OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah I don’t think you watched Foles at all in Jacksonville. I think he’s a slight upgrade over Trubisky but I’m not afraid of them at all.

On a more general note I don’t think the Vikings or Packers are in the same class as the 49ers and Seahawks. Even the Eagles and Saints depending on quarterback health. With cousins we have a definite ceiling and the Packers haven’t added anything that helps them win now compared to the class of the NFC.
Green Bay just beat Seattle in the playoffs. I think Minnesota would have beat them too. The 49ers were the class of the NFC.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Green Bay just beat Seattle in the playoffs. I think Minnesota would have beat them too. The 49ers were the class of the NFC.
Yeah and Minnesota beat the Saints in the playoffs but I don’t think MN or GB would beat either of them consistently in 2020, with the Saints dependent on Brees’ decline. My point was I think for the last 3 playoff spots it comes down to MN, GB, TB, Atl, Dallas, LA, and maybe the Bears will be fighting for it. I find it hard to believe any of those teams will win the NFC

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Reminds me of Eric Davis. All world talent, but couldn't stay healthy.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Not much
Probably today
14 Marlins tested positive yesterday
I understand the want/need to try to get things back to normal, but in watching a Twins game this last weekend, there were numerous occasions in which I saw players close to one another and not wearing a mask. If you're going to have the baseball season move forward, players need to wear masks when in close proximity.

It also amazes me there are numerous instances of your regular Joe Schmoe waiting in line for numerous hours to get a test, but these "celebrities" (not just MLB players) can get tested numerous times a week.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Baseball is one sport, catcher excepted, where it's possible to keep some distance from one another, AND since it takes place outdoors( usually) the virus can dissipate far better than in a hockey arena or basketball venue. Still amazes me that the athletes don't get the message, though. In the BPL, players mob one another after goals, negating the carefully thought out distancing measures they have put in place.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If there is ANY truth to this, then those players can sit for the rest of the season or their teams need to be heavily disciplined. A few teams ruining it for everyone else.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
If there is ANY truth to this, then those players can sit for the rest of the season or their teams need to be heavily disciplined. A few teams ruining it for everyone else.

Just heard same thing on news accept a few Cards went golfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->