Nintendo Switch #5

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The oldest graduated and the current switch will likely make a permanent transition to him, so I'm definitely interested in a new switch. I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't fix the drift issues.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I want the new switch to be able to handle AAA titles from Nintendo. Also, if BOTW2 doesn’t have A LOT of details announced at E3 I’ll be pretty upset.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I would need a decent hardware bump and drift fixed for good on its joycons to consider picking it up.

If all it is is 4K and a better battery then easy pass

Same...aided by me already upgrading from the launch model to the better battery model. 4K would be nice, but ultimately pretty meaningless to me (I play undocked <95% of the time). I wouldn't mind a legitimate mid-generation jump, but I haven't thought we were going to get that for a while now and I'm not seeing much smoke here. Do you know what else eventually replaced the original model? The better battery model. If this were a meaningful upgrade I doubt they'd be completely replacing the base model with whatever this is going to be. Especially not to launch this year with all of the chip supply issues. Nintendo was never going to be putting the latest and greatest chips into their consoles for numerous reasons, but when I still haven't even seen a PS5 or Series X in the wild after 6+ months I'm definitely not holding my breath that Nintendo even considered going for a meaningful hardware upgrade.

Fixing the joycons would be f***ing nice and years overdue, but certainly not enough to get me to buy a new system.

The Switch is basically fine for the kinds of games Nintendo makes. The problem is it's already getting choppy with mid-level indies, to say nothing of larger games. I don't need Nintendo making games that look much better than New Horizons or Smash Ultimate...but I'd like my JRPG machine to not get bogged down with loading times and framerate issues on ports/remasters of older games. It's not nearly as bad as playing SNES games on the PlayStation was (Final Fantasy Anthology/Chronicles, especially Chrono Trigger, introduced borderline insufferable load times to everything), but we're inching uncomfortably close more and more frequently.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Does the Switch ever go on special?
Rarely but with the pro rumoured to be coming out, there may be sales n the original one. There are some deals where you buy the system and get BoTW free or something like that.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Who the f*** is that?

She works for Sony Santa Monica and formerly for IGN and Funhaus and has a load of industry connections.

All in all though, that had a seemingly decent array of reveals to make multiple fanbases happy, even though most of the stuff was in franchises I don't really care for.

Getting a taste of BotW2 was much needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad