Post-Game Talk: No double entendre today | Jets lose 3-1 to Lina

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Then I guess all you need to is base games on on Fenwick and were laughing.

No because it doesn't count PP/PK and goaltending...
Just saying that it wasn't as one sided as some people are making it out to be...
Remove a 10 minute PK for the Jets' in the second where they had most of the momentum and it could have been a different game.
But, that is one of the intrigues to sports. Momentum can change and any team can win.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Garrett: thanks for the stats, because it feels to me like the Jets weren't as bad as first glance shows them to be. LLW were dominant for several shifts; Kane, Jokinen and Miettenin had some decent shifts as well.

Peters made some timely and momentum saving/changing saves, the Jets took some ill-advised penalties, and allowed two goals that should've been defended better. Can't blame Pavelec for this one, the D left him hanging on both of the first two goals.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
my thoughts on the game

we could not score more than one goal on a tgird string goalie
every shot we had was lame, right at peters
no hitting, one lame fight, and nobody was trying

completely gave up in third,
refs were idiots, idk if it was booze, or something illegal, but they were on another planet all game

pavelec had a bad game, big reason why we lost
we scored one goal, the reason we lost

kane was on a line with mittens and jokinen, the number one controbuting factor in why we lost this game

my bet is we dont win a game until kane has linemates who can play at a level above minor atom A3

all the players should be ashamed, this loss is disgusting

hopefully they decide to show up next game, they are playing like they dont care, and they have no emotion

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Well we got pulled back on the floor/earth today (does this exist in english? :D).

We have to realize that the SE division is by far the weakest division and we are the only team that played up to it's potential this shortened season. It's possible that we're out of the playoffs by next weekend. It would be a shame but it wouldn't be the end of the world. I've said it at the start of the season and said it a couple of times: Our roster is not a playoff team on paper.

We're only a playoff team if Pavs is hot, we're all healthy and our big guys score. Otherwise we're depending too much on points from the blueline and low-scoring games. THIS year is NOT the year we're bound to make the playoffs. This will change if we get Scheifele, Trouba and another 2nd line RW in our lineup.

I'd love to see us getting the SE division title and get into the playoffs. After that, anything can happen.

If we drop out, be it.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I ask myself what the score would have been if the Jets tried shooting the puck somewhere else other than right into Peters' pads every single f&^%%#ing time.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
we could not score more than one goal on a tgird string goalie
every shot we had was lame, right at peters
no hitting, one lame fight, and nobody was trying

All true, the Jets may have hit the net more than usual but there were only a handful of true scoring chances. This team is extremely weak at getting guys into good scoring position or making decent shots on goal, they just make it too easy for most goalies, even third stringers.:shakehead

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Fenwick (scoring chances)

ladd +4
little -1
wheeler +2

Unfortunately the bounces didn't go in for us and did for them...

Tlusty on the other hand was -8 :help:

Seems about right. They got their chances. All the stats seem about right. Even the +/- stats for us make sense.

What it doesn't account for is shot location. We got a lot of good chances and a lot of shots were right at Peters. His 5-hole was closed up good today. Little and Hains both tried but were stopped(although Hains' wasn't the best of attempts).

-Buff didn't really have a good game.
-I thought Enstrom was quietly very solid.
-Bogo had some moments as did Hains but neither were bad. Both were pretty solid and played very well on the PK. Bogo still has some work to do. He's not playing like he should regardless.
-Meech and Clitesome seemed ok in their sheltered roles. Except for Clittys one penalty.
-I'm concerned with how Noel is distributing ice time. Meech gets less then 9 mins, Cormier had 2 shifts, Thor under 5mins, and Tangradi only 5:49. I understand these guys might not make a huge impact and some might be unfamiliar with how Noel wants them to play, but I question whether this benefits the team or not. We basically ran 3 lines with 5 D. Don't get it.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Games like this used to piss me off for three days. I've since realized that we're trying to make the playoffs with:

Anitti Miettinen, Olli Jokinen, Kyle Wellwood, Eric Tangradi, Chris Thorburn and Patrice Cormier, Nick Antropov taking up 7 spots on our forward lineup;

- the league's 26th ranked power play, which bafflingly still features Olli Jokinen on the point and Kyle Wellwood sometimes on the 1st unit; and

- the league's 24th ranked penalty kill (which has improved largely because of Bogo and Pavs)

I really hope the Chevy's Got a Plan! (tm) crowd can explain to me what that plan is.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah the shots on goal stat doesn't mean a lot in this game. The Jets had very few really meaningful scoring chances. Most shots were easily handled and not really much of a threat. Not enough traffic around the net most of the time.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Seems about right. They got their chances. All the stats seem about right. Even the +/- stats for us make sense.

What it doesn't account for is shot location. We got a lot of good chances and a lot of shots were right at Peters. His 5-hole was closed up good today. Little and Hains both tried but were stopped(although Hains' wasn't the best of attempts).

-Buff didn't really have a good game.
-I thought Enstrom was quietly very solid.
-Bogo had some moments as did Hains but neither were bad. Both were pretty solid and played very well on the PK. Bogo still has some work to do. He's not playing like he should regardless.
-Meech and Clitesome seemed ok in their sheltered roles. Except for Clittys one penalty.
-I'm concerned with how Noel is distributing ice time. Meech gets less then 9 mins, Cormier had 2 shifts, Thor under 5mins, and Tangradi only 5:49. I understand these guys might not make a huge impact and some might be unfamiliar with how Noel wants them to play, but I question whether this benefits the team or not. We basically ran 3 lines with 5 D. Don't get it.

^ What he said ^

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No because it doesn't count PP/PK and goaltending...
Just saying that it wasn't as one sided as some people are making it out to be...
Remove a 10 minute PK for the Jets' in the second where they had most of the momentum and it could have been a different game.
But, that is one of the intrigues to sports. Momentum can change and any team can win.

That was kind of my point, while stats like Fenwick have some value over the long term they are pretty meaningless on a game by game basis.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Why can't we step-up at home when the game counts? Good teams seal the deal in games like this. The Jets didn't. I'd suggest that's because of coaching.

They need to put this game behind them ASAP and find their inner beast-mode on the road, or we may quickly find ourselves on the outside looking in.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Yeah the shots on goal stat doesn't mean a lot in this game. The Jets had very few really meaningful scoring chances. Most shots were easily handled and not really much of a threat. Not enough traffic around the net most of the time.

Ya I'm not too sure on that...

I counted a large number of shots that had it been on Pavelec and gone in we'd be saying something along the lines of "not Pavs fault", "this one's on the D", etc.

Peters saved some he shouldn't have. That happens.

For a game like that is actually like just check us out against the Pens.............

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Turned the TV off in frustration right after the game, didn't want to hear any babble from Noel or the usual excuses from the Jets players, was anything enlightening mentioned like we need a couple quality forwards who want to WIN or will Buff ever have another good game like he did back in January.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Games like this used to piss me off for three days. I've since realized that we're trying to make the playoffs with:

Anitti Miettinen, Olli Jokinen, Kyle Wellwood, Eric Tangradi, Chris Thorburn and Patrice Cormier, Nick Antropov taking up 7 spots on our forward lineup;

- the league's 26th ranked power play, which bafflingly still features Olli Jokinen on the point and Kyle Wellwood sometimes on the 1st unit; and

- the league's 24th ranked penalty kill (which has improved largely because of Bogo and Pavs)

I really hope the Chevy's Got a Plan! (tm) crowd can explain to me what that plan is.

You remind me of the callers on 1290 who call in to complain about the forwards we have and expect to get better players out of no where. Where are you going to get better forwards from to replace those guys? The good ol NHL tree? Just for the Jets picking? Oh look a fresh crosby for us to pick up. Get real. This is what the Jets have and for what we have being in the position that we are, I am impressed.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
We are slowly working our way into where we belong in the standings.....

Sorry folks this is not going to be a nice few weeks....

I sure hope Chevy doesn't think we are better then we really are and loses the opportunity to improves us in the future in the next few days

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
We are slowly working our way into where we belong in the standings.....

Sorry folks this is not going to be a nice few weeks....

Yeah the cream always rises to the top and the sludge (slugs) settles to the bottom!:sarcasm:

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I ask myself what the score would have been if the Jets tried shooting the puck somewhere else other than right into Peters' pads every single f&^%%#ing time.

That's exactly what I kept telling the wife all throughout that game. I'm almost certain I could have backstopped the Canes to a victory today. :p:

Oh, and Wellwood was just terrible.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Hmm, not really sure how I feel about that one.

Well, obviously ****** that we basically allowed Carolina back in the race for division title, but overall not a bad game. Good puck movement for the most part, and managed to attack the Canes D with some speed and creativity. Give Carolina some credit, they did a pretty good job when under duress and didn't panic when the Jets were pressuring.

Not a loss where I really feel the need to get down on the Jets, or even the refs that matter. Similar to the Boston game back in February, a better performance than the results indicated.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Weird vibe around here after a loss.

They miss guys like Slater, Wright, & Peluso right now, guys that play a heavier game and bring some effort on the forecheck. That explains why the Jets are going with three lines right now, because one line is missing from the equation. I'd like to see them sign Lowry and at least bring him in to skate with the team; not at all stating they should waste a year of his contract but rather just to bring him in for a look and see if his feet can keep up for a game or two if possible. Call up O'Dell too. An infusion of some youth around a team at this time of year serves to push the pace in-house and motivates vets in the process.

Whatever. Despite all of the warts that some here wish to highlight... they are still leading the divisional pack right now. The Jets current position in the standings beats the heck out of where they stood last season at the same time (comparatively speaking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad