Post-Game Talk: No sugar coating it we are bad, Jets lose 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Is it possible to lose a playoff series in less than 4 games? Asking for a friend.

Our talent is obvious, but it's clear there is no chemistry or cohesion between our players. We're too busy dicking around to put together scoring drives, and give up goals the moment we make a mistake.

gif-los-simpsons-futbol-3.gif

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
They are asking for season ticket renewals right now.

Change better be coming because even hardcore jets fans have lost hope.
Ask for heavy coins as pay and make good use of "throwing your $$ away" ( maybe at someone in the organizations head, but I didn't suggest this, oh no):sarcasm:

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I like your comment “dicking around”…
So much skill on display without positioning and coaching strategies..
Kind of like Jets play in & out of their zone & neutral zone, dicking around with the "hot-potato".
Dicking around is for the classroom, doing laundry & at the shopping mall.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
[QUOTE="HPsauce, post: 177909670, member: 124509"

PLD plays 13 mins and Shitfele plays 25... good job Maurice[/QUOTE]

You're off a bit on your times but Scheif played about 10 more minutes than PLD.
We were down most of the game so I have no problem with Scheif getting lots of ice time.
Scheifele has 7 points out of the 17 goals scored in the last 10 games.
I'm not saying PLD shouldn't have gotten more ice time but he has scored 1 point (an assist) in the last 10 games and hasn't scored since April 5th.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I really don’t know what this team has to do to start to score some goals. The amount of great chances in this game is mind boggling. At some point the puck luck is bound to go our way. How many times can we get burned on mistakes while the other teams get away with it? Gotta think we’re owed a few.

Reactions: Jet and Dirtbag151

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Its what happens when you tighten things up to too much of an extent like Moe has with us. How can we establish a cycle when our go to play is to chip and half ass chase the puck.... Just stupid scared and quite frankly cowardly hockey that our coach has this team playing.

Believe in your skill Moe or move aside for someone who does, his actions make me believe he has no confidence in his team.

I think as what you have been saying Maurice tends to overshoot things.
Like if there is a weakness on his team, he tries to be smart and "try" to mitigate or fix it but he sacrifices the strength in a way that the strength becomes non factor anymore.

Not saying its all the issue, there are other issues also.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Playoff match up

For the record i would like to play the leafs first also.

Probably because we have a feeling that they would collapse like usual T.O. team.

But if we put the line up card on paper and look at it.
Jets are better team except Oilers have the best player in the league.

If coach can somehow not play CSW vs. MC D line, there might be hope.
If best on best?

Would
Copp Schiefele Ehlers vs. MC d? Line fair better?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Playoff match up

For the record i would like to play the leafs first also.

Probably because we have a feeling that they would collapse like usual T.O. team.

But if we put the line up card on paper and look at it.
Jets are better team except Oilers have the best player in the league.

If coach can somehow not play CSW vs. MC D line, there might be hope.
If best on best?

Would
Copp Schiefele Ehlers vs. MC d? Line fair better?
I'd play Copper Lowry Apples against the McDavid line.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
How low do I have to look?:laugh:
uI7S0uX.gif

:laugh: There is a handy solution. Its 6 am, and 3*C. Go to the fridge, get some ice. Mix yourself a 2 litre jug of ice water (a glass is optional). Then, sneak outside wearing naught but your gitch (neighbours are still asleep so the gendarmes needn't be called) and sit under the pergola for 30 min. Take care not to lock yourself out, as this will involve waking members of the immediate family. :eek: Occasionally take a pull of water, and after 15 min, drench your lower thorax with the remnant. Wait another 5 minutes, while entertaining yourself by trying to recall a good sonnet or perhaps attempting to decode crow communication patterns (those f***ers are intelligent). Et voila, the target items *should be* localized in a conveniently located tightly contracted bag proximal to the medial lower abdominal appendage*.

HTH,
k

* despite the overt novelty in the experimental design, do not share this information with spouse, trust me on this

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Outplaying the Canucks and losing. I think we’re 7-3 in the moral victories dept over the last 10.

I mean at least we have that going for us.

Reactions: surixon

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
So what's the deal: do we actually suck or have we been getting a bit unlucky during this skid? I can't remember the last time this club couldn't score. For all of their issues they can usually put 3 pucks in the net once in 10 games for crying out loud.

'A bit unlucky' is losing a couple close games in a row. Not going 1-9 in your last 10 and looking like hot garbage in probably at least 7 of those.

What I don't get is how a team that looked pretty damn good and was just a few points out of first place two months ago has fallen this far. It's like a totally different unit that looks disengaged and disinterested. There has to be a lot more to the story than Maurice being too conservative on the forecheck or whatever.

It's disappointing because early on in this season it looked like the Jets found a fix for what ailed them in 18/19 and 19/20. But time has shown that the situation has only gotten worse.

This season has been an embarrassment.

Leadership and coaching has been an embarrassment.

It is inevitable that the playoffs will also be an embarrassment.

Based on current trends, there is no reason to believe that the playoffs won't just be four humiliating blowout losses in a row. I mean, would anyone bet a dime on this club without some very generous odds?

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Jets have somehow converted what looked like a pretty good season (challenging for first, a month ago)......into a total debacle (1-9)
We currently look bad in so many different aspects of the game, that not even copious amounts of satire, can really help.
But, win some playoff games....and everyone would forgive and forget.

Not sure what I am now clinging to, harder......that.........or the bottle.

Reactions: John Agar

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hard to produce when the game plan is to launch long range shots from the point with a forward core that doesn't seem to like to stand infront of the net to screen or tip pucks.
Not everything is coaching. The Jets have managed to produce offense quite well with this coach and we also had one of the best producing d corps in the league with this coaching.

The problem is talent level and ability. Morrissey can't hit the net with any regularity but he's not the only one. Shot selection and movement is awful. You can't just stand stationary at the point and expect to find lanes to the net.

Outside pionk and hopefully Heinola we just don't have the imagination and creativity to generate chances. Watching Hughes last night really underlined that. He often made something out of nothing, and used movement to open things up instead of throwing it down the wall or at the net.

This forum is practically unreadable with all of the Maurice talk even when we were fighting for first and now with the slump its even worse.

I'm all for a coaching change too. I'm fine with talking any coaching strategies, and agreement or disagreement, player usage etc. However, every second post is some exclamation about how terrible Maurice is. Things that have nothing to do with coaching become coaching. It doesn't add anything to interesting conversation, it just magnifies a vapid echo chamber.

Reactions: Ggg99 and Jimby

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jets have somehow converted what looked like a pretty good season (challenging for first, a month ago)......into a total debacle (1-9)
We currently look bad in so many different aspects of the game, that not even copious amounts of satire, can really help.
But, win some playoff games....and everyone would forgive and forget.

Not sure what I am now clinging to, harder......that.........or the bottle.

You'll need a new bottle for tonight...

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
The entire team is now playing with the level of enthusiasm of Scheifele and Wheeler in the defensive zone. No one seems to be able to make a good pass consistently anymore. I miss Nik...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad