No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I may be both, but I don't think it takes a someone that's super in touch with the game to refute that he's a "waste of space on the ice" while he's on pace to exceed Tom Wilson's career high in goals.

If your taking Reaves pace this year you would have to take Wilsons this year. So again you lose.

Want to bet on who scores more this year? Loser deletes their account? I bet you don’t :)

Reactions: third man in

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The one with 3 points in 46 playoff games and was a healthy scratch in the finals. The lion in the jungle.

Wilson has more goals in 11 games then Reaves (30 years old) best season to date.

Lets not go down this path. You will be embarassed just like saying your the lion in the jungle.
Or saying Reaves is a waste of space on the ice without noticing he's scoring goals this season. Embarrassment means different things to different people, I suppose.

Wilson's getting close to his own personal record, I suppose he'll smash through that assuming he continues playing with Ovi and doesn't catch a 40 gamer. Looks like it's a good season for waste of space goons, especially good for waste of space goons that get 1st line ice time.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If your taking Reaves pace this year you would have to take Wilsons this year. So again you lose.

Want to bet on who scores more this year? Loser deletes their account? I bet you don’t :)
Did you just make this post three minutes after bringing up Reaves' career playoff performance? Just asking for the crowd.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Did you just make this post three minutes after bringing up Reaves' career playoff performance? Just asking for the crowd.

Don’t want to bet I see. You sounded so confident.

Enjoy your teams journey to irrelevancy with GMGM.

Defending Stanley Cup Champions wooo

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Don’t want to bet I see. You sounded so confident.

Enjoy your teams journey to irrelevancy with GMGM.

Defending Stanley Cup Champions wooo
When GMGM overpays goons, he does it for an extra year and a few hundred thousand in salary.

I’d probably hold back on the confidence for a little while.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Or saying Reaves is a waste of space on the ice without noticing he's scoring goals this season. Embarrassment means different things to different people, I suppose.

Wilson's getting close to his own personal record, I suppose he'll smash through that assuming he continues playing with Ovi and doesn't catch a 40 gamer. Looks like it's a good season for waste of space goons, especially good for waste of space goons that get 1st line ice time.
Wilson gets 1st line minutes because he earned it and plays well on it. It wasn't gifted to him for no reason. He's a top 6 player on his own merit.

Reactions: Koized

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
When GMGM overpays goons, he does it for an extra year and a few hundred thousand in salary.

I’d probably hold back on the confidence for a little while.

Wilson is 10x the player Reaves is. He put up a better season in his 2nd year than Reaves whole career best and didn’t even play all 82 games.

Enjoy more Tatar, Max Pac, trades.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Wilson gets 1st line minutes because he earned it and plays well on it. It wasn't gifted to him for no reason. He's a top 6 player on his own merit.
I'm glad the Caps found someone talented enough to play on a line with Ovechkin and Kuznetzov.
Wilson is 10x the player Reaves is. He put up a better season in his 2nd year than Reaves whole career best and didn’t even play all 82 games.

Enjoy more Tatar, Max Pac, trades.
That's his 17 point season? I was previously questioning his six year contract for $5MM+, but now that I know he scored all those points that early inhis career it makes a lot of sense.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I don’t see the Reeves hit as that bad tbh....certainly not worth a suspension, 5 mins was plenty. Wilson needs to do up his chin strap though.

Both Reeves and Wilson can bring value to a team as long as they play within the rules. Wilson historically has had major problems doing that. FYI I’m not a fan of either team.
A 2 for interference should have been sufficient.

Wilson getting hurt was his own fault.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I'm glad the Caps found someone talented enough to play on a line with Ovechkin and Kuznetzov.
Me too, he complements the 1st line extremley well.

That's his 17 point season? I was previously questioning his six year contract for $5MM+, but now that I know he scored all those points that early inhis career it makes a lot of sense.
Wilson came into the league straight from Juniors. He wasn't ready and our idiot coach played him strictly as a 4th line enforcer. His first 2 seasons he wasn't a very effective scorer. He's improved every year since then. First his skating improved, then defensively, then his offence the last couple of years. Don't worry Caps fans are perfectly fine with his contract.

Reactions: OppositeLocK

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Me too, he complements the 1st line extremley well.

Wilson came into the league straight from Juniors. He wasn't ready and our idiot coach played him strictly as a 4th line enforcer. His first 2 seasons he wasn't a very effective scorer. He's improved every year since then. First his skating improved, then defensively, then his offence the last couple of years. Don't worry Caps fans are perfectly fine with his contract.
For sure, and don't get me wrong, I actually don't mind Tom Wilson or his contract.

However, this whole tangent started from me defending against Ryan Reaves being a waste of space on the ice, which he's obviously not. The fact that he's on a pace that would eclipse Tom Wilson's career high in goals prior to this season was just supporting evidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: third man in

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you have to ask the question, you are presuming, n'est-ce pas, about him being a hater ?

No. I'm asking the question to determine the depth of his direct knowledge of the subject. I already know he's a Wilson hater from his posting history.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
No. I'm asking the question to determine the depth of his direct knowledge of the subject. I already know he's a Wilson hater from his posting history.
If you "know" that he is a "hater", why ask the question ?

Unless the answer may change your mind, in which case a tip of the hat...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you "know" that he is a "hater", why ask the question ?

Unless the answer may change your mind, in which case a tip of the hat...

Why ask your question? What's your point?

Again, mine is to determine how much he actually knows about the topic. Does he hate Tom Wilson because he's watched 300-400 of his games and just doesn't like the guy (a few exist), or is it because he's the fan of a rival team and only sees the controversial clips which makes it easier to post uninformed generalizations about the player and his situation?

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Why ask your question? What's your point?

Again, mine is to determine how much he actually knows about the topic. Does he hate Tom Wilson because he's watched 300-400 of his games and just doesn't like the guy (a few exist), or is it because he's the fan of a rival team and only sees the controversial clips which makes it easier to post uninformed generalizations about the player and his situation?
This certainly looks like an after-the-fact explanation which doesn't hide the fact that your mind is made up.

Keep on "hating"...

PS: And what is so "controversial' about the clips ?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This certainly looks like an after-the-fact explanation which doesn't hide the fact that your mind is made up.

Keep on "hating"...

PS: And what is so "controversial' about the clips ?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Uh, what? What the hell is an after the fact explanation here? Why would I need something like that? He either knows what he's talking about or he doesn't.

Same goes for you. Butt out if you don't like it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think this thread is well over the actual hit and more about the antics post-game and the classless glorification and cheering of an injured player from posters who are known to want a safer nhl.

It’s kinda bull-****. You can’t constantly preach player safety, then all of a sudden change your positions due to the circumstances. That makes you a clown and weakens any future statements/arguments you make.

Here's the thing you and the rest of the Capitals fans don't understand...you don't get to say this with any amount of credibility. Whether you like it or not, Tom Wilson has removed your ability to make this argument. 100%.

If there was equal outrage from the Caps fans when he hit ZAR, Sundqvist, Seney, etc, it would be different. But nope. Instead, you (as a fanbase) double, triple, and quadrupled down on it and defended him for it. What were clearly illegal hits resulting in significant injuries...you defended them as strong hockey plays...somehow "not illegal"..."oh it was a fraction of an inch lower than the head so technically it's the shoulder"..."don't watch your pass"..."shouldn't be suspendable"...and so on. You hitched your wagon to this horse. You don't get to cry outrage now. It's not the way it works. At all. Whether you like it or not. You just don't get to do that.

While none of us want to see any player get hurt, this is the corner you have placed yourselves in and you have no one but yourselves and Wilson to thank for it. It's like seeing a video watching the bully get knocked out. Do you feel sorry for the bully if he starts whining about bullying? I don't.

There is only one route. Use this as a learning experience. Swallow your pride, takes your lumps like men, and think about how you will react to Wilson's next antics (and yes, there will more antics with him, 100% guaranteed). Will you defend it? Or will you recall these threads and choose the better path and call for justice?

Think about that...because you will not receive justice in this thread. Wilson is not deserving of justice...and neither are those that have gone to the ends of the earth to defend him. Accept it. Move on. And next time, know better. I hope Wilson learns from this as well. The VAST majority of fans understand what kind of a player he is and know that his antics frequently cross a line. As disappointing as it is when the league is actively trying to get it out of the game...yet he chooses to do it deliberately, willfully, and negligently. So again...he's removed your ability to suddenly start calling for justice and to say how bad it is when people get hurt why those hits. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Here's the thing you and the rest of the Capitals fans don't understand...you don't get to say this with any amount of credibility. Whether you like it or not, Tom Wilson has removed your ability to make this argument. 100%.

If there was equal outrage from the Caps fans when he hit ZAR, Sundqvist, Seney, etc, it would be different. But nope. Instead, you (as a fanbase) double, triple, and quadrupled down on it and defended him for it. What were clearly illegal hits resulting in significant injuries...you defended them as strong hockey plays...somehow "not illegal"..."oh it was a fraction of an inch lower than the head so technically it's the shoulder"..."don't watch your pass"..."shouldn't be suspendable"...and so on. You hitched your wagon to this horse. You don't get to cry outrage now. It's not the way it works. At all. Whether you like it or not. You just don't get to do that.

While none of us want to see any player get hurt, this is the corner you have placed yourselves in and you have no one but yourselves and Wilson to thank for it. It's like seeing a video watching the bully get knocked out. Do you feel sorry for the bully if he starts whining about bullying? I don't.

There is only one route. Use this as a learning experience. Swallow your pride, takes your lumps like men, and think about how you will react to Wilson's next antics (and yes, there will more antics with him, 100% guaranteed). Will you defend it? Or will you recall these threads and choose the better path and call for justice?

Think about that...because you will not receive justice in this thread. Wilson is not deserving of justice...and neither are those that have gone to the ends of the earth to defend him. Accept it. Move on. And next time, know better. I hope Wilson learns from this as well. The VAST majority of fans understand what kind of a player he is and know that his antics frequently cross a line. As disappointing as it is when the league is actively trying to get it out of the game...yet he chooses to do it deliberately, willfully, and negligently. So again...he's removed your ability to suddenly start calling for justice and to say how bad it is when people get hurt why those hits. Can't have your cake and eat it to.
Don't expect any well-reasoned retort to your post.

Bravo !

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Are people still thinking a half shelf helmet is stopping a concussion in that situation? That is about as dumb as Reaves signing picutres of an injured player. Need I say how spineless it is of that fat f*** too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad