Seravalli: Nolan Patrick hires new agent

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Watch Patrick without any extraneous background noise (IE where he was picked, contract value). Guess what? He sucks. AHL is calling buddy you are 22 years old.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Hard to say where he'd be without injuries

Probably in the AHL.

At this point, the injuries give him an excuse that allows him to stay in the NHL and lineup. If he was another guy the same age as him, drafted in the sixth round, with no injury history, do you think he would be given equal opportunity?

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
1st
Patrick
Ghost

for Jones with extension

Maybe another piece from CBJ like Frost.
I’ll pass flyers don’t want Jones I’d rather use those assets on a better dman, Jones has been super washed the last two seasons and the flyers defence core is not the core to reclaim a players upside

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
There are a number of teams that'd want Patrick on the cheap, there's no question about that.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Considering his age where they picked him they should stay the course and hopes he pans out....Every team will be looking on the cheap just ride it out as he does have skills and hope he stays healthy.....

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Tough to ask for a raise when you miss a full year then come back and put up one of the worst performances in the whole company

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I was thinking more of a 4C.
I’d play him on the wing honestly. XD is an issue but I can actually see us being in on him.

His uncle coaches the Ice here; True North is getting cozy with them.

Winnipeg might be Patrick’s best chance at turning around his career.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He's a good fit for the Flyers, he's just not a good fit with them at this time.

No doubt he can play in the NHL. But the Flyers draft prospects that can only develop in their system successfully, but will admit it's not the best place for prospects as it's a high-stress market. And the Flyers didn't need Patrick as the ownership there tends to want the management to be entirely in win mode which means signing the best free agents. Now I don't think the Flyers are bad at developing prospects as they have Provorov, Giroux and co. that have developed in their system successfully as they're a hit or miss prospect team.

But Nolan Patrick no doubt was more than ready for the NHL, but is blocked out by guys like Giroux, Couturier and now Hayes. Patrick deserves another chance with a new and I believe Calgary to be the team that might be the best fit for him right now.

Probably Tkachuk/Gaudreau for Patrick+.

If not Calgary then I think either Arizona, Columbus, Minnesota, Detroit, or Ottawa. But I think Vegas might go after him considering McCrimmon goes after ex-Wheat Kings. Rumour was Vegas was planning on drafting him if they won the lottery.
Patrick’s injuries have exacerbated the deficiencies in his game. He’s best when he’s on the boards or battling for position in front of the net. His shot is only viable in the slot and his playmaking is suited there as well. Sadly, he backs off of every opportunity that way. Stinks because sometimes there are flashes, but it’s a dull no-show most of the time.

His potential is definitely there. It’s all dependent upon his injury status. I’ve personally lowered my expectations of him and wouldn’t be upset if he’s gone. No matter what his potential is or all the XYZ’s... having 9 points in 50 some games and just the poor showing throughout his career is enough for me to not care all too much.

Reactions: Lurch

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
From the Canucks id offer Virtanen and try him Patrick as the 3rd line C next season in between Pearson and Podkolzin.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I’ll pass flyers don’t want Jones I’d rather use those assets on a better dman, Jones has been super washed the last two seasons and the flyers defence core is not the core to reclaim a players upside
A bust, an overpaid defensive liabilitu and a 1st pick in a terrible draft doesn't net you Jones anyways

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Probably in the AHL.

At this point, the injuries give him an excuse that allows him to stay in the NHL and lineup. If he was another guy the same age as him, drafted in the sixth round, with no injury history, do you think he would be given equal opportunity?
He had a pretty good rookie season and stagnated into the second season with flashes of why he was drafted really high. The injuries are why he's not producing at an NHL level, he was at the very least scoring at a high-end third line rate. You're right about the draft placement keeping him on the roster last season though.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Part of the package for Gaudreau?
I'm not sure Patrick is an upgrade on Gawdin or Ruzicka. You certainly don't move Gaudreau for a package that involves him unless it involves a much bigger piece. He wouldn't come close to making our roster right now. I was a huge fan of his in junior, but he isn't the same player he was then.

Reactions: Mike Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad