No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm no longer worried about Reaves doing something reckless. Yes he had a dangerous boarding play on Pateryn early in the season and he injured Hedman with a clean check, but for the most part it's honest shoulder to shoulder old school hockey.

30 teams(now 31) are constantly worried about Wilson blindsiding one of their better players, no matter how small they are.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
5 and a game was sufficient. The hit was late. Had the puck been on Wilson's stick. no call would have been made

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I have a feeling Wilson will do something really stupid when he comes back, stupid even for him.
If Vegas were on the schedule again this year, then yes, for sure. But he has already missed so many games, I think he will be looking to string together some games without ejection, suspension, or injury. Especially since he is on first line and has been productive offensively in the games he does dress for

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What does it matter? Caps have nobody in the National League or the minors that Reeves would be remotely worried about. If Tommy boy dropped the gloves and took his beating early he would have avoided being absolutely rocked. Instead Tommy tucked his tail and ran away and we see what that got him.
Why should Wilson be fighting a goon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I thought the whole issue people had with Wilson, even when he was just late or never hit the head directly, was his hits were "predatory" and "intent to injure".

Apparently Reaves called himself a "lion in the jungle" after the game, and was stalking Wilson the entire game, telling him he was going to "get him" at every faceoff. If that's not predatory and intent to injure, nothing is.

So all of you defending this while complaining about Wilson are 100% hypocrites. Have fun with it.

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
There really isn't any double standard nor are people being hypocritical. People simply don't care and are unmoved that Wilson is/could be hurt from a devastating hit. That's a whole 'nother issue.
Yes, there are two different issues. As I have now said like four times in this thread, I understand the “karma” response. That is, Wilson deserved a taste of his own medicine. I totally get that.

The second issue, which may be one you personally just don’t care about, is whether the Reaves hit was clean. Apparently, yes. At least according to the league.

Carry on.

Reactions: dukeofjive

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Why should Wilson be fighting a goon

He doesnt have to fight, however, choosing that route he still ended up face first on the ice. Six in one, have a dozen in the other kid. Tommy got what was coming to him and it wont be long until we see him facedown on the ice again.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I thought the whole issue people had with Wilson, even when he was just late or never hit the head directly, was his hits were "predatory" and "intent to injure".

Apparently Reaves called himself a "lion in the jungle" after the game, and was stalking Wilson the entire game, telling him he was going to "get him" at every faceoff. If that's not predatory and intent to injure, nothing is.

So all of you defending this while complaining about Wilson are 100% hypocrites. Have fun with it.

The point is that people aren't defending Reaves, they simply don't care Wilson got hammered and, possibly, hurt. They are having fun with it. That, is the interesting thing to me.

Reactions: dukeofjive

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If I'm the coach of the Caps, I'm looking at Wilson's offensive value vs Reaves's, and concluding that trading Wilson for Reaves is a bad exchange, because Wilson is by far the superior hockey player.

Conversely, if I'm coaching Vegas, I'd love to trade Reaves for Wilson.

What you foolishly view as cowardice, is actually discipline.

Discipline until the opponent has his back turned, amiright?

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
LOL. Reeves was not stalking Wilson all night on behalf of the rest of the league. He’s a goon who was trying to get one our most important players off his game or take a penalty and take himself off the ice.

Tweed go ahead and have a read bud. Seems like Tommy was being stalked by the big bad lion all night. I'm guessing Tommy Boy wishes he shed the mitts and turtled instead of the alternative that left him face first on the ice.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Yes, there are two different issues. As I have now said like four times in this thread, I understand the “karma” response. That is, Wilson deserved a taste of his own medicine. I totally get that.

The second issue, which may be one you personally just don’t care about, is whether the Reaves hit was clean. Apparently, yes. At least according to the league.

Carry on.

They aren't two different issues at all. Whether the hit was clean or not is irrelevant to my point. Which, put directly, is people only care that Wilson was crushed and maybe hurt, not that it was clean or dirty, late, right on time, blindside, karma, whatever. Only that he was hurt. That, is the point I find interesting.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The point is that people aren't defending Reaves, they simply don't care Wilson got hammered and, possibly, hurt. They are having fun with it. That, is the interesting thing to me.

This is a distinction without difference. Weasel speak.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Nice hit between two tough guys. We can just move along unlike when all the sissys get run over. Caps is a pretty soft team bar Wilson so good thing Reaves proved who's the alpha out there.

I like Wilson btw. You give and you take.

Edit: It's also fun to see how all the pacifist that hate fighting and big hits suddenly love blood and violence when it suits them.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
It was late so it deserved a penalty but the hit itself was textbook. He didn't try to crush the head like Wilson is wont to do.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
This is a distinction without difference. Weasel speak.

Weasel speak? Here, let me try this slowly: Hypocrisy has nothing to do with it. You're condemnation of people being hypocrites is, while an obvious and simple response, misplaced. Why? Because they don't care they're being hypocrites. They are, as you have suggested, simply having fun with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->