ended up being a distraction everywhere he went.

I mean, Diggs hasn't gone AB yet, but it was really hard explaining to my 8 year old why a grown man was throwing a temper-tantrum on the sidelines this year. Good riddance.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Who was the guy who shot himself in the ass in NYC, then was charged with a weapons violation?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The best receivers are always divas.

I think it's the nature of the position... it's literally 1 man vs 2-3 trying to cover. The player needs a certain level of confidence in his own ability to succeed.

Agreed.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I like Diggs despite some of his Marbury-like nonsense, but this was a really good deal for the Vikes. Excellent opportunity to land an impact 0-line, d-line and still come away with a CB and/or WR within the first 3 rounds.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Thielen is also 30 and is starting to get banged up.

And a guy who literally could have been managing a grocery store, if not for his work ethic and attitude. You're talking about a guy who literally came out of Mankato State Football. I mean it's like beyond Cinderella.

He is proof for many WRs. Tom Brady won a number of SBs with guys who went undrafted or were grabbed in 7th round. (Edelman, Welker, Amendola, Hogan).

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
The best receivers are always divas.

I think it's the nature of the position... it's literally 1 man vs 2-3 trying to cover. The player needs a certain level of confidence in his own ability to succeed.
Larry Fitzgerald would like to disagree. Probably the last thing from a diva in the league regardless of position. But you’re right on that it’s the nature of the position. Especially because of how it is completely dependent on who is throwing the ball. You could have three Julio Jones’ as wide receivers but if Nathan Peterman is the QB it doesn’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad