Nintendo Switch #5

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'd like to buy my 7 y/o nephew a gift card for his switch. I can only find digital cards. If I buy the digital card, I get emailed a code? I than give the code to my nephew? are there other ways? I'd prefer to give him a glossy card .

Where are you located? If in the US, Target always seems to have them with the games

buyinnow

Mar 7, 2010
Winnipeg. If Target has them than it may be worth it for me to stroll through a Walmart. thanks

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This game looks intriguing and it may hit the Pokemon itch. Lots of interesting features built-in as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sounds like Game Boy and Game Boy colour games will be coming to the Switch in the not too distant future.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It really depends on what's involved with the GB/GBC games. I won't complain about more content but it's not really all that exciting especially when most 3rd party games of that era can't be put on as they're for sale elsewhere.

Even GBA would be nice but still. Pokemon won't be on there, I guarantee that.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

This definitly looks interesting. Might pick it up.

The character looks so similar to Brigette from Overwatch...
WCCFoverwatch8.jpg

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'd be happy to replay Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages. Those are underrated Zelda titles and more challenging than most IIRC.

Agreed on GBA titles though. I want to play through the Metroid series before Dread, along with the Legend of Zelda: the Minish Cap (never played), Golden Sun, and Advance Wars.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'd be happy to replay Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages. Those are underrated Zelda titles and more challenging than most IIRC.

Agreed on GBA titles though. I want to play through the Metroid series before Dread, along with the Legend of Zelda: the Minish Cap (never played), Golden Sun, and Advance Wars.
Unfortunately, I doubt we ever see Advanced Wars due to it coming out with a remaster this year.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The final mastersword trial on BotWs framerate is so bad that when i finally see 30 fps it feels like 120 fps.

Update: I beat it yesterday. Got lucky on floor 19 and got all the shield deflections. Had more than enough ancient arrows for the rest of the floors. Also, crafted a high defense meal with the farosh horn that lasted for 30 minutes. That was the gamechanger. Carried me through the first 18-20 trials, gathered enough materials for another defense boost meal that took me through the rest. That and grabbing up all the ancient arrows in the trial made it pretty doable.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I hope something comes out soon, haven't really played anything since Bravely Default 2 came out.

Someone suggested to me to think of Nintendo as more of a toy-company than a gaming company, and it explains their business practices a little better.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't own a Switch yet, but I have a pre-order in for the OLED model. Outside of Mario Odyssey and BoTW any other must owns (I have Hades on PS5 if that was a rec). Probably going to buy Metroid Dread too.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Eastward is coming out tomorrow and getting some pretty solid reviews so far. From what's been said, the storytelling charms and the look and feel sound VERY Mother 3-ish to me. Definitely one of the most visually pretty looking things to come out on Switch for me.
Game looks pretty good. Probably have to get it one day.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't own a Switch yet, but I have a pre-order in for the OLED model. Outside of Mario Odyssey and BoTW any other must owns (I have Hades on PS5 if that was a rec). Probably going to buy Metroid Dread too.
Ummm. I would say Fire Emblem if you are into tactical games. Mario and Rabbids Kingdom battle is also really good and goes on sale frequently

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Ummm. I would say Fire Emblem if you are into tactical games. Mario and Rabbids Kingdom battle is also really good and goes on sale frequently
Thanks, not sure Fire Emblem is my style but might eventually check it out. Planning on eventually picking up Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros Ultimate and Mario Kart. Figure the Switch Oled, a Pro Controller, Mario, Zelda, and Metroid Dread will run me like $800-900 CAD to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad