Nintendo Switch #5

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I don't know, I think it's somewhat difficult for a sports game (especially a static one like golf that's been done multiple times before) to be innovative at this point.

I guess the main demographic for the game are competitive diehards who want to play online with people endlessly. I'd pay 40 for it, not 80.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I haven't played online, but I'm hoping they add some DLC to Mario Golf Super Rush, because while it's designed to be a co-op game, it only took me 4 days to beat the golf adventure. I found it to be simple but fun though.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I haven't played online, but I'm hoping they add some DLC to Mario Golf Super Rush, because while it's designed to be a co-op game, it only took me 4 days to beat the golf adventure. I found it to be simple but fun though.
They are adding free updates.

Reactions: GKJ

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't know, I think it's somewhat difficult for a sports game (especially a static one like golf that's been done multiple times before) to be innovative at this point.

I guess the main demographic for the game are competitive diehards who want to play online with people endlessly. I'd pay 40 for it, not 80.
I'd actually say that despite all of these iterations, it's more the case that nobody has really bothered to be innovative or seems to have any desire to be with these sports games, not that they've exhausted ideas or possibilities in any way. The format is and always has been very rigid.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Can't finish the adventure mode in Mario Golf. Speed Golf is just awful when 80 percent of the time is spent running in a straight line after the ball. I can see the appeal for multiplayer but for single player... man.

Apart from that there's basically no other content besides regular golf. Which is okay since regular golf is the reason I bought it, but they could've at least added mini games or character matches or good online play to supplement it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Going to be really interested to see what the "and more" entails. At this point, I think I'll just be keeping my base model Switch.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The checklist appears to be

Slightly bigger OLED screen
(Hopefully) better kickstand
Built in ethernet port
More internal storage
Improved speakers?

For an extra $50. Seems pointless if you already have a Switch, though I imagine it won't be very expensive to trade up via some retailers. Even the battery life is the same according to the site. Still kinda surprised they didn't just mention it during their E3 direct, though.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I really couldn't care less about a more powerful Switch as long as they crank out good games.

And those rumors and insiders are the worst. They can eat shit.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's a good buy for people that don't have a Switch yet, but I see no reason to upgrade from my OG Switch. I play most of my games with it plugged into the TV anyway. And the games I do play on the road tend to be 2D indie titles, not really sure I need an OLED for extra 720p pixel detail, lol

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I honestly wonder if the plans got sidetracked due to the difficulty of getting graphics cards. So, they basically are releasing a barebones upgrade with the parts that were easier to procure.

Reactions: flyingkiwi

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I honestly wonder if the plans got sidetracked due to the difficulty of getting graphics cards. So, they basically are releasing a barebones upgrade with the parts that were easier to procure.

Plausible.

But this also seems like could've done this with silent update.

The HW needs a refresh, but a new screen is pretty underwhelming, even an OLED. But it is Nintendo.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I don't see who this is for. The handheld player can get the Lite for 199 and I'm sure they can buy a card to increase the storage with the 150 difference. The "it never leaves the dock" player (like me) only gets more storage for 50 bucks more...and I guess an etherport in the dock. The screen is slightly bigger and looks nicer but no resolution change in either mode...I guess this is for the people that absolutely have to have the latest iPhone/Galaxy every year no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->