Post-Game Talk: No sugar coating it we are bad, Jets lose 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
What do you do when nothing goes your way, that's what position the Jets find themselves at the wrong time of the year, more and more it looks like the season was teetering with Helle stabilizing us but he has also fallen back and this team has gone off the cliff

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Dude, we're 75% vaccinated in the Yukon and they just announced that masks will be here for another year or more.

Follow the science...

R625334a1ad71a67333fe7011712a6e5e

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What do you do when nothing goes your way, that's what position the Jets find themselves at the wrong time of the year, more and more it looks like the season was teetering with Helle stabilizing us but he has also fallen back and this team has gone off the cliff
It isn't Helle's fault that we have scored just 17 goals in the last 10 games.
This team needs to start scoring.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

It's a process -
First, you just suck
Second, you suck but you are at least getting chances but they don't go in
And third, they all start going in -

We are entering stage three -

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Is it just me or can the Jets not raise the puck off the ice?

I think I've counted 15 high danger scoring chances over the past few games all thwarted because the Jets shot the puck like it was 1985 and thought they were playing stand up goaltenders wearing 60 pounds of wet leather.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
You sure about that? We had talented teams w/ a much better D in 2018 and 2019 and yet we laid the biggest eggs to both Vegas and St. Louis due to our incompetent coaching and just general shit style of play. Now we're entering this postseason drowning. This upcoming playoff series is going to be hideous.
Ya I am.

With Helly and the forward talent they will compete. Question is how hard. But no denying they can make noise if their heads are in the right place. Again I say pride takes over and playoffs get the juices flowing in spite of coaching.

For now that’s my 2 thumb iPhone response.

Reactions: TheHead and Mbraunm

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The Jets right now are like my golf game.
You want to get better but f*** me you are doomed
Practice whatever it is lol

Reactions: John Agar

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I liked the Jets game tonight, lots of encouraging signs. We just had zero luck and demko was very good.

Top line played like it tonight.

Our d really generates very little offense, that's got to change.

That's a game they can build on.

Ok everyone back to the whining and drama...
Even Strength. Josh 3 g 9 a. Derek 2 g 9 a. Keep blaming all of the offense woe on guys like Forbort, Poolman, and even Stanley. It's not what they're in the lineup for. But Josh on the other hand.... I believe it's unfair to put offensive responsibilities or blame at the feet of D. But when most of you guys do, you'd swear that Morrissey has 100 points and guys like Forbort have 2.

Reactions: TheHead

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Is it just me or can the Jets not raise the puck off the ice?

I think I've counted 15 high danger scoring chances over the past few games all thwarted because the Jets shot the puck like it was 1985 and thought they were playing stand up goaltenders wearing 60 pounds of wet leather.

Stick squeezers

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Button is right. Predictable offense. As soon as the Jets enter the zone even a schmuck like me can predict what's going to happen. Forward will drop it off to a trailer who will pass it to a offensively-challenged d-man up high for a low percentage long shot that will probably not hit the net. That is if that cross-ice pass doesn't get picked off for an odd-man rush going the other way. Rinse and repeat for 60 minutes.

Lot of the Jets shots were perimeter. Don't get me wrong Demko played great but imho many of the 40 were of the low-danger variety.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
CSW played well and Wheeler needs to sit now. Same with Stastny.

Call up perfetti and Gus.

Harkins Scheif Connor. Just try it.
Perfetti Dubois. Vesalainen.
Copp Lowry Appleton
Perreault Gus Lewis.

Get the younger fresher legs some ice and rest the overplayed older guys.

I'd consider resting scheif too tho. Gonna have some time off so now's the time. Changing Copp and stastny don't matter.

Super ultra duper blender extreme 2021 for final games

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I have no problem with trying to get the team to play better D
I have a problem with trying to get the team to play better D at this stage of the season.
I agree with Wheeler. Put him on a line with Lowry and Stastny if you aren't going to play Stastny at center.
Why isn't Stastny playing center?

I don't have an issue with instilling better defense either but you don't do it to such an extent and put in so many restrictions that it destroys another area of your game which is what has happened here.

Playing good/skilled offensive doesn't mean you have to give up defense to get it. There seems to be some misconception on our coaching staff that we need to trade defense for offense. That to me isn't the case. A good offense with plenty of zone time might be the best defense for this team with our defense. Less time in our end would help this team a lot.

The team also gets into trouble a lot on turnovers on breakouts and through the nz. Spending more time on puck management and proper player support and we cut those chances out and move the puck more quickly on the attack.

Instead we get more M2M, and our players backing out early into the nz, incorporating a real soft and conservative 1-2-2 forecheck so that very rarely get in quick enough to contest the puck on dump ins and essentially allow the team to break out uncontested because Maurice doesn't want to risk odd man rushes. Our players offer poor puck support in our dzone which forces a lot of plays up the wall which in turn forces a bunch of chip outs and turnovers for the other team. If we played the system with the freedom Vincent allows for the Moose then I wouldn't have any issues but we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia