bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1/5 re runs tonight hey Kyle scored

BrdZFh.gif

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Tonight sucked. This whole stretch sucked.

But I still think they will turn up the intensity level for the playoffs.

And hopefully Ehlers is back, Mo gets his head out of his arse and plays Heinola and Stanley.

PLD has something to prove and Hellys game is fine.

The Jets can do damage in the playoffs. Too much talent for Maurice to screw it up.

Edit: Button doesn’t believe they can flip the switch. Forget what I said.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Only half paid attention as I only have as much interest as the players do apparently.
I still check in but really just wish the season was over (only 4 more games).

Players, staff and management should return their salaries for the past month. Total no show. I am embarrassed to wear Jets gear in public right now.

FFS. What a shi*** Spring for sports. Cant even watch the Bombers.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets getting good at losing!

Hey Mo Morrissey only 25 minutes, should have played him more to really burn him out for the playoff sweep!

Jets are a bottom 5 NHL team without Helly!

The team and Mo and coaching staff really exposed!

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Things we learned tonight.

When we let the opposition get 40 shots from the perimeter against us, its a 'win'. When we generate 40 shots from the perimeter, it is also a 'win'.

We cannot let Maurice destroy Stanley and Heinola. Morrissey may be too late.

Forbort is not 'gassed', he just sucks like he sucked in Calgary. Weird.

Scheif and Connor are so dreamy. They should collect their own hockey cards.

Copp-PLD-Perrault tried. PLD does have a real tendency to 'watch' but he has flashes.

Lowry is a faceoff machine.

The Jets play shinny. Shinny is super fun and really neat when you can get a tic tac toe play.

Fourth line is great - but man Harkins is twice as fast as Thompson and Lewis.

CSW is the weak link on the team. Softest line in the league. We are finished.

This team needs a system.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Jets went 0 for 3 on the PP and Wheeler standing behind the net even when the puck is on the blueline...get the fack in front of the goalie or get the fack off the ice.
The 1PP needs changes...especially to personnel.

1PP
Pionk Ehlers Scheif PLD KC

2PP
JMo or Heinola, Wheeler Copper Stastny MP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Team turned it on back half of the game but too little too late. This team always seems to play better when more freedom is allowed in their systems.

We saw much more in the way of 5 man unit attacks in the ozone and we saw some low to high cycling by our forwards which opened up good looks. That is really how this team needs to be playing to be successful imo.

Maurice has spent so much time trying to low event and restrict this team due to our defense but he's killed our offense to get it. This team isn't built to win 1 nothing games and that is how we are trying to play until we trail.

Had we actually spent time working on 5 man unit offensive schemes and multiple types of cycling options this team would likely be able to offset our defense by spending a good amount of time controlling the puck in the ozone.

I just have no faith in this coach and how he is trying to get this team to play heading into the playoffs. It just doesn't work for this group, they look disinterested and unsure of what they should be doing. The moment some offensive freedom and is allowed the team loosens up and looks a heck of a lot more engaged and better.

Wake up Maurice, you do not have a defensive minded team, you have an offensive minded team that wants to play skilled hockey. You can do that within the confines of a solid system.

Now that the rant is over I liked Dubois's game a lot tonight. He was looking like the player we were expecting. Though on the puck and really started showing his hands. He was very good at holding it up and making plays with it. He should have had multiple points tonight.

Scheifele and Conner got a lot of their MOJO back but I feel Wheeler is a step behind on that line now and hurts them in the dzone with his inability to get it out or win races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad