No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Really. He bragged about making Wilson's head hit the ice with no helmet? Is there some extended version of the interview I didn't see?
Reeves beat his chest that Wilson had tangled with the biggest of the baddest and lost. The only thing that knocked Wilson out of the game was his head hitting the ice. this isn't hard to understand.

Reactions: dukeofjive and g00n

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Reeves beat his chest that Wilson had tangled with the biggest of the baddest and lost. The only thing that knocked Wilson out of the game was his head hitting the ice. this isn't hard to understand.
So the answer is no. He didn't specifically brag about Wilson's head hitting the ice. There's a difference between a guy feeling justified that his hit was okay (and the machismo that he won a physical battle) and going around cackling and looking for high fives for the injury on the play. Best I can give you is Reaves was callous to the injurious result but that's not the same as bragging.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Good non-suspension. Just your standard, run-of-the-mill incidental contact, right Todd Reirden? Reaves was just so much stronger.

Reactions: MattMartin

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
so its ok when tom does it to other people cause he scores goals but when he gets it back its not ok. Sorry bro he got exactly what he deserved, i hope it he gets it again and again, maybee in pre-season too.
Since i'm not calling for supplemental discipline for Reeves, and not saying it's ok when Wilson has made hits worthy of discipline, i'm not sure what you're talking about.

Reactions: dukeofjive

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Um no...Reaves is no fake tough guy. He's a legitimate heavyweight who can beat up most of the league but whatever you need to tell yourself.

I think he meant if Reeves used time travel to play back in the day? Lazy argument though as nothing can be proved. What has been proved is Reeves is certainly a current top hw and Tommy boy learned this lesson the hard way.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Um no...Reaves is no fake tough guy. He's a legitimate heavyweight who can beat up most of the league but whatever you need to tell yourself.

Spot picker when there were more tough guys and now plays in a league where there are no true heavyweights.

Acts like a clown show 85% of the time.

I love fighting so I'm glad he exists, he's just a clown though. Pathetic fight card but runs around and acts like he is Bob Probert or something.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017

Tommy probably wishes he accepted Reeves invitation to drop the mitts, get his beating over with early. Instead he took the coward route and the big bad lion still got his way.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
The only real issue with this hit is that Reaves should be throwing them at the Caps talented players. The same way Wilson targets the talented players on other teams.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
I’m guessing now is the time that all capitals fans come to reaves defense by declaring he is just bigger and stronger and simply can’t help that he hurts people. .........bueller.............bueller...
Personally, I have no issues with the hit nor the non suspension. It happens.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If you think he was going after him on behalf of "all the little guys" in the league. that's delusional.

The fact that he wanted to prove he was "the biggest lion" (bravado, machismo, not vigilantism), and ended up braying to the press after the guy's chin strap pops and he cracks his head on the ice is...pretty pathetic.
The dude has cheap shotted several players including players on the Knights. Also you call him a goon yet he has 6 goals and 4 assists. Thats almost 16 goal pace goons dont score that much

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
If I'm the coach of the Caps, I'm looking at Wilson's offensive value vs Reaves's, and concluding that trading Wilson for Reaves is a bad exchange, because Wilson is by far the superior hockey player.

Conversely, if I'm coaching Vegas, I'd love to trade Reaves for Wilson.

What you foolishly view as cowardice, is actually discipline.

Wilson and discipline?!?Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
Love it, Wilson lays an unnecessary late, blind-side hit, engages for a second and then skates away at full speed, then in the same shift tries to throw a high elbow and gets his **** rocked. lol

He "tries to throw a high elbow? C'mon man...that's just silly comment intended to rabble-rouse the masses. He doesn't even see Reaves.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Love it, Wilson lays an unnecessary late, blind-side hit, engages for a second and then skates away at full speed, then in the same shift tries to throw a high elbow and gets his **** rocked. lol

This is textbook Tom Wilson.

Reactions: Snowman

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Should have been 2 minutes max, and only that because Refs are human and I can grant they will make some mistakes. Wilson should take some lessons from Reaves on how to hit cleanly

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I’m guessing now is the time that all capitals fans come to reaves defense by declaring he is just bigger and stronger and simply can’t help that he hurts people. .........bueller.............bueller...

You haven't read a single post in either of the threads on this hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad