Seravalli: Nolan Patrick hires new agent

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'll be shocked if Patrick is ever as good as RNH, even RyJo probably has a better peak.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I could see the Jets having interest but the Flyers wouldn’t like the offer I suspect.

Reactions: BatVader

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
This is likely the largest expectation vs reality situation I've ever seen for a player, iff true. you are closer to being an AHLer than getting a raise, but asking for a trade is fair considering the depth he has infront of him but I'd just worry about figuring out your conditioning and game before asking for a trade.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
1. Maybe Nolan Patrick's agent put the word out there he's looking for a raise in the hopes some team tries to poach him him with an offer sheet he is clearly not worth. His agent must know he's got no leverage and this is their only hope. Nolan Patrick is an excellent candidate for a mutual "change of scenery" trade which is far more likely than someone poaching him or trading for him.

2. Edmonton can't afford Barrie, straight up. Not if they want to keep RNH, Larsson, and fix their goaltending. Just too tight. Maybe if they buyout both Neal and Koskinen they could give him the years he wants.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
He has no value. Flyers can hold him and pray he becomes an NHL player or trade him for anything they can get.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I guess it depends on what type of raise he wants. Does he want a big raise or just a bit more then his 10% QO.

Anyhow he really isn't in a position to ask for much. My bet is he is exposed to Seattle and they take him and maybe he finds some success in a different environment.

Reactions: CanuckCity

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I could see the Jets having interest but the Flyers wouldn’t like the offer I suspect.

I don't know that we need him any longer now that we have Dubois and with Lowry inked.

He really doesn't fit the profile for what I would want at RW, I'd be looking for a player with some pace that could push the play down the ice.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don't know that we need him any longer now that we have Dubois and with Lowry inked.

He really doesn't fit the profile for what I would want at RW, I'd be looking for a player with some pace that could push the play down the ice.

I was thinking more of a 4C.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I haven't seen him play that much, but he looks like a competent player when I have.
Good on the draw and has an offensive toolbox. Two 30+ point seasons.

How does he not deserve $1.5m as a 4C?

Reactions: banks

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I was thinking more of a 4C.

Ah, just as soon see if Gus could do it next year. I doubt he's looking to go to a team to be a 4C. I think he likely believes he still has it in him to be more then that. He's probably hoping to be left exposed and picked be Seattle, he won't have as much center competition as he would have on another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad