Post-Game Talk: No double entendre today | Jets lose 3-1 to Lina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Re: the Burmistrov "knee", was it actually? Seeing it live it looked like he clipped him with a knee, and they didn't show a replay at the game. Spoke to a couple of people who thought it was a weak call.

Puckschmuck*

I'd like to be the Oilers right now, actually.

3-0 up on the Canucks. They look like they've actually risen for a must win game at home.

The Oilers are an incosistent team just like us. And just like us, their "potential superstar" talent have yet to rise to the occasion to make that team a dominant force. The "kids" have not gelled as a unit with the rest of the vets. They win some, they lose some, they win some, they lose some. Up down up down.

You would be no better off as the Oilers.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Re: the Burmistrov "knee", was it actually? Seeing it live it looked like he clipped him with a knee, and they didn't show a replay at the game. Spoke to a couple of people who thought it was a weak call.

It's close...
It wasn't intentional. He came in for the hipcheck and the guy was trying to dodge last minute. Burmistrov then tried to pull his leg in but it was too late.

So, non-intentional but still it happens.

bazaaa*

It wasnt a knee
He pulled it back, but still tripped him with his foot.

It kinda looked like a knee from one or two angles.
Then they showed a camera view, which was literally right behind the ref, and it didn't look like a knee at all.

The Burmi was borderline, but as far as I remember, they were all deserved, and no one to blame but themselves.

All in all, it really wasn't a bad game. We out played them, had some really good chances, just often shot right at Peters. Add in that Peters played well, and we simply lost.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Agreed, don't understand Noel's infatuation with veterans especially when we have young players who are better to fill in.

I'm the other way around. I feel the posters here are infatuated with every young player, and feel they're 'better' even though they haven't proven themselves to be better than a veteran in substantial ways. Seems the average HF Jets fan would gladly replace any second/third line player with any 6.0C rated prospect 'on a hunch'.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
The Oilers are an incosistent team just like us. And just like us, their "potential superstar" talent have yet to rise to the occasion to make that team a dominant force. The "kids" have not gelled as a unit with the rest of the vets. They win some, they lose some, they win some, they lose some. Up down up down.

Well we'd have less whining about, 'give the young players a chaaaaaaaance!'. Because that entire team is young players.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I just cannot for the life of me figure out why, with only a 1 goal deficit in front of them, they would come out for the third period and not just fly around out there. Why does this team find it so difficult to impose its will on the opponent with a rabid crowd behind them?
It really doesn't bode well for the playoffs, when you can't even use home ice to energize you and allow you a major advantage.

That is easy to figure out this team has no HEART!

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Why in the HELL is Derek Meech a member of the Winnipeg Jets still. This is beyond rediculous. He is an AHLer, AT BEST a #8/9 D. Postma and Kulda should be playing, not this plug. What the **** Noel.

Wellwood and Hainsey stood out as truly bad today. Terrible games by both.

Honestly, just dress 7 D and play Postma on the PP rather than have Cormier play all of 1:30. It'd be a better use of a roster spot. I don't really blame Noel for playing Cormier so little, he is not helping much, but why even dress him then? I know we only have 12 healthy forwards, but still. Which brings me back to this STUPIDITY of carrying NINE freaking defensemen. Send down the plug Meech and recall O'Dell/Kubalik for some options up front. Urgh.

We dominated that second period except for those BS penalties, and definitely outplayed the Canes in the first, how did we play so bad in 3rd?
Game to basically lock down a playoff position and we blew it. This sucks.

Ya we get it you hate Meech, get the **** over it he is here to stay!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You guys need to stay off the playoff percentages site. That **** will mess with your head!

100% agree......it makes me feel somewhat warm and fuzzy and at times i almost forget who we are.....watching it when the Jets are doing well feels as safe as the prevent defense in the NFL.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
That is easy to figure out this team has no HEART!

No heart, no guts, no balls! Half the guys on the Jets play as if there in a senior no-contact rec. league. After the debacle games against the Caps and gutless performances against the Pens and Canes my interest in the team is all but gone.

It's no wonder that half of the guys who used to post here have left.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Being a bit melodramatic I think.

If the Jets make the playoffs, good.

If they don't, no big deal. In fact I think it would be good in a way, because it would be a catalyst for change..what the team needs to finally start building it's own identity and not just trying to make a meal out of leftovers. I'm very interested in seeing what the team will look like next October.

Whatever happens, happens. I'm not a fairweather fan.

Puckschmuck*

Being a bit melodramatic I think.

If the Jets make the playoffs, good.

If they don't, no big deal. In fact I think it would be good in a way, because it would be a catalyst for change..what the team needs to finally start building it's own identity and not just trying to make a meal out of leftovers. I'm very interested in seeing what the team will look like next October.

Whatever happens, happens. I'm not a fairweather fan.

Agreed. TBH, I had no expectations for this season. I temporarily got my hopes up this month, but then realized that this years team is not much better than last years team, and quickly brought myself back down to reality. If they make the playoffs, great; it's a bonus. If not, I won't be dissapointed.

I'm with you in that I hope there is some sort of catalyst for change next year. That is when I will have much higher expectations as the "two year free pass" I've given this team will be over.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Are you preparing us for your soon-to-be dramatic exit as well? Are you a quitter too?

No way Jack, I'm in for the long haul, I'll be here in thick through the string of coaches and GM's we go through in the next 25 years!:yo:

Puckschmuck*

No way Jack, I'm in for the long haul, I'll be here in thick through the string of coaches and GM's we go through in the next 25 years!:yo:

I'm not sure whether this makes me laugh or cry, rrskyler :D

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Looking at this thread I would think the Jets just played a awful game.

I don't think they played bad and the game could have gone either way. Today it broke Carolina's way.

It's one game people, get off the window sills.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I think the boys have realized that if they continue to play reasonably well their short summer will get even shorter... hence the increasing frequency of turds being dropped.

Either that or only playing 2.5 lines and 5 defense for 95% of the game is starting to catch up with them.

Chevy's job to improve the parts Noel has to work with. I feel pretty safe saying he hasn't done a damn thing in this area (changing interchangeable parts doesn't count in my opinion).

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Well, 7 wins. Or 14 points from this point on to make 52 points would give them a 90-ish percent chance.
They have 12 games left. If they win the remaining games against Carolina and Washington, that leaves 10, and if they win 50% of those, they should win the division.
All is not lost.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm the other way around. I feel the posters here are infatuated with every young player, and feel they're 'better' even though they haven't proven themselves to be better than a veteran in substantial ways. Seems the average HF Jets fan would gladly replace any second/third line player with any 6.0C rated prospect 'on a hunch'.

To some extent I agree, but I fail to see how Wellwood and Mietinen have been better than Burmistrov this year to warrent being ahead in the lineup. I also think that when two players are close in ability Postma and Meech you play the young player that has more of a future with the team to get experience. Its also not like Meech is a true NHL vet with only 170ish games under his belt.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Looking at this thread I would think the Jets just played a awful game.

I don't think they played bad and the game could have gone either way. Today it broke Carolina's way.

It's one game people, get off the window sills.

pretty much my thoughts

we didn't play bad... we didn't dominate

**** happens

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Their young talent for the most part has performed well (RNH who is suffering through the soft more slump is the loan exception). What they haven't gotten is quality play from their veterans. That and there team lacks impact d and balance.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ya we get it you hate Meech, get the **** over it he is here to stay!!!!!

Haha nope. He is at very best going to be here just as long as Mark Flood...

Listen Meech is not the reason we lost the game. Obviously. However it frusterates me to no end when we don't put our best roster on the ice every game. We have a guy who shutdown Malkin and Ovechkin this very season or a guy who can improve our PP sitting in the press box. Why are they not getting an opportunity, when somebody who adds nothing at all is playing. Why is Cormier even dressing if he is just going to play 2 shifts? Noel's roster management is subpar, IMO.

Also, did anybody else hear the moron in section 305? The guy yelling "Chev-el-day-off" all freaking 3rd period. Wow did that drive everybody nuts. First time I actually ever wanted to report somebody using that texting thing :shakehead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad