Winnipeg
Me, sitting here, waiting for the Jets to do some winning.:laugh:
YAM2jyw.gif

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Not a lot to add that hasn’t already been said. I keep waiting for the Boys to right the ship and get back to playing like they were in March. But they really aren’t showing real signs of improvement, unfortunately.

Hope is what we have left..... and humour

This one reminded me of @Eyeseeing ‘s thought to Drunk text @John Agar in the GDT
E3667BA8-B7BC-4B30-96A6-F69A771B23E6.png

0FABD6AE-38D6-483A-89B5-F59AC3138AA9.png

0386159B-224E-4399-80C5-1196C84338E8.png
34583F2B-1575-4DE5-B2F9-24D609FF6064.png
429FC936-64DF-4EE0-9A2B-379624CEA17A.png
204AB6F1-8B23-453A-846C-F244F2A5DC9E.png

EFE4E020-D758-4F40-9FAB-50B2425BC31A.png
A4B96676-EC3C-4C37-A985-281543D2DF80.png

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Even Strength. Josh 3 g 9 a. Derek 2 g 9 a. Keep blaming all of the offense woe on guys like Forbort, Poolman, and even Stanley. It's not what they're in the lineup for. But Josh on the other hand.... I believe it's unfair to put offensive responsibilities or blame at the feet of D. But when most of you guys do, you'd swear that Morrissey has 100 points and guys like Forbort have 2.
Nobody is expecting Forbort to produce like Bobby Orr.
He was brought here to defend though and he is shit at defending, passing out of his end and overall very poor with the puck and doesn't deserve to be a starter in the NHL.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
The GM tried to address the issue at the start of the season by getting a 1A centre however, he forgot that this team has one of the worst defences in the league and it is now biting the team in the ass.

Reactions: sipowicz

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
On that 3rd goal do you think Demelo considered keeping himself between Hoglander and our net, or is head down poking at a bouncing puck the pro move there?

Reactions: efhank

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Not a lot to add that hasn’t already been said. I keep waiting for the Boys to right the ship and get back to playing like they were in March. But they really aren’t showing real signs of improvement, unfortunately.

Hope is what we have left..... and humour

This one reminded me of @Eyeseeing ‘s thought to Drunk text @John Agar in the GDT
View attachment 432497

View attachment 432500

View attachment 432501 View attachment 432502 View attachment 432503 View attachment 432505

View attachment 432504
Johnny Agar never returns my 127 messages
I will not be ignored Johnny Agar

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
What do you do when nothing goes your way, that's what position the Jets find themselves at the wrong time of the year, more and more it looks like the season was teetering with Helle stabilizing us but he has also fallen back and this team has gone off the cliff
When cracks were showing in 2018-19 - especially our home ice performance, how did we fix them... just use those same coaching strategies... no prob.

Reactions: TheHead and Mbraunm

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
The GM tried to address the issue at the start of the season by getting a 1A centre however, he forgot that this team has one of the worst defences in the league and it is now biting the team in the ass.
Did I miss a trade? We did not add a 1A centre to this team …. PLD is Lowry without the strong defense

Reactions: TheHead

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I don't have an issue with instilling better defense either but you don't do it to such an extent and put in so many restrictions that it destroys another area of your game which is what has happened here.

Playing good/skilled offensive doesn't mean you have to give up defense to get it. There seems to be some misconception on our coaching staff that we need to trade defense for offense. That to me isn't the case. A good offense with plenty of zone time might be the best defense for this team with our defense. Less time in our end would help this team a lot.

The team also gets into trouble a lot on turnovers on breakouts and through the nz. Spending more time on puck management and proper player support and we cut those chances out and move the puck more quickly on the attack.

Instead we get more M2M, and our players backing out early into the nz, incorporating a real soft and conservative 1-2-2 forecheck so that very rarely get in quick enough to contest the puck on dump ins and essentially allow the team to break out uncontested because Maurice doesn't want to risk odd man rushes. Our players offer poor puck support in our dzone which forces a lot of plays up the wall which in turn forces a bunch of chip outs and turnovers for the other team. If we played the system with the freedom Vincent allows for the Moose then I wouldn't have any issues but we don't.

basically pomo hasnt evolved as a head coach

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I don't have an issue with instilling better defense either but you don't do it to such an extent and put in so many restrictions that it destroys another area of your game which is what has happened here.

Playing good/skilled offensive doesn't mean you have to give up defense to get it. There seems to be some misconception on our coaching staff that we need to trade defense for offense. That to me isn't the case. A good offense with plenty of zone time might be the best defense for this team with our defense. Less time in our end would help this team a lot.

The team also gets into trouble a lot on turnovers on breakouts and through the nz. Spending more time on puck management and proper player support and we cut those chances out and move the puck more quickly on the attack.

Instead we get more M2M, and our players backing out early into the nz, incorporating a real soft and conservative 1-2-2 forecheck so that very rarely get in quick enough to contest the puck on dump ins and essentially allow the team to break out uncontested because Maurice doesn't want to risk odd man rushes.
What I meant was...they should have been trying to improve their D LONG ago, not with 5 or so games to go.
Also, how many times do they have a 3 on 2 and they dump the puck???
Fackin insane man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad