No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Lol big bad tommy wouldn’t drop the gloves. It’s comical how big of a p**** he is. He can only hit you when you’re not looking

Odd statement for a Pens fan to make.

Zack Auston-Reese was looking right at Wilson when they collided. Do you not remember that?

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
That shouldn't have been any penalty in the first place. Reaves hit him below the shoulder and it wasn't late. Not to mention Wilson looked right at Reaves and then turned away, which was idiotic because Wilson himself would never pass up that same hit if he were the one throwing it.

This is a prime example of why the NHL needs to have video review for major penalties just like College Football reviews targeting calls. If a ref is going to hand out a major penalty and remove a guy from a game, they better make the effort to review the play and make the right call.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Marcus F0ligno, Braydon Cobourn, Patrick Maroon, Ross Johnston, Tom Sestito, Chris Stewart, Bradon Bollig, Ryan Reaves (x2), Zach Sill....would you like more names of people who are as big or bigger than Wilson?

Sure, please do.

Reactions: VP

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Luke Gazdic
Brandon Bollig
Chris Stewart
Tom Sestito
Joe Thornton
Brian Boyle
Ross Johnston
Marcus Foligno
Ryan Reaves

Tommy took his beatings from Sestito, Bollig, Gazdic in style I'll give you that. Nice research though bud, I see you went back half a decade to pull some of these names.

What we can agree on is next time LV and Wash meet Tommy boy will tuck his tail and avoid Reeves at all costs. Unfortunately I can see him facedown on the ice again for being a coward.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Don’t be angry bro. Big bad tommy is a huge lil b****

I don't really care. As far as I'm concerned Wilson got some comeuppance for all the players he's concussed.

But it won't cause me to make blatantly inaccurate statements - as it did for you, and many others in Wilson related threads.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Tommy took his beatings from Sestito, Bollig, Gazdic in style I'll give you that. Nice research though bud, I see you went back half a decade to pull some of these names.

What we can agree on is next time LV and Wash meet Tommy boy will tuck his tail and avoid Reeves at all costs. Unfortunately I can see him facedown on the ice again for being a coward.
Agree.

He has stepped up a few times over 6 years. I can give him that I suppose.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

If I'm the coach of the Caps, I'm looking at Wilson's offensive value vs Reaves's, and concluding that trading Wilson for Reaves is a bad exchange, because Wilson is by far the superior hockey player.

Conversely, if I'm coaching Vegas, I'd love to trade Reaves for Wilson.

What you foolishly view as cowardice, is actually discipline.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I hope to see Tommy Boy drop the mitts next time Reeves challenges him early. If not I can see a similar fate. Tommy Boy learning there is always someone bigger, and stronger. Thankfully Reeves doesnt have a habit of running rookies, instead he chooses to humble big, bad, fast Tom Wilson lol.

How many actual legit fights has Wilson had in his nhl career?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Let's try to keep the whole "glad he is injured" types of comments out of this thread. Thank you.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I keep reading comments about "hit from behind". But that's not a penalty, is it? It only matters if you hit the numbers and board a player.

For an open ice hit, it needs to not be late, and you need to not launch into the player or make the head the principle point of contact. I believe people are citing old rules about "blindside" hits which are no longer in the rulebook. Am I wrong in my understanding of the current rules?

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
If I'm the coach of the Caps, I'm looking at Wilson's offensive value vs Reaves's, and concluding that trading Wilson for Reaves is a bad exchange, because Wilson is by far the superior hockey player.

Conversely, if I'm coaching Vegas, I'd love to trade Reaves for Wilson.

What you foolishly view as cowardice, is actually discipline.

Justify it however you want, call it whatever you want but Tommy's peers are sick of his actions and excuses. Unfortunately Tommy ran into the big bad Lion last night. It wont be long until we see Tommy face down again.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Bro you're sooo mad. You can't accept the fact that big bad tommy is just a cheap shot artist.

Tom Wilson is a cheap shot artist. I agree with that.

The problem with your inaccurate emotion-driven statement is that you included the word "just."

Tom Wilson has rounded into a good hockey player - 15 points in 21 playoff games last year and well over a PPG this year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wait did Wilson get Wilsoned?? How did I miss this?
Wilson.gif

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
What does it matter? Caps have nobody in the National League or the minors that Reeves would be remotely worried about. If Tommy boy dropped the gloves and took his beating early he would have avoided being absolutely rocked. Instead Tommy tucked his tail and ran away and we see what that got him.

Funny how he tends to do that when guys in his weight class challenge him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad