Seravalli: Nolan Patrick hires new agent

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Just like any job, when you dont do what youre supposed to, and you refuse to fix what you arent doing it right -- yeah, generally speaking thats what happens. I'm not sure what that has to do with my post though.

What they do in the ED is in consequential if they plan on continuing to move forward with AV, Yeo, and specifically, Therrien. You could add McDavid to this roster and it wouldnt change the end result.

I know you're a Flyers guy and I like your posts. Just wanted to hear your thoughts about the state of the team. Kind of a crossroads this offseason, no ?

Anyhow here's to hoping Flyers get it right...or maybe less wrong XD

Reactions: BernieParent

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I know you're a Flyers guy and I like your posts. Just wanted to hear your thoughts about the state of the team. Kind of a crossroads this offseason, no ?

Theres certainly plenty of blame to go around this year, don't get me wrong. But AV tried forcing square pegs in round holes, he's got noone to blame but himself.

Hope they can get this offseason right, but I have my doubts about Fletchers ability to win trades, and even more doubtful he can do it while navigating an expansion draft (see his time in Minnesota). I'm expecting another sad season, but will be happy to be proven wrong!

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Theres certainly plenty of blame to go around this year, don't get me wrong. But AV tried forcing square pegs in round holes, he's got noone to blame but himself.

Hope they can get this offseason right, but I have my doubts about Fletchers ability to win trades, and even more doubtful he can do it while navigating an expansion draft (see his time in Minnesota). I'm expecting another sad season, but will be happy to be proven wrong!
Straight up Fletcher generally wins trade.

His weakness is when ownership wants to "win-now" he will always kowtow and then throw mid-round picks at the deal to get the more "established" player back in the deal, which then leads him to losing those trades and losing assets over time.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I think the Oilers are looking for a 3rd line, right shooting young center and Patrick could fit the bill, depending on how much of a raise he feels he's entitled to? :m-eek:

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Patrick should worry less about a raise and appreciate Flyers have been very supportive of him and continue to give him a chance. Whoever is talking to him has been giving him bad advice in my opinion. Hopefully, he has a healthy year and shows why he was drafted so high but until then he should chill with the comments.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
15 of those goals were on the PP. 1 SHG and so 6 were ES goals.

View attachment 433803

Other than Draisaitl and JP.. the only other player to put up serious ES goals with McDavid has been Maroon.
So what you're saying in JP is even useless on the PP? Just teasing. I don't care about ES, PP or SH goals when both guys got PP time. It's only relevant in a discussion where one player got PP time and the other didn't.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reactions: Hunter368

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean...he's making 874,125. A raise is due, even though it won't be much. 1,025,000 as an AAV would be fine, even for his stats, and it's a like a 17% raise, which I'd be in no position to turn down.

I'd be more then willing to do a two or three year deal at that rate for Patrick, and I think most teams would too, and it's a raise.

Reactions: biturbo19

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
It's tough to call someone a bust when they've been hampered by migraines among other things. It's an unfortunate situation and I do feel bad for him.

That said, he's not getting a raise. Nor should he.

Flyers will likely give Couturier a deal worth 9-10 million per season. They have Hart & young defenceman coming up for renewal too.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Straight up Fletcher generally wins trade.

His weakness is when ownership wants to "win-now" he will always kowtow and then throw mid-round picks at the deal to get the more "established" player back in the deal, which then leads him to losing those trades and losing assets over time.

Im not sure id classify any of the trades he made here so far a win. Niskanen for Gudas i could justify, despite the Niskanen deal falling apart due to his retirement. Everything else has been mediocre, or simply a recovery from a previous bad trade (ie trading up to grab Brink, something he wouldnt have had to do had he not traded for Braun).

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No.

Here's the situation with Jones: we're not trading him at all unless one of these things things happen:
1) We get offered a bona-fide #1C (the one thing we need the most), OR
2) We get confirmation that he wants out, OR
3) MAYBE, if we get to the deadline next year and he's still not signed.

So right now, the only acceptable offer is that bona-fide #1C. Everything else is either too far in the future or relies on something that hasn't happened.

And couple that with that segment of the Flyers fanbase that is all-in on "eye test is for suckers" analytics worship and hating Provorov as a result and frankly I don't want to discuss any kind of Jones deal with anyone following that team at all ;)

I think this off-season, CBJ needs to not screw around, offer Jones a generous extension, if he won't sign, you move on, don't drag the feet like with Dubois

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So what you're saying in JP is even useless on the PP? Just teasing. I don't care about ES, PP or SH goals when both guys got PP time. It's only relevant in a discussion where one player got PP time and the other didn't.

When "both guys got PP time"... yeah... JP barely gets any. He gets 1min per game which is a 1/4th McDrai

NHL Stats

When Chiasson scored 15PP goals, he got 2.5mins per game and close to McDrai time so they played a lot together on the PP.

NHL Stats

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Post virus I think most of Flyer fandom have hated AV. In 2 years Fletcher has made one trade that I can go well done (Gudas for Niskanen). It is really hard to tell the potential of the youth with the lack of trust in AV. And while in theory you can spend 7m better than JVR if he was taken in ED, there are far more ways to spend 7m and make the team worse.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If you're comparing Puljujarvi to Chiasson, you're wasting your time. It's also a thread that has nothing to do with either player.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd like Calgary to look into what it'd take to add Patrick. I think Sutter would be a good coach for him to learn under, perhaps put him on 3RW, flanking Backlund so he can be mentored by him.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Personally, if Patrick is traded, I see Nashville as the best option here. Still a playoff team but also doing a re-tool where they should swing for the fences on a still-very young, former 2nd-overall player. Maybe a deal centered around Evangelista and some picks?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Puljujarvi doesn't really get much PP time though. Patrick has 1.5 times the PP time he has.

Oilers pretty much have a single unit of power play and randomly throw out guys later if it's not working or if they are up a bunch of goals.

Chiasson though was stapled to the PP for a long while. Him and Neal split the time just being the screen.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
The Flyers could protect Patrick and leave both JVR and Voracek exposed, but I think they protect Voracek and let Patrick go.

I hope they leave JVR and Voracek exposed. Have been reading that NAK is going to be selected as SEA avoids big contract

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Post virus I think most of Flyer fandom have hated AV. In 2 years Fletcher has made one trade that I can go well done (Gudas for Niskanen). It is really hard to tell the potential of the youth with the lack of trust in AV. And while in theory you can spend 7m better than JVR if he was taken in ED, there are far more ways to spend 7m and make the team worse.

I'd rather move Voracek out than JVR. JVR has less $$ cap hit and less term and JVR isn't part of this losing Flyers culture. Voracek has been on the Flyers for about 10 years now, been to 5 playoffs, and won 2 playoff series...stunning. Voracek is a 0.5PPG in the playoffs and he doesn't play physical, kill penalties, or shutdown opposing teams. He's a bad contract...not a bad player but not worth his contract. Voracek is an accessory piece but he's being paid like a main piece (thanks Hextall).

Reactions: Flyer lurker

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Personally, if Patrick is traded, I see Nashville as the best option here. Still a playoff team but also doing a re-tool where they should swing for the fences on a still-very young, former 2nd-overall player. Maybe a deal centered around Evangelista and some picks?
Nashville: Where offense goes to die.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->