No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

Discussion in 'National Hockey League Talk' started by Foppberg, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Jbwest31

Jbwest31 Registered User

Does Reaves get suspended for this?

2. Damien Dahrk

Damien Dahrk *Darhk

3. Belieber

Belieber The Nuge is huge

I find it hilarious that Caps fans are so upset and saying “if it were Wilson that made the hit everyone would be up in arms” well no kidding, he’s done this how many times? Nobody can tell me a guy that hits to kill, hits dirty, targets the head, and blindsides guys like he does doesn’t deserve a taste of his own medicine. Nobody in the league deserves it more.

4. g00n

g00n RIP Fugu

When did Wilson stalk a guy all game long while telling him he was going to get him, and then specifically target that player repeatedly with late/high/illegal hits with intent to injure, while laughing about it on the ice and signing autographed pictures afterward?

Name one time.

5. Herregud

Herregud Registered User

Retail Manager
    At this point, it's shifted from the hit to the reaction to the hit.

Capitals fans, while split between defending Wilson and condemning him, have never as mob, celebrated any injury Wilson has caused. Nor has Wilson ever signed an autograph on a picture of someone he's injured (if he had, we'd definitely have known about it).

Who cares what you think who deserves? It's the disgusting level of hypocrisy and disregard for safety that so-called supporters of safety have been throwing around every single time Wilson makes any sort of contact, injury causing or not, that's the real topic here now. Especially when you're supporting a guy like Reaves in the process.

No one deserves to be concussed. Not Wilson, not the people Wilson's concussed. No one.

6. Mr Jiggyfly

Mr Jiggyfly Registered User

Wilson is a predator, but he’s not the lion, just like Reaves said.

The less time Wilson spends on the ice cheapshotting others, the better. If that’s because of suspension or him getting laid out and concussed, it’s a good thing for the other players. Sadly, that’s who Wilson has chosen to become, a guy the rest of the league is better off with when he’s not playing.

Few people who aren’t Caps fans will ever feel sorry for poor too big, too strong Tom Wilson. Too bad his superpowers couldn’t help him from getting punked by Reaves.

Lesky, Syrinx, strandvag and 3 others like this.
  7. Herregud

Herregud Registered User

Retail Manager
    There's a difference between not feeling bad and celebrating a concussion. Reaves is every bit as bad as Wilson and maybe worse, but you're not overly concerned with that because DoPS didn't hold your hand and tell you that he's a villain.

8. Syrinx

Syrinx Scan It...

Software Development
    Claiming he had reformed himself (when he had kept his nose clean for an extended period) is not the same as defending dirty hits.

9. g00n

g00n RIP Fugu

TW was at a significant disadvantage due to being under the DOPS microscope and was trying to play hockey, like all you complaining haters have whined about for years, not engage in a macho measuring contest with a plugger who's one bad game away from the press box.

TW is a legit RW1 with a Cup. Reaves is a chunk of meat on skates who fantasizes about being a jungle cat, and will likely be crying in his beer in a year or two.

I would not gloat if I were you.

10. BurntToast

BurntToast Registered User

It’s all fun and games until someone is bigger then you. Most teams don’t carry or have an enforcer any longer. Wilson is a good player who plays in the grey. Unfortunately many players aren’t built to handle that style and teams have little answers for it. Some teams have a Reaves type play and all of a sudden Wilson is a sweet newborn baby just trying to play hockey. Reaves can get a fine for the autograph, everything else is gravy.

ChanceVegas likes this.
  11. Mr Jiggyfly

I’ve watched Reaves play for years and Wilson, and it’s comical to suggest they are even in the same universe. Wilson is a ******* and a predator. I knew that long before the DOPS finally decided to hold him accountable for being the biggest cheapshot artist in the league.

It’s pretty comical watching the same posters defend Wilson for so many dirty hits, now cry about how their big tough guy just got absolutely bullied.

12. Mr Jiggyfly

Reaves bullied Wilson, no amount of delusion you can drum up will ever change that.

Too big and too strong Tom Wilson got owned, pure and simple.

13. g00n

g00n RIP Fugu

Keep telling yourself that. What do you think would've happened to Wilson with the refs and DOPS if he'd been running around hunting and hitting Reaves off the puck in the first period? Or if he'd delivered that check in the 2nd?

You know the answer. Be honest.

14. ziggyjoe212

ziggyjoe212 Registered User

All NHL fans hate Wilson because he hits to injure and causes an absurd amount of injuries. Clearly suspensions don't mean anything to him so perhaps he'll learn from someone pulling a "wilson" on him. So yes, he absolutely does deserve a taste of his own medicine.

**** that guy.

strandvag likes this.
  15. Pengwins

Pengwins Registered User

if you watch the angle from behind Reaves, it looks like Wilson sees him coming and turns his head away hoping to go into his "safe space". Wilson is a coward

16. ziggyjoe212

People like you is what gives Caps fans a bad rep.

You applaud every time Wilson throws a predatory hit and defend him after every suspension. Yet when someone pulls a "wilson" on Wilson you cry bloody murder.

Lesky and strandvag like this.
  17. third man in

third man in Registered User

I will say its sad when Pens fans have to live vicariously through another teams enforcer. You traded a first for him and then quickly dumped him off. Sounds like you miss him already.

18. Mr Jiggyfly

Hard to accept your boy is faux tough. Like he’s smart enough to think more than three seconds ahead, good one.

He got owned, and the players are better off for it as long as he’s off the ice.

19. ziggyjoe212

This is true. I wish we still had Reaves and I wish he had the same freedom here as he does in Vegas. We certainly could use a guy to ragdoll wilson every time he does something dirty.

20. Mr Jiggyfly

I was a Reaves fan long before he became a Pen and remain one.

What’s actually sad is Wilson made himself into this type of player.

BillPrep likes this.
  21. Syrinx

Syrinx Scan It...

Software Development
    "ultimately proven wrong" - Because the Caps said that he was laughing about something else? I've got a bridge I can sell you.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots, Lesky and BillPrep like this.
  22. third man in

third man in Registered User

I don't even care so much about the hit. It wasn't a headshot. If Wilsons helmet doesnt fly off its no big deal. The comment after the game and especially the signed photo though was incredibly classless.

23. strandvag

strandvag Registered User

Mountebank
    He atleast didnt target the head like Wilson does all the time. It was a massive hit. Didnt think it was all that dirty. But if Wilson cant take being a target. Maybe he should stop playing like a **** head.

Lesky likes this.
  24. HFBCommenter

HFBCommenter Rick Ro$$

Broadcasting Personality
    Why is Reaves signing pictures of an injured Tom Wilson and gloatin' about it? Seems classless.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  25. eco's bones

eco's bones Registered User

Wilson put himself in the crosshairs of the DOPS scope---he's got no one else to blame for that.

Reaves--like it or not is a legit NHL player--a 4th liner mind you but for real. Wilson is a much better player but his numbers absolutely are skewed by the players he shares ice time with.

Wilson is bigger and stronger and a more physical player than about 99% of the players in the league and he's had that penchant for hitting high and with predation. He seems to enjoy being the biggest, meanest player in most of the games he plays. Reaves is one of the very few players in the league who is stronger and he's also a better fighter.

Reaves stalked him--alright, that's probably true. Back in the day if a player was running around beating up on the teammates of Probert, Kocur, Domi etc. (just to name a few) they'd be stalking that guy too. As in Kocur saying to Dalgarno--'You're dead' and meaning it or Darren McCarthy going after Claude Lemieux. So the way a lot of non-Capitals fans look at that hit is living and dying by the sword. Am I sorry he's concussed? Not particularly....and the reason I feel that way is I consider Wilson to be a very dangerous player when my team is playing his team and not because of the goals or assists he might get. If there were a Matt Cooke trophy he would have won it a couple/three times already. When you're continually trying to knock players into next week then sooner or later you're going to pay the piper. So don't cry about it when it does happen--it's not a good look.

One other thing the hit wasn't high and it was barely late and Wilson should strap his helmet on better especially when he's tangling with lions.