Seravalli: Nolan Patrick hires new agent

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
1. Maybe Nolan Patrick's agent put the word out there he's looking for a raise in the hopes some team tries to poach him him with an offer sheet he is clearly not worth. His agent must know he's got no leverage and this is their only hope. Nolan Patrick is an excellent candidate for a mutual "change of scenery" trade which is far more likely than someone poaching him or trading for him.

Patrick for Pool Party

Other busts would be considered

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
1st
Patrick
Ghost

for Jones with extension

Maybe another piece from CBJ like Frost.
No.

Here's the situation with Jones: we're not trading him at all unless one of these things things happen:
1) We get offered a bona-fide #1C (the one thing we need the most), OR
2) We get confirmation that he wants out, OR
3) MAYBE, if we get to the deadline next year and he's still not signed.

So right now, the only acceptable offer is that bona-fide #1C. Everything else is either too far in the future or relies on something that hasn't happened.

And couple that with that segment of the Flyers fanbase that is all-in on "eye test is for suckers" analytics worship and hating Provorov as a result and frankly I don't want to discuss any kind of Jones deal with anyone following that team at all ;)

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
No.

Here's the situation with Jones: we're not trading him at all unless one of these things things happen:
1) We get offered a bona-fide #1C (the one thing we need the most), OR
2) We get confirmation that he wants out, OR
3) MAYBE, if we get to the deadline next year and he's still not signed.

So right now, the only acceptable offer is that bona-fide #1C. Everything else is either too far in the future or relies on something that hasn't happened.

And couple that with that segment of the Flyers fanbase that is all-in on "eye test is for suckers" analytics worship and hating Provorov as a result and frankly I don't want to discuss any kind of Jones deal with anyone following that team at all ;)

If you get to the deadline with Jones youre grossly handicapping any return he's worth. Just FYI

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
I have to assume you think Provorov is abysmal defensively, then?

Time to can another coach, huh?

Also, what you think about ED? Is it worth it to trade 3rd to SEA to take JVR or Voracek for cap space and - more importantly - roster spot ? Curious on your take...otherwise Patrick is 100% going to SEA in ED

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama

Also, what you think about ED? Is it worth it to trade 3rd to SEA to take JVR or Voracek for cap space and - more importantly - roster spot ? Curious on your take...otherwise Patrick is 100% going to SEA in ED
The Flyers could protect Patrick and leave both JVR and Voracek exposed, but I think they protect Voracek and let Patrick go.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Just like any job, when you dont do what youre supposed to, and you refuse to fix what you arent doing it right -- yeah, generally speaking thats what happens. I'm not sure what that has to do with my post though.

What they do in the ED is in consequential if they plan on continuing to move forward with AV, Yeo, and specifically, Therrien. You could add McDavid to this roster and it wouldnt change the end result.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Hmm, I would also like to suck at my job and get a raise. Send help

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I might've missed it, but I didn't hear anything about him wanting a raise. Just that he got a new agent and may want a fresh start.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You mean the guy on pace for 23 goals this season in a full season? His first season back in NA?

Not a chance. Dude will be stapled to either of McDrai for the rest of his career.

He definitely has more value than Patrick right now, but just saying, a 23 goal pace isn't that impressive playing on a line with a guy on a 106 assist pace...

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Teams that lack forward prospects/depth should take a shot at him as a lottery ticket, looking at the ducks,wings, blue jackets and Sabres imo

Don't really see a fit for Detroit. Rasmussen was better than Patrick this year in a similar role on a worse team. He's probably Detroit's 3C for the foreseeable future behind Larkin and Veleno. And Wings are pretty set at wing atp with Vrana, Zadina, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Raymond, Berggren so not sure where they'd play him?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Don't really see a fit for Detroit. Rasmussen was better than Patrick this year in a similar role on a worse team. He's probably Detroit's 3C for the foreseeable future behind Larkin and Veleno. And Wings are pretty set at wing atp with Vrana, Zadina, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Raymond, Berggren so not sure where they'd play him?

dont know detroits prospects off hand so i could be wrong but Patrick probably still has more 'potential' (say it loosely haha) then a few of those guys, he has only been in the league for 3 years so i dont think its time to yakupov him out of the league just yet

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You mean the guy on pace for 23 goals this season in a full season? His first season back in NA?

Not a chance. Dude will be stapled to either of McDrai for the rest of his career.
Kind of like how Alex "replacement level" Chiasson was when he played with McDavid? Except Chiasson was on pace for 25.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Kind of like how Alex "replacement level" Chiasson was when he played with McDavid? Except Chiasson was on pace for 25.

15 of those goals were on the PP. 1 SHG and so 6 were ES goals.

upload_2021-5-14_14-24-11.png

Other than Draisaitl and JP.. the only other player to put up serious ES goals with McDavid has been Maroon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad