No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
People like you is what gives Caps fans a bad rep.

You applaud every time Wilson throws a predatory hit and defend him after every suspension. Yet when someone pulls a "wilson" on Wilson you cry bloody murder.

I notice you avoid the question in order to attack me instead. Says a lot.

I have no problem with a level playing field. If Wilson makes a clearly dirty hit, punish him. But what's been going on with the DOPS action vs inaction is 100% biased and directed at getting him, and big hits, out of the game. Even at the expense of letting slabs of meat like Reaves do their dirty work for them.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I don't even care so much about the hit. It wasn't a headshot. If Wilsons helmet doesnt fly off its no big deal. The comment after the game and especially the signed photo though was incredibly classless.
I don't mind the comments after the game. Some good trash talk is always entertaining. The autographed pictures may have been in bad taste, but to be fair Reaves had them destroyed before any of them were sold.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017

I have no problem with a level playing field. If Wilson makes a clearly dirty hit, punish him. But what's been going on with the DOPS action vs inaction is 100% biased and directed at getting him, and big hits, out of the game. Even at the expense of letting slabs of meat like Reaves do their dirty work for them.
Reaves did nothing illegal. So I am not sure what you are referring to.

Unless you're trying to say that a shoulder to shoulder hit should get Reaves suspended?

Reactions: mel and BillPrep

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Reaves did nothing illegal. So I am not sure what you are referring to.

Unless you're trying to say that a shoulder to shoulder hit should get Reaves suspended?

100% disingenous comment intended to lead to a circular argument about Wilson making shoulder to shoulder hits. Reaves was tossed for stalking Wilson, not playing hockey, and should be suspended for intent to injure as backed up by his post-game actions. Go back to what I said earlier...

When did Wilson stalk a guy all game long while telling him he was going to get him, and then specifically target that player repeatedly with late/high/illegal hits with intent to injure, while laughing about it on the ice and signing autographed pictures afterward?

I'll wait.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Claiming he had reformed himself (when he had kept his nose clean for an extended period)...

Except that flat out did not happen. Pens fans just bought into a bunch of lies that were created to excuse the dirtiness. And perpetuated them.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
100% disingenous comment intended to lead to a circular argument about Wilson making shoulder to shoulder hits. Reaves was tossed for stalking Wilson, not playing hockey, and should be suspended for intent to injure as backed up by his post-game actions. Go back to what I said earlier...

When did Wilson stalk a guy all game long while telling him he was going to get him, and then specifically target that player repeatedly with late/high/illegal hits with intent to injure, while laughing about it on the ice and signing autographed pictures afterward?

I'll wait.
Reaves was stalking Wilson to taunt, intimidate, and hurt him. And obviously it worked. If he intended to injure Wilson he would just pull a wilson and hit him in the head.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
TW was at a significant disadvantage due to being under the DOPS microscope and was trying to play hockey, like all you complaining haters have whined about for years, not engage in a macho measuring contest with a plugger who's one bad game away from the press box.

TW is a legit RW1 with a Cup. Reaves is a chunk of meat on skates who fantasizes about being a jungle cat, and will likely be crying in his beer in a year or two.

I would not gloat if I were you.
I have never seen anyone try to remove themselves of blame as much as this sentence. This is like complaining about not being allowed to drive because the police suspended your license for 5 DUI's.

OK we get it, you love wilson. This is why you defend all of his dirty actions and post outrage any time someone does the same to him.

How dare anyone retaliate to wilson! He should have free reign to check people in the head!

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Except that flat out did not happen. Pens fans just bought into a bunch of lies that were created to excuse the dirtiness. And perpetuated them.

You originally said that Pens fans defended Cooke's dirty hits. I asked you to prove it. Your evidence (the Matt Cooke appreciation thread) didn't have anyone defending his dirty hits. You created a false equivalence between supporting a player and defending dirty hits.

Will you ever provide anything that shows that Pens fans were defending Cooke for his dirty hits?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I have never seen anyone try to remove themselves of blame as much as this sentence. This is like complaining about not being allowed to drive because the police suspended your license for 5 DUI's.

OK we get it, you love wilson. This is why you defend all of his dirty actions and post outrage any time someone does the same to him.

How dare anyone retaliate to wilson! He should have free reign to check people in the head!

Try to pay attention. The context was Reaves kicking Wilson's ass, not "blame" for Wilson's past actions.

You want to call that a fair fight with Reaves? Fine. But that's delusional.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC

What exactly would Reaves be retaliating for after Wilson served 16 games of a 20 game suspension as punishment for his actions? In what world is a 20 game suspension considered "free reign"? He hadn't made any contact with anyone's head under his own power since returning from the suspension and there was no indication that he would have had Reaves not injured him.

Maybe Reaves and you fine backwards thinking folk should give the actual punishment he was handed out a chance to sink in instead of cheering for and executing boorish vigilante justice.

"He was punished by the league, but it's not good enough for us! Rah rah rah!"

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Try to pay attention. The context was Reaves kicking Wilson's ass, not "blame" for Wilson's past actions.

You want to call that a fair fight with Reaves? Fine. But that's delusional.
You must be happy the league has evolved away from goons. I can just imagine your outrage any time someone retaliates to wilson. 6 years ago every team had at least 1 fighter, at the very least a pest. Today, only a handful of players can physically stand up to wilson, mostly just Reaves and Buff. So TW has free reign to throw around his shoulder without fear of retaliation. Shame.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
What exactly would Reaves be retaliating for after Wilson served 16 games of a 20 game suspension as punishment for his actions? In what world is a 20 game suspension considered "free reign"? He hadn't made any contact with anyone's head under his own power since returning from the suspension and there was no indication that he would have had Reaves not injured him.

Maybe Reaves and you fine backwards thinking folk should give the actual punishment he was handed out a chance to sink in instead of cheering for and executing boorish vigilante justice.

"He was punished by the league, but it's not good enough for us! Rah rah rah!"
He's been suspended, what 5? times in the past 14 months. Doesn't look like suspensions mean anything to him.

Reactions: strictlyrandy

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You must be happy the league has evolved away from goons. I can just imagine your outrage any time someone retaliates to wilson. 6 years ago every team had at least 1 fighter, at the very least a pest. Today, only a handful of players can physically stand up to wilson, mostly just Reaves and Buff. So TW has free reign to throw around his shoulder without fear of retaliation. Shame.

Was this supposed to be an answer to the question, or just more deflection and nonsense?

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Was this supposed to be an answer to the question, or just more deflection and nonsense?
- stalk- like when TW goes out of his way to charge his shoulder into someone's head.
-trash talk- this is pro sports, everyone talks trash.
-target- like what TW did to get suspended 5 times in the past year
-late/high/illegal- Reaves's hit is only guilty of being late. TW is guily of all 3 on all his suspensions, and then some.
-laughing- Reaves did a good job at getting under TW's skin and was mocking how he ragdolled him. I would say that's some grade A pesting. I've seen TW laughing after he knocked several players from last year's playoffs.

You have to realize that when you play the game the way TW does, when you give so much you better be prepared to receive it too. I don't understand why caps fans don't understand this.

Do you honestly expect teams to roll over and let TW charge and injure their guys and be cool about it?

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Wow this was an suspension, Dops is a joke this year. Wilson is a dirtball, so is Reaves so who cares.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
- stalk- like when TW goes out of his way to charge his shoulder into someone's head.
-trash talk- this is pro sports, everyone talks trash.
-target- like what TW did to get suspended 5 times in the past year
-late/high/illegal- Reaves's hit is only guilty of being late. TW is guily of all 3 on all his suspensions, and then some.
-laughing- Reaves did a good job at getting under TW's skin and was mocking how he ragdolled him. I would say that's some grade A pesting. I've seen TW laughing after he knocked several players from last year's playoffs.

You have to realize that when you play the game the way TW does, when you give so much you better be prepared to receive it too. I don't understand why caps fans don't understand this.

Do you honestly expect teams to roll over and let TW charge and injure their guys and be cool about it?

What a fat load this is. You couldn't be any more transparent in your effort to diminish what Reaves did and push it back on Wilson, even though there's no comparison.

FTR Wilson was laughing at the Pens players talking shit at him, not ZAR being hurt. But don't let facts get in the way of a good internet show job.

Reactions: Drakon

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

This is absurd, borderline delusional. Pure and simple, as has been explained to you repeatedly and repeated throughout NHL history as long as I can remember: When a team has a player whom it is generally accepted does not respect his fellow players or the game, he/his team mates get hurt and they do not--ever--receive the benefit of the doubt.

You sound exactly like Pens fans who were crying when Letang and Crosby took unpunished repeated elbows to the head when Cooke was on the team. Its how the league takes care of itself--always has, always will.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

I'll wait.

Actually Reaves was tossed for interference for a hit that was barely late but resulted in an injured player on the ice. Without the injury there's no way he's tossed and the injury is a result in part IMO because the injured player when facing off with the lion didn't have his safari hat on right. The NHL's threshold for late by the way is .5 of a second. They begin to think of it as a real problem at .6. That's from Bob McKenzie commenting on the hit which was between .5 and .6--maybe not great but not terrible either. Ryan wasn't tossed for stalking and FWIW he hardly changed his path at all--maybe not even a step--to make the hit. He was going North-South or in the general direction of where the play was going at the time. DOPS pays a lot of attention to pathways. Remember Wilson's hit on Aston-Reese?--Wilson went way out of his pathway. There's not much divergence here with Reaves hit. I'm sorry but Reaves has an acceptable argument that he was trying to play hockey. Wilson spun away from the play he made going more than less in an East-West direction which intersected with Reaves path. If the play/players were in a reverse situation by the way I can't see Wilson passing up that kind of hit on Reaves and IMO from Wilson (past practice) that hit would have been a lot higher than it was from Reaves and I think most people would agree with that. Reaves doesn't have nearly the history of cheap shots that Wilson does.

Last edited:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Reaves is a huge dude and I would not want to piss him off out there, Wilson or not.

Reaves bullied Wilson. Wilson probably knew this was coming, especially coming off a suspension and getting a game misconduct from hitting Brett Seney. It is known Wilson is a shit clown and while good, has his head firmly lodged in his backside. Guy has a target on his back for being an asshole, not because he is good at hockey.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad