Nintendo Switch #5

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If you have enough points from a previous playthrough you can advance the skill levels of your units and, for instance, have Dorothea meteor opponents on the very first map.

I don't know if anyone's bought the DLC, but Constance completely breaks the game with her long range magic. And I mean loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.
Lol well I read your post and remembered I still hadn't beaten the DLC. Did so, recruited the Ashen Wolves and switched them into my active roster after training them up a bit. Felt pretty good about where I was in my team's level.

Uh boy was I wrong. On Hard the battle of the Eagle and Lion has been a nightmare. My mages can't advance until I clear the enemies at the entrance of the map and I can't clear those without someone dying. Looking into buying expensive gear for everyone before starting my next attempt. I know permadeath is off on this chapter but I still want to win lol. Even my Byleth will die if she aggros too many enemies.

Not exactly relevant to what you said but I wanted to vent lol

Edit: extra prep helped a ton but I still get the feeling I gotta do auxiliary battles three times a month or else the last few chapters are gonna be a disaster for me.

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Just got Super Mario Maker 2 on sale (only about 33% off but still). I don't usually care to create stuff in games, but I look forward to playing all the top rated levels out there.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The OLED screen greatly intrigues me...the rest not so much. The screen isn't increased in size enough to warrant an upgrade as someone who plays almost exclusively handheld and the 4K aspect doesn't change much because of that latter part. 720p is fine in handheld, the trade-off in battery life wouldn't be worth a barely noticeable upgrade on a small screen.

I can't say that I'm upset considering my current Switch is 3 months old and I have a Lite for when I travel...but there was a part of me that wanted a bigger difference. This really does feel like the New 3DS again...an upgrade I went for and got very little out of. I'm not too terribly surprised either...making a bigger difference would segment the player base in a way that wouldn't benefit Nintendo games or Nintendo themselves. I'd rather wait a couple extra years for a more meaningful sequel console (with backwards compatability) than a slightly better mid-generation refresh that wouldn't change much of anything for most games.

Bravely Default 2 is so damn good.

The last thing I need right now is another JRPG for the backlog...but I forgot how much I enjoyed the first one (well, the first ~40 hours) until I watched a couple videos.

*adds another JRPG to the backlog*

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Started BD2, pretty good so far even though I don't like games that have jobs. I believe I played the first one when it came out but wasn't impressed for whatever reason, but this one seems to be shaping up well.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not bumping the Three Houses thread just for this but Jesus christ. I've overleveled my whole team+adjutants and equipped them with strong gear.

Marianne's paralogue suggests level 29. Most of my team is lvl 33. I'm pretty sure they need to be level 40 to get through it on hard.

Like 10 demonic beasts attacking at once. Which would be fine if you could take them all one at a time but the map is small and Marianne is on the other side of it and the mission fails if she dies.

Brutal.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not bumping the Three Houses thread just for this but Jesus christ. I've overleveled my whole team+adjutants and equipped them with strong gear.

Marianne's paralogue suggests level 29. Most of my team is lvl 33. I'm pretty sure they need to be level 40 to get through it on hard.

Like 10 demonic beasts attacking at once. Which would be fine if you could take them all one at a time but the map is small and Marianne is on the other side of it and the mission fails if she dies.

Brutal.
If you don't move Marianne she usually fares alright. Or if you have someone with rescue that can assist too.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If you don't move Marianne she usually fares alright. Or if you have someone with rescue that can assist too.
I don't. And she did fine for a bit hiding in the trees but eventually, even with me trying to rush in to take pressure off she was surrounded by four beasts and was barely hanging onto life. Guess I got a bit unlucky with the accuracy RNG. I'll revisit it when my units are higher level. I just started the second half of the Golden Deer route so I have several months of missions and auxiliary battles to make the paralogue trivial.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I don't. And she did fine for a bit hiding in the trees but eventually, even with me trying to rush in to take pressure off she was surrounded by four beasts and was barely hanging onto life. Guess I got a bit unlucky with the accuracy RNG. I'll revisit it when my units are higher level. I just started the second half of the Golden Deer route so I have several months of missions and auxiliary battles to make the paralogue trivial.

There is a fortress on the north end of the map where Marianne can hide if she's otherwise getting knocked out. Only an issue on maddening where non-beast reinforcements can reach her if you take too long.

I find going slow and steady clockwise around the bottom of the map, then clearing things east-west can help overcome any level disadvantage. And equipping everyone with a good gambit.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol I tried Apex Legends on the Switch. Uh I mean it's a faithful port for sure but it looks...super not great.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Does anyone have any idea why when I change my profile name it doesn’t change anywhere else? Like when I play games online it shows my old profile name even though my new name is there when you click on profile.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe I just suck at Bravely Default 2, but in chapter 1 the difficulty seems to have bumped up 10x, the boss Oshpehus (spelling) is basically impossible for me. Going to have to sit around and grind for awhile lol. Loving the game though.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Maybe I just suck at Bravely Default 2, but in chapter 1 the difficulty seems to have bumped up 10x, the boss Oshpehus (spelling) is basically impossible for me. Going to have to sit around and grind for awhile lol. Loving the game though.

Some of the boss fights are just going in blind, see what status effects are used, die, load up save and replace equipment to make the effects immune, go win the fight.

In a bit you'll get access to a better class that can severely damage a whole group of monsters at once so in the mean time, just fight everything lol, I'm in chapter 2 and level 27, got to a brand new area and the monsters are already running from me haha

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter release days continue to basically be national holidays in Japan.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Some of the boss fights are just going in blind, see what status effects are used, die, load up save and replace equipment to make the effects immune, go win the fight.

In a bit you'll get access to a better class that can severely damage a whole group of monsters at once so in the mean time, just fight everything lol, I'm in chapter 2 and level 27, got to a brand new area and the monsters are already running from me haha

I’m still in Chapter 1, around level 16 now and it’s getting a bit easier (bosses are still very difficult). Can’t believe how much i’m enjoying this game though! Could be my favorite JRPG game in the last decade!

Reactions: Jovavic

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Been on a Switch tear.

Beat the piss out of both Xenoblade 1 and Bravely Default 2. Just started Monster Hunter Rise. Haven’t gotten into it yet really though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->