Post-Game Talk: No sugar coating it we are bad, Jets lose 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Someone tho needs to send CSW back to shoot the damn puck and stop trying to be pretty every time school. Goalie pulled down by 2. 1 min 30 ish left.... 55 looks for the perfect pass instead of shooting. Down by FN 2.

As much as they usually like to overpass they did have 12 shots on target tonight which is pretty darn good. They can look for better looks if they keep that level of volume up.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Every team the Jets play and we can't do anything about it

LGWR.gif

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Its what happens when you tighten things up to too much of an extent like Moe has with us. How can we establish a cycle when our go to play is to chip and half ass chase the puck.... Just stupid scared and quite frankly cowardly hockey that our coach has this team playing.

Believe in your skill Moe or move aside for someone who does, his actions make me believe he has no confidence in his team.

maybe he doesnt have any confidence in himself....lookat his player usage...it is to me a projection of his personality....i am sure he is not a brave person/personality, too invested on old methodology of the game as opposed to new systems/practices...his line usage makes me think pomo is someone who is a very destructive individual, not one to foster growth and confidence in young players...laine, roso, heinola, etc

Reactions: JetsUK and Mbraunm

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Team is still too complacent, not enough second effort or edge, just way too soft for playoff hockey.

True -
This is the part that they can actually easy change with a little hard work, if they want to - hope that's the plan for the PO's

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
maybe he doesnt have any confidence in himself....lookat his player usage...it is to me a projection of his personality....i am sure he is not a brave person/personality, too invested on old methodology of the game as opposed to new systems/practices...his line usage makes me think pomo is someone who is a very destructive individual, not one to foster growth and confidence in young players...laine, roso, heinola, etc
Coaches prefer vets because they make fewer mistakes.
Having said that, Maurice continued to play Boolow and continues to play Forbort after watching their putrid games night after night.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
As much as they usually like to overpass they did have 12 shots on target tonight which is pretty darn good. They can look for better looks if they keep that level of volume up.

It's the best game the line has played since I can remember - there's more to it than counting goals.
They had their chances - but they're fighting it - it's hard to watch because you know it's all about confidence and relying on your skill and not your frayed nerves

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I don't know if this is fair, by all accounts he is a very good person that has helped a lot of players out with off ice issues. He's also helped integrate a lot of talented kids over the years and helped instill a professional level fitness and conditioning and practice standards. I think he only has a few systems and methods that are better suited for a certain type of roster. I think he is out of his depth and way out of his comfort zone coaching such a skilled team that likes to make risky plays to create offense. He no longer has an elite defense as a safety net so imo he is overcompensating by putting in restrictions to limit the risk to a level that is tolerable to him as a person.

I think he is a good coach for a fast and heavy team but doesn't understand the nuances of puck possession hockey that requires excellent puck support and attacking as 5 man units in the offensive end which is the direction Chevy is moving the team more and more towards with his recent draft picks and current mid to young 20's core.

Reactions: TheHead and Mbraunm

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Oh look Porky's the Next Day is on...

Starring Nils Hoglander...

"He's like a forest ranger... runs around in the Woods"...

Rc4bcc35d8f223f66ad2695ba744f6981

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad