Post-Game Talk: No double entendre today | Jets lose 3-1 to Lina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Really? He was getting outmuscled on the boards constantly, no awareness around him (in particular the one play where Clitsome pinched and Meech is at the far boards inside the zone being stupid and not backing up his partner), not in position ever...just does not do anything at NHL level IMO.

Kulda, Postma I don't care. I'm just tired of watching AHLers play at this level (same issue I had with Gagnon and Jaffray last year). These guys are not NHL players.

Heh, he's always getting his ass handed to him along the boards, but I didn't really notice it much today. He is though, without question, at the mercy of any 200+ lb forward who comes in with a bit of speed.

I wouldn't quite put him in Gagnon and Jaffray (*puke*) territory, I see him basically as Mark Flood last season. Ok #7/8 and nothing more, vs. the latter two who looked absolutely lost and out of place at the NHL level.

I'm pretty indifferent, honestly. I'll gladly eat crow if Kulda ends up being more effective, but I'm really seeing it as a wash right now.

seasontixholder*

So we kept hearing the Jets need to be .500 to make it into the playoffs. So how many now do they need to win to make it in?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I keep seeing this Meech hate out of you and its mind boggling. Can you point to one goal he caused this year? I can think of about 7 from Postma, and another 10 giveaways that Pavs or someone else bailed him out on. Meech plays a smart conservative game and has not been a liability whatsoever. He broke up a crucial 2 on 1 today. Seriously, you're the only guy I know who thinks Meech is a huge problem.

Yeah, I was at the game and Meech wasn't the problem. He seems pretty calm and composed in his own zone and doesn't handle the puck like a hand grenade (cough STU cough). Good defensive sense and a little bit of offensive sense. I'd rather see him on the point on the PP than Jokinen (but then again, the list of guys I'd like to see on the point instead of Jokinen is pretty long - I think Dancing Gabe is on there).

I was at the other end of the ice for that 3rd Carolina goal on Pavs but it looked pretty weak...one he should've had. The Jets didn't have a terrible start to the third, but after that goal, the wind was out of everyone's sails. I mean, the fans felt like they just got ****-punched...how do you think the players felt? Then Carolina plays prevent for the rest of the game and any chances the Jets generated were 5-hole attempts or right into Peters' logo. Meanwhile, Noel's bench management guarantees that our best players have nothing in the tank for the last 10 minutes of the game...

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Paul Postma is a human blooper reel - I don't want him anywhere near this team the rest of the way, barring injuries. Regardless, I really don't think the #6 or #7 defenseman is a problem with this team. Its forward depth.

Considering that Iginla and Morrow were traded for very little, I would really like to see Chevy add one of Pominville, Cammalleri, Ribeiro or Boyes. We can't expect to win many games with only 4 forwards who can score.

seasontixholder*

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Southeast/Winnipeg.html

Odds went down by 14% with the loss today. A win would have put the odds vastly in our favour to clinch 3rd.

Ya I read that as soon as I got home from the game. The only thing that seems to be in the Jets favor is the remaining teams the Canes have to play. 2 Boston, 2 Pitt, 1 Ottawa and 1 Montreal game.

The Jets have 2 Montreal and a Washington game. Why I say Washington is they seem to have the Jets number now.

Vapour Trails

Oct 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The main problem with the team is they can't score. Dismal PP.

Half of our forwards are absolutely no threat to score. We are relying on 6 players to score goals and two of them are defensemen.

Little's current scoring pace would net him 10 goals in a full season, and he plays on the first line of an NHL team? Ridiculous.

Jokinen, 11 points and a -17? And he's the PP QB? Somehow I think other coaches in the league must get a chuckle out of Noel. When it's clear something isn't working, he keep going back to the well.

Not to mention this team saves it's worst performances for a loud and enthusiastic home crowd.

And please don't blame the refs. The crowd chants "ref you suck" after a blatant knee by Burmistrov, hilarious! Then Wheeler takes a moronic cross check and berates the ref. Just don't do it you moron. Both Kane and Wheeler should shut up with the complaining and do something constructive. Neither is on pace to improve their statistics over last year.

Wellwood is in the twilight of his NHL career as far as I'm concerned. He'll be playing somewhere in Europe next season.

Last edited:

EhlersPLDConnor

Mar 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Ya I read that as soon as I got home from the game. The only thing that seems to be in the Jets favor is the remaining teams the Canes have to play. 2 Boston, 2 Pitt, 1 Ottawa and 1 Montreal game.

The Jets have 2 Montreal and a Washington game. Why I say Washington is they seem to have the Jets number now.

Montreal is 9-0-0 vs the SE division. Looks like we have another streak to bust! :sarcasm:

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
If this is the way they play in a basically must win playoff type game, then they are not legit!

Lux Aurumque*

Well, we completely blew it. Carolina has a bunch of injuries and is playing their AHL goalie.

Just pathetic.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The main problem with the team is they can't score. Dismal PP.

Half of our forwards are absolutely no threat to score. We are relying on 6 players to score goals and two of them are defensemen.

Little's current scoring pace would net him 10 goals in a full season, and he plays on the first line of an NHL team? Ridiculous.

Jokinen, 11 points and a -17? And he's the PP QB? Somehow I think other coaches in the league must get a chuckle out of Noel. When it's clear something isn't working, he keep going back to the well.

Not to mention this team saves it's worse performances for a loud and enthusiastic home crowd.

Little's point total would end up about right on par for what he's done in his career. Right at about 50 points. Problem is, he's the only one who could play that 1st line center for us. That's what it's extremely important that Schief develops properly, and to an extent Burmi. Little is not a #1 center. Would be a good 2nd line player, but he's not a top line player and right now he's all we got.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Little's point total would end up about right on par for what he's done in his career. Right at about 50 points. Problem is, he's the only one who could play that 1st line center for us. That's what it's extremely important that Schief develops properly, and to an extent Burmi. Little is not a #1 center. Would be a good 2nd line player, but he's not a top line player and right now he's all we got.

Agreed. Very few teams have "legit" first line players for all three positions. Usually they are like us. We have 3 legit first line players but two play the same position. Also, very very few teams have picture perfect depth from top to bottom.

Currently production-wise (and in order)

1st liners:
Ladd
Wheeler
Kane

2nd liners:
Little (top 10% of 2nd liners)

3rd liners:
Antropov
Burmistrov
Wellwood
Miettinen
Jokinen

Problem I have is we have the guys producing the least points (Miettinen and Jokinen) being given TOI over guys who are producing more (Antropov and Burmistrov).
Even worse I find is that Jokinen has done better with Wellwood and Kane has done better with Antropov and Burmistrov.

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I think after a loss like this, it's best to step away for a couple of hours. Yeah, this makes the Southeast a lot more interesting, and subsequently a little more difficult on us, it's just time for us to rise to the occasion. I thought we put in a decent effort today, despite the loss. We need to stop taking penalties when the momentum is heading our way. Other than that, Oh well, onto monday.

jetkarma*

All true, the Jets may have hit the net more than usual but there were only a handful of true scoring chances. This team is extremely weak at getting guys into good scoring position or making decent shots on goal, they just make it too easy for most goalies, even third stringers.:shakehead

Agreed , we don't shoot well , have only a few players that can really shoot and we pass terribly.

The lack of a creative , offense generating C is really evident imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
add caption:

1297396482730_ORIGINAL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad