No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
5+game was the good call, but I would have been ok with an extra suspension too... you dont want this Guy besoin Wilson 2.0

Not sure how Caps fans feel, but it seems like Reaves was making an impersonnation of Wilson (On Wilson) du ring the game... only focusing on talking runs at him....
Caps fans are crying because someone went all 'Tom Wilson' on their guy.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Living by the sword ,tends to get you killed by it....Both are tough men ,Wilson knows the deal now with Reeves

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
This isn't an issue if Wilson's helmet stays on and he pops back up off the ice. 5 and a game misconduct was more than it warranted, just like Wilson's 5 and a game misconduct against NJD was more than it deserved.

But the hypocrisy of the same people wanting Wilson drawn and quartered for his hits while lionizing Reaves, and the Wilson apologists crying foul, is hysterical.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
To be fair, most of the Caps fans here have said, essentially, that's the game Wilson plays and he should expect it. Added to that, it's pathetic people rejoicing that he may be hurt.
It depends, rejoicing because the guy is actually hurt or because, since he is hurt, he won't be able to hurt their player...

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
To be fair, most of the Caps fans here have said, essentially, that's the game Wilson plays and he should expect it. Added to that, it's pathetic people rejoicing that he may be hurt.

I ll also rejoice when Reaves pays his dues. Equal smirks all around.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Wilson didnt pick a war with Reeves. Reeves stalked Wilson and took runs at him the entire game.
Viz says thank you!! Just ordered my Reaves jersey. New favorite player!!! Now all that's missing is for Ross Johnston to rearrange Wilson's face, but big Tom will cower from that....

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I ll also rejoice when Reaves pays his dues. Equal smirks all around.

Thing is, neither Wilson for Reaves are in control of the situation.

The NHL created this scenario where dirty and reckless play can benefit a guy's team. Truly that should never have been the case.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yes, there are two different issues. As I have now said like four times in this thread, I understand the “karma” response. That is, Wilson deserved a taste of his own medicine. I totally get that.

The second issue, which may be one you personally just don’t care about, is whether the Reaves hit was clean. Apparently, yes. At least according to the league.

Carry on.

No, the league said the on-ice punishment was sufficient. They did not say the hit was clean.

Reactions: troyerlaw

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't see any reason for suspension. Reaves was heading back up the ice in the general direction of where the play was going. Wilson after making the play up the ice was going in an east-west direction which intersected with Reaves North-South path. Reaves IMO did not leave his path and the hit wasn't high and it wasn't predatory. At worst you could say it was a late hit but Wilson after making his play was heading right at Reaves. Reaves simply didn't stop for him but if he'd really wanted to hurt him he could have gone higher but he didn't.....so no big deal to me.

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
It was shoulder to shoulder. Reaves can't control that Wilson's helmet flew off nor how he fell.

I'd say it was interference, but nothing more. Sucks what happened, though.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Exactly. As a caps fan, the hit is what it is, and not suspendible in my opinion.

My only issue is reaves mocking wilson in that interview afterwards, after persistently trying to go after him the whole game, that's not hockey at all, and ends up giving him a hard and late hit that leads to an injury. He makes it seem like he wanted to hurt wilson, and the fans are loving that.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Agree with no suspension. As I agreed with no suspension on the Wilson "hit" on Seney.

The people here that were looking for a suspension for the Seney hit (some suggesting a year or out of the league all together) but were okay with no suspension for this hit are completely delusional clowns. You have shown that your point of view is worthless bias drivel.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Agree with no suspension. As I agreed with no suspension on the Wilson "hit" on Seney.

The people here that were looking for a suspension for the Seney hit (some suggesting a year or out of the league all together) but were okay with no suspension for this hit are completely delusional clowns. You have shown that your point of view is worthless bias drivel.

ClosedEvenBoa-small.gif

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I hope to see Tommy Boy drop the mitts next time Reeves challenges him early. If not I can see a similar fate. Tommy Boy learning there is always someone bigger, and stronger. Thankfully Reeves doesnt have a habit of running rookies, instead he chooses to humble big, bad, fast Tom Wilson lol.
Tommy will retire and change his name before Fighting a fresh Reeves early in a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad