No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Shoulder to ventral side of torso, don't see a problem, looks like a clean hit.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I never mentioned the hit itself, no issue at all with it. You said he was "wincing like a *****". If you enjoyed watching him smack his head on the ice as he did, I don't know what to say.......

Theres a big difference between feeling a lack of empathy and enjoyment. If you think the two are synonymous, say no more. I stated what everyone saw, which was Wilson wincing like a bitch after a body-to-body hit. Maybe the equipment manager can show him how a snap button works.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Can't tell if you're just plain wrong, or lying. Wilson has fought a lot of players who were bigger than him.
At their end of their shifts. He doesn't fight guys his size or bigger when they are fresh. Hockey Fights has every scrap he has been in. When he gets forced into fights he covers up for two punches and hits the ice like when McQauid bitched him out.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
He "tries to throw a high elbow? C'mon man...that's just silly comment intended to rabble-rouse the masses. He doesn't even see Reaves.
My comment was talking about another video that someone else put, not the Reaves hit.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I’m guessing now is the time that all capitals fans come to reaves defense by declaring he is just bigger and stronger and simply can’t help that he hurts people. .........bueller.............bueller...

Also:
- Tom Wilson should know when Ryan Reaves steps onto the ice
- Gotta keep your head up
- Ryan Reaves is just too fast and strong, it's not his fault Tom Wilson is smaller than him
- Ryan Reaves was just finishing his check and creating space for his teammates

Am I doing this right?

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Almost identical to the Reaves hit if you ignore the fact that Marchessault wasn't skating towards Wilson and never looked back at him.

Yup...totally a hockey play right there, folks
And people wonder why there were no tears shed last night

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Also:
- Ryan Reaves is just too fast and strong, it's not his fault Tom Wilson is smaller than him

Am I doing this right?

“Tom wilson was skating backwards and reaves tried to get out of the way”

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
To be fair, most of the Caps fans here have said, essentially, that's the game Wilson plays and he should expect it. Added to that, it's pathetic people rejoicing that he may be hurt.
Yeah I'll give Caps fans credit here. They're not complaining about the same things people say about Wilson.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Tom Wilson is going to regret building up a "goon" reputation for himself, when facing all of these other, actual goons. He has the skills to be more than an "enforcer", yet that is the role that he has chosen to play.

Having to deal with tough guys like Reaves is not going to be easy for him. Wilson is tough but some of these guys are on another level of toughness.

Reaves thrives on taking out the toughest guys on the other team. There is nothing that Wilson, despite all his strength, can really do to a guy like that. There will be no retribution, only pain if Wilson chooses to respond.

Reactions: New Jersey

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Also:

Am I doing this right?
Actually, hit was nothing, just infortunate result for Wilson.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Wilson's quote after trucking Jonathon Marchessault in last year's Cup Finals:
"I haven’t obviously slowed it down and looked at it but I think he’d probably say he shouldn’t have admired his pass and I’m just finishing my check," Wilson said.

lol tom wilson is a sociopath, confirmed.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
They set the precedent with Wilson's hit. It's not a precedent I particularly like but it is consistent. People seem to forget that Reaves is a full-fledged POS himself and has no issue causing injuries.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
When Wilson inevitably ends up playing for another team, the delusional faction of Caps fans that defends him at all costs will finally admit he's a dirty player. The same thing happened with Pens fans and Matt Cooke.

That being said, Reaves' hit was obviously dirty too. I have no doubt he intentionally targeted Wilson, and while I understand the point he was trying to make, a dirty hit is a dirty hit.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Reaves lion comment was so cringe worthy
Eh, I took it as a joke. Whenever he scored a deflection goal in Pittsburgh he made some kind of comment like "Well, they traded for a high-octane goal-scorer and that's just what they got" or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad