Seravalli: Nolan Patrick hires new agent

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He's a good fit for the Flyers, he's just not a good fit with them at this time.

No doubt he can play in the NHL. But the Flyers draft prospects that can only develop in their system successfully, but will admit it's not the best place for prospects as it's a high-stress market. And the Flyers didn't need Patrick as the ownership there tends to want the management to be entirely in win mode which means signing the best free agents. Now I don't think the Flyers are bad at developing prospects as they have Provorov, Giroux and co. that have developed in their system successfully as they're a hit or miss prospect team.

But Nolan Patrick no doubt was more than ready for the NHL, but is blocked out by guys like Giroux, Couturier and now Hayes. Patrick deserves another chance with a new and I believe Calgary to be the team that might be the best fit for him right now.

Probably Tkachuk/Gaudreau for Patrick+.

If not Calgary then I think either Arizona, Columbus, Minnesota, Detroit, or Ottawa. But I think Vegas might go after him considering McCrimmon goes after ex-Wheat Kings. Rumour was Vegas was planning on drafting him if they won the lottery.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
How do PHI fans feel about him

Do you guys still believe he can turn it around and become a good player or is well a flop ?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Edmonton makes a lot of sense. A real lack of C depth in terms of prospects and a potential top six role if his performance merits it.

It's tough to gauge what the return could be, but the Oilers have the assets.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Unfortunate player has medical issues and there is always ongoing risk they can not be overcome.

That said, would send hometown PHI boy Deangelo back for him, straight up, 1:1.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
. Patrick deserves another chance with a new and I believe Calgary to be the team that might be the best fit for him right now.

Probably Tkachuk/Gaudreau for Patrick+.

If not Calgary then I think either Arizona, Columbus, Minnesota, Detroit, or Ottawa. But I think Vegas might go after him considering McCrimmon goes after ex-Wheat Kings. Rumour was Vegas was planning on drafting him if they won the lottery.

That's a lot to pay for a player that won't crack the lineup if he doesn't step up.

I also know that both Columbus and Ottawa already have an overload of forwards for next year, so he'd really need a big improvement to make those teams. Yes I know they suck.

Vegas, oddly enough because they're so much better than the other clubs, is a bit thin at 4C. We'll see if Glass pushes others down the lineup. For now Kolesar is the 4C and Roy the 3C while Nosek is injured. There's room for improvement there.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Edmonton makes a lot of sense. A real lack of C depth in terms of prospects and a potential top six role if his performance merits it.

It's tough to gauge what the return could be, but the Oilers have the assets.

I wouldn't do it if I was Edmonton, presuming you'll have to pay good assets to get him.

The biggest issue in Edmonton's bottom six in recent years is guys getting caved in, picking up huge minuses. This year was a big step forward, ever since Turris got the boot, so I think it risks a step backward to take on a guy that just got brutally caved in. I also don't see much of a shortage there - you've got Khaira/Haas and Mcleod/Holloway. If I was looking for a new center I'd try and get an ace defender like Wennberg.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I wouldn't do it if I was Edmonton, presuming you'll have to pay good assets to get him.

The biggest issue in Edmonton's bottom six in recent years is guys getting caved in, picking up huge minuses. This year was a big step forward, ever since Turris got the boot, so I think it risks a step backward to take on a guy that just got brutally caved in. I also don't see much of a shortage there - you've got Khaira/Haas and Mcleod/Holloway. If I was looking for a new center I'd try and get an ace defender like Wennberg.
Uuummmm has Wennberg changed since last I watched him....

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Patrick just missed a full year of hockey and scored a whopping total of nine points after returning. I don't think this guy has much leverage other than draft pedigree. If he wants to play hardball with the Flyers I don't think they have any issues with exposing him for Seattle.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Edmonton's biggest issue right now is a lack of forwards with any kind of high end upside. Patrick is 22 years old.

He had a poor year statistically and has had issues with his health. These are reasons why the acquisition cost wouldn't be prohibitive if the player is ultimately dealt.

With Khaira/Haas/McLeod, you're essentially looking at the offensive production of a fourth liner with very little additional upside to be expected.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Struggling in Cbus

Wennberg was never struggling defensively. Pretty good low event center and a high end PKer. The only thing that changed since Columbus is he's found some shooting luck. A lot of Jackets fans judged him because of the bad contract he had, and many are now wishing they could have him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad