Nintendo Switch #5

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Today Nintendo took down both the most prominent Switch emulator and the most prominent 3DS emulator. This certainly turns me off from wanting to support them in the future. I'll most likely pass on Switch 2 unless they come out with something really impressive.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Today Nintendo took down both the most prominent Switch emulator and the most prominent 3DS emulator. This certainly turns me off from wanting to support them in the future. I'll most likely pass on Switch 2 unless they come out with something really impressive.

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, the 3DS (and Wii U) e-shops are down. Emulation is pretty much the only way to experience those games without spending loads of cash.

And on the other hand, the Switch is still an active system.

Anyway, I'm sure another emulator will pop up soon.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Really scummy behaviour from them lately.

It's ridiculous. There is such a massive nintendo library that they've just made inaccessible. I don't want to break out my 20 year old hand helds to play Shin Megami Tensei or a decent Pokemon game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
From the Indie showcase, I'm all about Cat's Quest 3. The first two games were surprisingly fun, if you can tolerate puns aplenty.

Europa looked chill as well, and my son is really into everything space-related so that big fat Jupiter in the sky got hom interested, too.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
From the Indie showcase, I'm all about Cat's Quest 3. The first two games were surprisingly fun, if you can tolerate puns aplenty.

Europa looked chill as well, and my son is really into everything space-related so that big fat Jupiter in the sky got hom interested, too.
I keep seeing cat Quest on sale. Is it worth a pick up?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I keep seeing cat Quest on sale. Is it worth a pick up?

I'd say yes. They're manageable and fairly simple adventure games with fairly basic concept, not a lot of depth, and a tad repetitive, but the core gameplay loop is fun and I'm a sucker for the aesthetic and playing right on the world map.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad