Post-Game Talk: No sugar coating it we are bad, Jets lose 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
i have said as a coach he is not intelligent and all u need to do is look at ur posts in this thread seem to confirm that

You said he was a destructive person, that is all I was commenting on. I don't disagree with your points on his coaching.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Coach post-game media availability:

Classic Maurice.

He's manufacturing excuses.... again...

We'll get players back in the lineup down the road... then things will be different
Really tough playing without the fans - even though 15 other teams seem to be able to generate emotion.

He's not going anywhere - I'd be surprised if Chevy doesn't get fired first.

Reactions: TheHead

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Money trumps everything and if the Jets lose out and don't make any changes, how much confidence do you think that gives fans that the team will be worth spending a lot of money on coming out of a pandemic when most of the population will be in a worse financial position. I think the org is very cognizant of the fact that they will likely need to put a good product on the ice to get butts in the seat until the economy recovers.
I agree money trumps winning (because that’s what I said).

But do you actually think that when fans are allowed in the building there will be any empty available seats no matter how good or bad the on ice product is?

The pent up desire just to get out to a Jets game will mean big ticket demand. And the season wait list still exists.

I don’t think empty seats will be an issue for years.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree money trumps winning (because that’s what I said).

But do you actually think that when fans are allowed in the building there will be any empty available seats no matter how good or bad the on ice product is?

The pent up desire just to get out to a Jets game will mean big ticket demand. And the season wait list still exists.

I don’t think empty seats will be an issue for years.

We shall see. My expectation is that given what we have and what we have in the system we should be able to ice a quality team if Chevy can go out and pick up one more top 4 dmen in the offseason.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
You said he was a destructive person, that is all I was commenting on. I don't disagree with your points on his coaching.

as a coach he also destructive with the player usage.....handling of the youth...bias towards the vets...

and remarkable all the teams u said he would do well as a coach are all teams he has lost to in t he playoffs and this season , the latter part

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
In 19-20 I had very little if any fun at the rink watching whatever you wanted to call that product on the ice.

Its not that complicated, put an exciting team that plays to its strengths on the ice and fans will pack the building. We have the talent to win while playing good hockey.

It was the fact that chevy refused to address our defense the last 2 seasons and iced that ahl defensive core that is infuriating.

Hellebuyck masked a lot of our awful play with vezina level goaltending last year.

The jets have been tough to watch for the last 2 seasons.
Many of our wins the goalies stole games for us.

It is time for change.

Reactions: Ggg99 and rkp

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Red1be94671576164890c10089f12bf05
I love that song. Don’t care for the game.

Reactions: John Agar

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
We shall see. My expectation is that given what we have and what we have in the system we should be able to ice a quality team if Chevy can go out and pick up one more top 4 dmen in the offseason.
I respectfully disagree with this. The coach must be changed before adding any new defencemen to the line up. Maurice’s deployment and archaic systems (if they can even be called systems) have caused a rot to this team for 2.5 years running.

Get rid of the rot prior to adding to it.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Yes was going to say that even if Maurice is not fired, the talent means they should be competitive in spite of coaching.

I’m all in favor of a coaching change this summer if only to get a new voice and shake up the old vet guard.

But just saying I think another year of Mo could be in the cards because of his contract, and relationships and dollars trumping winning for this regime.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I respectfully disagree with this. The coach must be changed before adding any new defencemen to the line up. Maurice’s deployment and archaic systems (if they can even be called systems) have caused a rot to this team for 2.5 years running.

Get rid of the rot prior to adding to it.
A coaching change has always been factored into my offseason plans. We need a new coach with a modern vision and we need another top 4 dmen.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It was the fact that chevy refused to address our defense the last 2 seasons and iced that ahl defensive core that is infuriating.

Hellebuyck masked a lot of our awful play with vezina level goaltending last year.

The jets have been tough to watch for the last 2 seasons.
Many of our wins the goalies stole games for us.

It is time for change.

Well it would t have been an AHL defense if Buff had played that year.

They could have done a lot of stuff different this past offseason.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
3-10-0 since Chevy worked his trade deadline magic. Wish he would get shown the door along with Maurice after the 4-5 game series loss to Oilers upcoming..... no chance though. There is still a tiny percentage chance Helle somehow steals the series and Paul keeps his job. But McDavid getting 3 points a game, I would say that chance is about 1%

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Team turned it on back half of the game but too little too late. This team always seems to play better when more freedom is allowed in their systems.

We saw much more in the way of 5 man unit attacks in the ozone and we saw some low to high cycling by our forwards which opened up good looks. That is really how this team needs to be playing to be successful imo.

Maurice has spent so much time trying to low event and restrict this team due to our defense but he's killed our offense to get it. This team isn't built to win 1 nothing games and that is how we are trying to play until we trail.

Had we actually spent time working on 5 man unit offensive schemes and multiple types of cycling options this team would likely be able to offset our defense by spending a good amount of time controlling the puck in the ozone.

I just have no faith in this coach and how he is trying to get this team to play heading into the playoffs. It just doesn't work for this group, they look disinterested and unsure of what they should be doing. The moment some offensive freedom and is allowed the team loosens up and looks a heck of a lot more engaged and better.

Wake up Maurice, you do not have a defensive minded team, you have an offensive minded team that wants to play skilled hockey. You can do that within the confines of a solid system.

Now that the rant is over I liked Dubois's game a lot tonight. He was looking like the player we were expecting. Though on the puck and really started showing his hands. He was very good at holding it up and making plays with it. He should have had multiple points tonight.

Scheifele and Conner got a lot of their MOJO back but I feel Wheeler is a step behind on that line now and hurts them in the dzone with his inability to get it out or win races.

I nominate this for post of the year.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
3-10-0 since Chevy worked his trade deadline magic. Wish he would get shown the door along with Maurice after the 4-5 game series loss to Oilers upcoming..... no chance though. There is still a tiny percentage chance Helle somehow steals the series and Paul keeps his job. But McDavid getting 3 points a game, I would say that chance is about 1%
We will play the Leafs.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
We need someone to be fired here... crazy.

why does Maurice keep playing Scheifele, Connor, Wheeler 23-24 mins a night? You think those guys don’t know if they’re down in a game they get the lions share or the ice?? Yeesh. How often do you reward a losing group?

PLD plays 13 mins and Shitfele plays 25... good job Maurice

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
So what's the deal: do we actually suck or have we been getting a bit unlucky during this skid? I can't remember the last time this club couldn't score. For all of their issues they can usually put 3 pucks in the net once in 10 games for crying out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad