No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
What does it matter? Caps have nobody in the National League or the minors that Reeves would be remotely worried about. If Tommy boy dropped the gloves and took his beating early he would have avoided being absolutely rocked. Instead Tommy tucked his tail and ran away and we see what that got him.

Logic fail. The hit may have occurred regardless.

Reactions: CountKong

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
If you are going to be the goon of your team, you have to fight other teams goons. When you are a fake tough guys who takes runs at people but won't fight the goons of the league. They are going to take runs at you. It's the way the NHL has always been. Fighting only still exist for the players to police players and he won't fight because he's a fake tough guy so they are going to take runs.

Wilson willingly fought Reeves on more than one occasion and they were pretty evenly matched.

You don't have a point.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Yeah no easy they could have suspended him for this after letting wilson's hit go the other day, I would have been ok with both getting something but not too upset at both getting nothing also

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Come on- it's well documented that Wilson and Reaves have fought before. As for whomever keeps repeating the "he won't fight someone bigger and stronger" BS, Wilson is 6' 4" 195 to Reaves (generous) 6' 1" 225. He's bigger than Reaves. Strength is relative.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I like how you dropped 20 lbs off Wilson's listed weight on NHL.com :laugh:

Has Wilson fought Reeves since the fight in STL where Wilson got cracked?

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The hit was a penalty, but there wasn't anything wrong with the hit itself. It was just late = interference.

The injury is unfortunate (how unfortunate depends who you ask) but had more to do with the contact with the ice. Its just bad luck that could happen on any hit. But Reaves did not hit him in a way to cause an injury (such as making principle contact with the head).

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Come on- it's well documented that Wilson and Reaves have fought before. As for whomever keeps repeating the "he won't fight someone bigger and stronger" BS, Wilson is 6' 4" 195 to Reaves (generous) 6' 1" 225. He's bigger than Reaves. Strength is relative.

They've fought. Which is probably why Wilson will never drop gloves with him again. But my comment was more in regards to who Wilson chooses to rough. Hint, look at the common refrain from Caps fans after a trademark Wilson goon-hit: "How can you hold Wilson responsible for a head hit when Wilson is so much bigger he can't hit anywhere else?"

As far as Wilson getting a headache, that's on him for mis-wearing his equipment, not on Reaves for a shoulder to shoulder hit.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
I mean I know a lot of people want to see Wilson get smashed but I don't really see what the big deal is here. He took a hit from behind and Reaves got the game misconduct just as Wilson did for a similar hit...life goes on.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Wilson willingly fought Reeves on more than one occasion and they were pretty evenly matched.

You don't have a point.
Wilson hasn't fought Reaves since 2014. I understand that "on more than one occasion" sounds better than "on two occasions", but they only fought twice, and were not "evenly matched".

Their first "fight" in 2013 was Wilson jumping Reaves, Reaves punching Wilson in the head twice, followed by Wilson grappling him and pulling him to the ice, failing to land a single punch.

Their second fight Ryan Reaves absolutely rocked Wilson, no contest.

Tommy boy must have learned his lesson in 2014, because while in a Pittsburgh sweater Reaves challenged Wilson multiple times and Tommy ran scared each time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->