Not open for further replies.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Wow, Button looks unbuttoned!
upload_2021-5-10_21-45-3.jpeg

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I still check in but really just wish the season was over (only 4 more games).

Players, staff and management should return their salaries for the past month. Total no show. I am embarrassed to wear Jets gear in public right now.

FFS. What a shi*** Spring for sports. Cant even watch the Bombers.

I really enjoyed the Moose game yesterday... hah

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Well now, what to say? Here we are:

4 Dostoevsky guys... Fyodor has purchased a flat near the Starbucks on Taylor so he can grab a double latte and suck it back while riding to the game in the back of Mo's SUV.

dostoevsky-russian-miniseries-2010.jpg

Coelacanths?

Once abundant in the Red River*, their numbers were depleted in the great round up of '21, when fisher persons from Gimli rallied against the Manitoba government, and sailed southward down the Lake Winnipeg coast with scour nets, ruining the Coelacanth fishing (and unsung goal scorers) industry for much of April and May of that year (1). Despondent with the news, HF Boards fans rallied and organized a (fully masked and distanced) rally at the corner of Portage and Main, marching upon the Legislature. More than 6 Board members suffered boo-boos and had to miss the next of the back to back series (2).

1, Tales of Lake Winnipeg Coelacanth Tribal Warfare: Betwixt God and State. by, Old Fellow in the Corner sucking on a 50, Cambridge Hotel, Pembina Highway. Penguin Press, New York NY, 2021

2. Memoirs of a Bumbling Anthracite-chewing Visigoth: The Dark Years. I.M.C. Kanadalainen (ed.)
Crocus Press, Muddy Water edition 1, 2022. pp. 36- 43. Chugalug Press, Plum Coulee, MB

* a cure for what ails you

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Team turned it on back half of the game but too little too late. This team always seems to play better when more freedom is allowed in their systems.

We saw much more in the way of 5 man unit attacks in the ozone and we saw some low to high cycling by our forwards which opened up good looks. That is really how this team needs to be playing to be successful imo.

Maurice has spent so much time trying to low event and restrict this team due to our defense but he's killed our offense to get it. This team isn't built to win 1 nothing games and that is how we are trying to play until we trail.

Had we actually spent time working on 5 man unit offensive schemes and multiple types of cycling options this team would likely be able to offset our defense by spending a good amount of time controlling the puck in the ozone.

I just have no faith in this coach and how he is trying to get this team to play heading into the playoffs. It just doesn't work for this group, they look disinterested and unsure of what they should be doing. The moment some offensive freedom and is allowed the team loosens up and looks a heck of a lot more engaged and better.

Wake up Maurice, you do not have a defensive minded team, you have an offensive minded team that wants to play skilled hockey. You can do that within the confines of a solid system.

Now that the rant is over I liked Dubois's game a lot tonight. He was looking like the player we were expecting. Though on the puck and really started showing his hands. He was very good at holding it up and making plays with it. He should have had multiple points tonight.

Scheifele and Conner got a lot of their MOJO back but I feel Wheeler is a step behind on that line now and hurts them in the dzone with his inability to get it out or win races.
I have no problem with trying to get the team to play better D
I have a problem with trying to get the team to play better D at this stage of the season.
I agree with Wheeler. Put him on a line with Lowry and Stastny if you aren't going to play Stastny at center.
Why isn't Stastny playing center?

Reactions: TheHead and rkp

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Tonight sucked. This whole stretch sucked.

But I still think they will turn up the intensity level for the playoffs.

And hopefully Ehlers is back, Mo gets his head out of his arse and plays Heinola and Stanley.

PLD has something to prove and Hellys game is fine.

The Jets can do damage in the playoffs. Too much talent for Maurice to screw it up.

Edit: Button doesn’t believe they can flip the switch. Forget what I said.

You sure about that? We had talented teams w/ a much better D in 2018 and 2019 and yet we laid the biggest eggs to both Vegas and St. Louis due to our incompetent coaching and just general shit style of play. Now we're entering this postseason drowning. This upcoming playoff series is going to be hideous.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I really liked what I saw from PLD tonight, as he looked very dominant out there, and controlled a lot of the play when he was on the ice. He's going to be a great player for the Jets. Getting better every game, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs, and next season.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
You have to think some of these would go in -
Get the bad mojo out of your system now -
Who knows - this might work out if the tide turns at the right time -
Let the flood gates open come playoffs - that's all you can hope for at this point
As the Ozark Mountain D's once said - I'll shine when it shines.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad