Post-Game Talk: No double entendre today | Jets lose 3-1 to Lina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I don't disagree that forward depth is an issue, but what did you expect? The team was brought in from Atlanta and initially did not have much forward depth to begin with. This is just the second season of the Jets coming back. How can you expect a huge forward overhaul in that short span. The Jet's management plan on building through the draft. Doesn't that take time?

I understand the frustration but your post is just rant and no solution (maybe just stating the obvious). I apologize for grouping you in with the callers on 1290 and didn't mean to offend. It just sounded like you wanted to throw every Jet under the bus over one loss and my bad for assuming I guess. I honestly admit, I didn't follow the NHL until the Jets came back but I don't get what is wrong for being a new fan.

That's fair, apology accepted. I will stop with the pithy comments. Nothing wrong with being a new fan.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
Slater and Miettinen are in positions that they've never played for the entirety of their careers, as far as I'm aware.

I like the look of that 2nd line, although I'd prefer Burmistrov down the middle and Antropov on the wing.

i didnt put them in order, it was a copy past, and i changed the names
the lines work out if reshifted,

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I've been spouting for a while:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Antropov-Burmistrov
Miettinen-Jokinen-Wellwood
Wright-Slater-Peluso

As, Burmistrov says (something along the lines of): I can like playing wing with Antro, as him and I will swap roles on the ice if it is needed.
(His broken English was kind of like that)

Ironically this is where Kane, Jokinen, Antropov, Burmistrov and Wellwood have seen their best numbers, offensively + defensively, and goals + corsi(chances)

Was going to say I would prefer...

Wright-Jokinen-Wellwood
Tangradi-Slater-Miettinen

...but I do really like your idea of Miettinen on his off-wing, I've noticed he does shoot a bit more confidently and accurately there.

I'm really starting to get tired of Burmi at RW. I'm not taking the possession numbers for granted, but he always seems confined to a strip of about 100 square feet in the attack zone, and his distribution from that area seems inconsistent at best. I'd love to see things start opening up for him, and I can't help but wonder if slotting him at C would do just that.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
Was going to say I would prefer...

Wright-Jokinen-Wellwood
Tangradi-Slater-Miettinen

...but I do really like your idea of Miettinen on his off-wing, I've noticed he does shoot a bit more confidently and accurately there.

I'm really starting to get tired of Burmi at RW. I'm not taking the possession numbers for granted, but he always seems confined to a strip of about 100 square feet in the attack zone, and his distribution from that area seems inconsistent at best. I'd love to see things start opening up for him, and I can't help but wonder if slotting him at C would do just that.

yes, i agree, burni needs to play center

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I think I could count on a hand of a man missing fingers how many good games Wellwood has had this season. If Slater and Wright were back Welly would be sitting next game.

Sad thing is if you youtube Kyle Wellwood you can find some really sweet rushes earlier in his career where goes end to end and dangles..

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
I just cannot for the life of me figure out why, with only a 1 goal deficit in front of them, they would come out for the third period and not just fly around out there. Why does this team find it so difficult to impose its will on the opponent with a rabid crowd behind them?
It really doesn't bode well for the playoffs, when you can't even use home ice to energize you and allow you a major advantage.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I just got back from the game and have some observations.

A kitten dies evey time Miettinen shoots a puck into the goalie's chest.

Byfluglien looked completely disinterested in the game.

The Jets have a lot of work to do.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Why in the HELL is Derek Meech a member of the Winnipeg Jets still. This is beyond rediculous. He is an AHLer, AT BEST a #8/9 D. Postma and Kulda should be playing, not this plug. What the **** Noel.

Wellwood and Hainsey stood out as truly bad today. Terrible games by both.

Honestly, just dress 7 D and play Postma on the PP rather than have Cormier play all of 1:30. It'd be a better use of a roster spot. I don't really blame Noel for playing Cormier so little, he is not helping much, but why even dress him then? I know we only have 12 healthy forwards, but still. Which brings me back to this STUPIDITY of carrying NINE freaking defensemen. Send down the plug Meech and recall O'Dell/Kubalik for some options up front. Urgh.

We dominated that second period except for those BS penalties, and definitely outplayed the Canes in the first, how did we play so bad in 3rd?

Game to basically lock down a playoff position and we blew it. This sucks.

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
How many times are the Jets going to piss off all their chances to bury their Southeast Division opponents??? I am so damn frustrated by these guys. You can blame the officiating all you want, but they DID take 3 bad selfish penalties in the second to suck all of the momentum they had going for themselves.

Tell me, what division leader has a losing record at home? What division leader only has a .500 record against their divisional opponents?

Maybe we're all fooling ourselves with these guys.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Why in the HELL is Derek Meech a member of the Winnipeg Jets still. This is beyond rediculous. He is an AHLer, AT BEST a #8/9 D. Postma and Kulda should be playing, not this plug. What the **** Noel.

Honestly, just dress 7 D and play Postma on the PP rather than have Cormier play all of 1:30. It'd be a better use of a roster spot. I don't really blame Noel for playing Cormier so little, he is not helping much, but why even dress him then? I know we only have 12 healthy forwards, but still. Which brings me back to this STUPIDITY of carrying NINE freaking defensemen. Send down the plug Meech and recall O'Dell/Kubalik for some options up front. Urgh.

We dominated that second period except for those BS penalties, and definitely outplayed the Canes in the first, how did we play so bad in 3rd?

You need to relax... :laugh:

And I really don't think Hainsey was "truely bad". We don't get through all those PKs without him either way. So I kinda question your post. lol

What doesn't make sense to me is basically running 5 D and 9 forwards in a game. Noel is purposely shortening his bench. It just seems idk...

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I also wonder why no Odell? Then Burmi can play up with Antro and Welly.

Could be similar to why no Postma last season...
Slightly paraphrased Chevy:
We were really excited with Postma's play in the AHL and were wanting to bring him up once the Jets' were statistically out of it and then rest Buff but it ended up being too late in the season and St John's had their own push going on.

No push for St.J this time but maybe the Jets' push for 3rd may make them to want to go with the devil they know.
:dunno:

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I really don't understand how anyone could be happy with where the Jets are at this point in the season. We have shown no improvement points wise from this time (36 games) last year. In fact, we have taken steps back. Jets had 39 points after 36 games last year. This year, 38. This is not a playoff team. :(

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Struggling goalies must circle dates at the MTS on their calendar. How did this team pump 4 past Lundqvist at MSG a few weeks ago? They make all the struggling goalies look like... well, Lundqvist.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Holden, I've been far from a Meech fan, but honestly this was one of his better games today. Made some solid first passes out of the zone under pressure, and made what I thought was a really smart play in the first, flipping the puck from the point down low rather than firing into a clogged shooting lane.

Kulda will draw in at some point, but I really have no clue if he'd be an upgrade over Meech. Based on his play last year, I'd say marginally better and nothing more.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You need to relax... :laugh:

And I really don't think Hainsey was "truely bad". We don't get through all those PKs without him either way. So I kinda question your post. lol

Hainsey made some nice plays as well. Yeah, maybe truly bad was a little harsh. Played that one 2v1 wonderfully. But made some really bad plays with the puck, and had trouble clearing the zone at times. Normally Hainsey is better is all, IMO.

Not happy with the effort today. Normally I don't get too high or too low, but today was such a huge opportunity and we outplayed them until giving up in the 3rd that's what drove me nuts today. Really not impressed and upset today.

That starts with Noel and right through the roster except maybe Pavelec. :rant:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Holden, I've been far from a Meech fan, but honestly this was one of his better games today. Made some solid first passes out of the zone under pressure, and made what I thought was a really smart play in the first, flipping the puck from the point down low rather than firing into a clogged shooting lane.

Kulda will draw in at some point, but I really have no clue if he'd be an upgrade over Meech. Based on his play last year, I'd say marginally better and nothing more.

Really? He was getting outmuscled on the boards constantly, no awareness around him (in particular the one play where Clitsome pinched and Meech is at the far boards inside the zone being stupid and not backing up his partner), not in position ever...just does not do anything at NHL level IMO.

Kulda, Postma I don't care. I'm just tired of watching AHLers play at this level (same issue I had with Gagnon and Jaffray last year). These guys are not NHL players.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Agreed, don't understand Noel's infatuation with veterans especially when we have young players who are better to fill in.

I am also really starting to question Noel's bench management. He doesn't trust his young players and as such they see 5 minutes of ice time and in turn this means our top players are seeing way too much ice time and its starting to show. Look at Buff, he's gassed more times than not lately. There has also been far too many games lately where this team looks tired. This is all on Noel and I wonder if we are on the way to him running the players into the ground.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com

I keep seeing this Meech hate out of you and its mind boggling. Can you point to one goal he caused this year? I can think of about 7 from Postma, and another 10 giveaways that Pavs or someone else bailed him out on. Meech plays a smart conservative game and has not been a liability whatsoever. He broke up a crucial 2 on 1 today. Seriously, you're the only guy I know who thinks Meech is a huge problem.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Is it my imagination, or have we lost virtually every afternoon game?

2-5-1. Only scored more than 1 goal twice... and that doesn't include one of the wins. :cry: Good news is... only 2 afternoon games left!

SAT, 19 JAN 2013 SENATORS JETS 2:00 PM FINAL OTT (4) - WPG (1)

MON, 21 JAN 2013 JETS BRUINS 12:00 PM FINAL WPG (1) - BOS (2) SO

SAT, 9 FEB 2013 JETS SENATORS 1:00 PM FINAL WPG (1) - OTT (0)

SAT, 23 FEB 2013 JETS FLYERS 12:00 PM FINAL WPG (3) - PHI (5)

SUN, 24 FEB 2013 JETS DEVILS 4:00 PM FINAL WPG (4) - NJD (2)

SAT, 2 MAR 2013 CAPITALS JETS 2:00 PM FINAL WSH (3) - WPG (0)

SUN, 17 MAR 2013 JETS SENATORS 4:00 PM FINAL WPG (1) - OTT (4)

SAT, 30 MAR 2013 HURRICANES JETS 2:00 PM FINAL CAR (3) - WPG (1)

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
See I told you the Jets would lose because my bro went to the Game. I hated going to games with him back in Jets 1.0 because they lost every single time. Now he goes and they lose a very important game.

Anyways, the Refs were horrible and I'm starting to think the NHL is fixing games to keep things close. It's not only the Jets but I have watched bad reffing in other games as well.

Another point to make out was that the Carolina goalie was hot today and we had trouble beating him.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Hainsey made some nice plays as well. Yeah, maybe truly bad was a little harsh. Played that one 2v1 wonderfully. But made some really bad plays with the puck, and had trouble clearing the zone at times. Normally Hainsey is better is all, IMO.

Not happy with the effort today. Normally I don't get too high or too low, but today was such a huge opportunity and we outplayed them until giving up in the 3rd that's what drove me nuts today. Really not impressed and upset today.

That starts with Noel and right through the roster except maybe Pavelec. :rant:

I thought Hains was fine today, but just my opinion. I see no point in being to overly critical. We'll leave it at that.

I thought most guys had bad moments while a few had some good mixed in the bad. Like LLW. Buff wasn't good today but nearly scored.

And I am of the same opinion about how things went after the 3rd goal. Team just got deflated. Almost as if they were pouting. Maybe we should have some kind of energy line starting periods off. LLW seemed off on that first shift. Heck, 44 and 6 kinda did too. Unfortunate goal really, but seemed like a serious lack of mental focus.

Pavs was solid.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

I like this post ^:handclap: Jets PP struggles yet a guy that could help in that area (Postma) sits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad