No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Why are Capitals fans complaining about Reaves "stalking" Wilson? (when there is no clear signs Reaves intended to injure Wilson)

I mean, Reaves played a very hard game on Wilson, but he did not do anything to suggest Reaves had clear intent to injure Wilson. IF Reaves had gone Mcsorley on Wilson it would be completely different - and Caps fans would have a valid case to rage about Reaves "stalking" Wilson.

Targeting Wilson is not illegal in itself - remember that Wilson is targeting opposing players every game with predatory hits (and has thrown way more dangerous stuff than Reaves) Wilson could easily been suspended 2-4 times more last year, the league let him off the hook as usual - especially in the playoffs.

What makes it better to target different players ILLEGALY as Wilson does, than target Wilson LEGALLY as Reaves did?

The only reason Wilson was hurt on the play was that he did not wear his helm properly, if Wilson had the helmet strapped correctly, he would bounce up and no penalty would have been called on the play.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This is absurd, borderline delusional. Pure and simple, as has been explained to you repeatedly and repeated throughout NHL history as long as I can remember: When a team has a player whom it is generally accepted does not respect his fellow players or the game, he/his team mates get hurt and they do not--ever--receive the benefit of the doubt.

You sound exactly like Pens fans who were crying when Letang and Crosby took unpunished repeated elbows to the head when Cooke was on the team. Its how the league takes care of itself--always has, always will.

I don't care one bit if you disagree with me, but you're also disagreeing with the Caps players, announcers and players around the league who have sided with TW in several of these cases (including ZAR), and the Caps front office. The people who have been there every day working with the DOPS on standards have said they have no idea what the DOPS is doing or looking at.

So I think I trust them more than some hater or Pens fan who only watches youtube videos.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
What makes it better to target different players ILLEGALY as Wilson does, than target Wilson LEGALLY as Reaves did?
He doesn't do that anymore, he was suspended for what he did in the past. What we saw in that game, is that an AHL goon was targeting Caps top player on a hot streak.

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
If you are going to be the goon of your team, you have to fight other teams goons. When you are a fake tough guys who takes runs at people but won't fight the goons of the league. They are going to take runs at you. It's the way the NHL has always been. Fighting only still exist for the players to police players and he won't fight because he's a fake tough guy so they are going to take runs.

Since when has Wilson not stood up and took on every teams tough guy.. You obviously don't watch the Caps or Wilson enough to make an educated opinion about it..

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Come on- it's well documented that Wilson and Reaves have fought before. As for whomever keeps repeating the "he won't fight someone bigger and stronger" BS, Wilson is 6' 4" 195 to Reaves (generous) 6' 1" 225. He's bigger than Reaves. Strength is relative.

Wilson is 6'4 220

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I don't care one bit if you disagree with me, but you're also disagreeing with the Caps players, announcers and players around the league who have sided with TW in several of these cases (including ZAR), and the Caps front office. The people who have been there every day working with the DOPS on standards have said they have no idea what the DOPS is doing or looking at.

So I think I trust them more than some hater or Pens fan who only watches youtube videos.

If you have to presume I'm a hater or a Pens fan who only watches youtube videos, then you obviously do care that I disagree with you! If you want to stoop to that level, then I'll note I find it rich that a Caps fan, of all people, questions my understanding of the game. I've been to your arena many times, enough said.

Reactions: strictlyrandy

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Justify it however you want, call it whatever you want but Tommy's peers are sick of his actions and excuses. Unfortunately Tommy ran into the big bad Lion last night. It wont be long until we see Tommy face down again.

Reeves is a waste of space on the ice.. He only wishes he had the speed and skill that Wilson has..

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
The Ryan Reaves that's currently on pace to score more goals than Tom Wilson did last year to get paid? That's the one to whom you're referring?

Well if you actually think Ryan Reeves brings more value to a hockey team than Tom Wilson you really are out of touch with the game or you are just a Golden Knight fan boy!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don’t see the Reeves hit as that bad tbh....certainly not worth a suspension, 5 mins was plenty. Wilson needs to do up his chin strap though.

Both Reeves and Wilson can bring value to a team as long as they play within the rules. Wilson historically has had major problems doing that. FYI I’m not a fan of either team.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
When you get hit like that, and the majority of nhl fans (excluding Caps fans) are downright giddy about it, there's a reason.
Kind of like when Sonny beat up Carlo. Neither was a good guy but in that case it was satisfying seeing the bully get his due.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I just love the idea that Tom Wilson is being treated unfairly, as though the way he is treated is completely random and not attached to his history of dirty hits. I assume the league just pulled Wilson's name out of a hat when they were completely randomly and arbitrarily deciding what player to go after. Same for the fact that the majority of non-Caps fans think he is a dirty p.o.s. It couldn't possibly be that Wilson is a dirty p.o.s. and that he has brought the hatred on himself.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you have to presume I'm a hater or a Pens fan who only watches youtube videos, then you obviously do care that I disagree with you! If you want to stoop to that level, then I'll note I find it rich that a Caps fan, of all people, questions my understanding of the game. I've been to your arena many times, enough said.

I don't have to presume shit.

TW has played over 400 NHL games. How many of those have you seen in full?

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
He doesn't do that anymore, he was suspended for what he did in the past. What we saw in that game, is that an AHL goon was targeting Caps top player on a hot streak.
Why don’t we give Wilson at least half a season before we claim “he doesn’t do that anymore” If he manages to at least feign some concern and respect for the safety of his fellow players for the duration of the season then possibly the narrative can begin to trend towards his successful reform.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Well if you actually think Ryan Reeves brings more value to a hockey team than Tom Wilson you really are out of touch with the game or you are just a Golden Knight fan boy!

I may be both, but I don't think it takes a someone that's super in touch with the game to refute that he's a "waste of space on the ice" while he's on pace to exceed Tom Wilson's career high in goals.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I may be both, but I don't think it takes a someone that's super in touch with the game to refute that he's a "waste of space on the ice" while he's on pace to exceed Tom Wilson's career high in goals.

On fourth line. With half the minutes.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
The Ryan Reaves that's currently on pace to score more goals than Tom Wilson did last year to get paid? That's the one to whom you're referring?

The one with 3 points in 46 playoff games and was a healthy scratch in the finals.

Wilson (24 years old) has more goals in 11 games then Reaves (30 years old) best season to date.

Lets not go down this path. You will be embarassed just like saying you’re the lion in the jungle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->