No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Reaves' stats so far this year: 6 G, 4 A, 10 P.

Yep, can't argue with the chief there.
Elementary stats classes teach this novel concept called sample size. Look it up.

71 pts in 527 games, or .13 ppg. If he's a decent player than so is Micheal Haley and his .12.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I'm suggesting reaves targeted him the entire game, made a clearly illegal hit clearly part of this targeting, and achieved his goal of injuring a player.

Maybe you arent smart enough to know a blindside hit can injure someone. Doesn't take an android to know that amigo. Reaves knew it and achieved his goal.

He is a fat talentless clown. What's the most points chubs has in a season?

You suggesting something doesn't make it true, amigo. I don't see how that was clearly an intent to injure clearly. Especially when your emotions are running wild on the matter. Maybe you're not smart enough to know that.

The only reason Wilson was blind to the hit was because he stopped looking at Reaves and instead turned his own head at the last second to watch his pass instead. Heck, Wilson's skates and chest were directly pointed at Reaves' direction, so it wasn't like Reaves literally came in from a blind angle.

What's the most points that Wilson has had? I don't see how any of your last paragraph ramble is relevant to anything.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Stay classy Vegas and Reaves!

ryan-reaves-signed-photo.jpg
Pretty dope picture if I was a Vegas fan

dylanmacarthur

RonFrancis dēlenda est
Nov 8, 2013
You suggesting something doesn't make it true, amigo. I don't see how that was clearly an intent to injure clearly. Especially when your emotions are running wild on the matter. Maybe you're not smart enough to know that.

The only reason Wilson was blind to the hit was because he stopped looking at Reaves and instead turned his own head at the last second to watch his pass instead. Heck, Wilson's skates and chest were directly pointed at Reaves' direction, so it wasn't like Reaves literally came in from a blind angle.

What's the most points that Wilson has had? I don't see how any of your last paragraph ramble is relevant to anything.
Well, I think this picture proves the point.

Reaves intended to injure Wilson. He injured Wilson. Then he took a victory lap for achieving his goal.

Class dismissed.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I think this thread is well over the actual hit and more about the antics post-game and the classless glorification and cheering of an injured player from posters who are known to want a safer nhl.

It’s kinda bull-****. You can’t constantly preach player safety, then all of a sudden change your positions due to the circumstances. That makes you a clown and weakens any future statements/arguments you make.

The league is safer if Wilson can't/isn't playing though..

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Some of Wilson hits are awful. Some shouldn’t be defended.

However - when you’re celebrating injuring someone - and giving someone a concussion - and signing photos of a illegal hit you did to someone to be sold for profit - you’re just a awful person.

Tom Wilson has had some awful hits. Reeves is being a awful person.

Reactions: philip

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The league is safer if Wilson can't/isn't playing though..

Live by the sword, die by the something-or-other. I forget.

I hit too many people in the head when I played hockey until a tougher guy knocked me senseless, so now it's hard to remember things. Turpentine potato knickerbocker

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
I think this thread is well over the actual hit and more about the antics post-game and the classless glorification and cheering of an injured player from posters who are known to want a safer nhl.

It’s kinda bull-****. You can’t constantly preach player safety, then all of a sudden change your positions due to the circumstances. That makes you a clown and weakens any future statements/arguments you make.

the only problem with 'player safety' here is that your boy couldn't/didn't tighten his chin-strap...clean, not late, shoulder-to-shoulder, wilson saw him coming and turned away...

wear your equipment correctly and (if you're going to go around making illegal hits that seriously injure people) keep your damn head up when one of the few guys in the league that can whoop your ass is on the ice...

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria

Yes you can. It's called being human. It's awesome seeing someone like Wilson get absolutely hammered. Would love to see more of it. I don't come on here pretending I'm god. Why should others.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Yes you can. It's called being human. It's awesome seeing someone like Wilson get absolutely hammered. Would love to see more of it. I don't come on here pretending I'm god. Why should others.
What’s awesome is seeing some actual physicality. Unfortunately, now it’s 5 and a game.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Remember when everyone was on their hundred foot tall horses calling Tom Wilson classless because they assumed he was laughing at someone he injured (but were ultimately proven wrong... not that they'll accept that)?

This is actually what disgusting behavior looks like. I wanted to be happy for the Vegas story, I even argued with people against the whole "gift draft" narrative. But this is disgusting. Supporting this is disgusting. This is not what a rivalry is. There's no way to spin it to make yourself seem like an honorable supporter of hockey who just wants the game to be safer.

The fact that this thread is still allowed to go on when the intent of anyone who posts in it to support Reaves is simply to be happy that someone might be/is concussed is an embarrassment to these boards. It should not matter who the player is.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Remember when everyone was on their hundred foot tall horses calling Tom Wilson classless because they assumed he was laughing at someone he injured (but were ultimately proven wrong... not that they'll accept that)?

This is actually what disgusting behavior looks like. I wanted to be happy for the Vegas story, I even argued with people against the whole "gift draft" narrative. But this is disgusting. Supporting this is disgusting. This is not what a rivalry is. There's no way to spin it to make yourself seem like an honorable supporter of hockey who just wants the game to be safer.

The fact that this thread is still allowed to go on when the intent of anyone who posts in it to support Reaves is simply to be happy that someone might be/is concussed is an embarrassment to these boards. It should not matter who the player is.
I don’t think one person here shed a tear when domi knocked out that pos ulfie. It’s called karma.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
I don’t think one person here shed a tear when domi knocked out that pos ulfie. It’s called karma.
I didn't ask anyone to shed tears. Why do people of your ilk always insist upon inserting words or thoughts to fill spaces where none are needed?

Also, still not what karma is.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
FWIW, Reaves played pretty soft tonight against Chicago. I don't remember a single hit. He must have had a stern talking to.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
And Marchessault deserved that shot after openly mocking Barry Trotz. See why revenge is stupid?
Revenge can be dumb, like in your bad analogy.

However, someone widely regarded as a dirtbag doing a dirtbag thing and then getting his chops busted for it, that kind of revenge is more palatable for people.

Poetic justice, if you will

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
Wait so someone is selling autographed pictures of a hit where the guy is lying on the ice concussed and people are defending it? This board may have just hit an all time low.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Wait so someone is selling autographed pictures of a hit where the guy is lying on the ice concussed and people are defending it? This board may have just hit an all time low.

This board has how many members? And exactly how many are defending to warrant labeling the whole board hitting an all time low?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad