No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Justify it however you want, call it whatever you want but Tommy's peers are sick of his actions and excuses. Unfortunately Tommy ran into the big bad Lion last night. It wont be long until we see Tommy face down again.

I don't blame players for being sick of Wilson's dirty and dangerous hits. They should be.

But applauding Reaves while attacking Wilson is hardly a principled stance. lol.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It was a hard professional foul. Live by the sword.....

Wilson will be looking to tune this guy up I’m sure next time around....probably with a similar hit.

No tears from this Caps fan. Bet his chinstrap gets fixed that’s for sure.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Wow.... Tommy is a good player and has developed nicely, but..... Disciplined? Manute Bol thinks that's a long reach.

lol

Seriously, I do think Wilson has improved on that.

In the past he'd be in the penalty box at the wrong times, fixated on sideshow fights and hits and vendettas instead of hockey. In the past two seasons he's been much better at picking moments to fight, and avoiding bad penalties in close games. It's not an accident. Trotz coached him up.

Reactions: GKG18

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
It was a hard professional foul. Live by the sword.....

Wilson will be looking to tune this guy up I’m sure next time around....probably with a similar hit.

Sorry bud, not happening. Tommy ran from Reeves all night long. If your gonna walk through the jungle be wary of the big bad lion Tommy Boy.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Reaves didn't seem very concerned about it.

Wilson should probably just let it go because Reaves keeps dropping him.

But, he probably won't.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Justify it however you want, call it whatever you want but Tommy's peers are sick of his actions and excuses. Unfortunately Tommy ran into the big bad Lion last night. It wont be long until we see Tommy face down again.
LOL. Reeves was not stalking Wilson all night on behalf of the rest of the league. He’s a goon who was trying to get one our most important players off his game or take a penalty and take himself off the ice.

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
Tom Wilson is a cheap shot artist. I agree with that.

The problem with your inaccurate emotion-driven statement is that you included the word "just."

Tom Wilson has rounded into a good hockey player - 15 points in 21 playoff games last year and well over a PPG this year.

We’re not talking about his PPG? We’re talking about his thuggery?

Also, I don’t care if you have an issue with the words I chose to use. Have an internal conversation with yourself about it kiddo

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
When Wilson does it, it’s dirty. When Reaves does it, it’s clean.

There really isn't any double standard nor are people being hypocritical. People simply don't care and are unmoved that Wilson is/could be hurt from a devastating hit. That's a whole 'nother issue.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
5+game was already overkill. It was shoulder to shoulder, and at most just BARELY late, about half a second after Wilson passed the puck. That’s a 2 minute interference penalty, arguably not even a penalty at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->