Nintendo Switch #5

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I think the next switch has got to have built in DLSS. And it's probably gonna be hard and take time to put that in mobile.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Who was the added horsepower for? Nintendo isn't interested in bringing in high end ports of 3rd party titles and nothing they have in development right now needs more graphical power. Upping resolution in handheld mode maybe the best use, but with how they price shit you have to wonder what that would cost and how the battery life would be.

Any added juice would have also come hand in hand with an even higher price point and little software to take advantage of it.

Glaring omissions here at the current price point is added battery life and higher internal storage. 4K would have been nice but they are charging you an extra $50 to add that IMO because Nintendo thinks they are Apple

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Who was the added horsepower for? Nintendo isn't interested in bringing in high end ports of 3rd party titles and nothing they have in development right now needs more graphical power. Upping resolution in handheld mode maybe the best use, but with how they price shit you have to wonder what that would cost and how the battery life would be.

Any added juice would have also come hand in hand with an even higher price point and little software to take advantage of it.

Glaring omissions here at the current price point is added battery life and higher internal storage. 4K would have been nice but they are charging you an extra $50 to add that IMO because Nintendo thinks they are Apple
I think hardware level anti-aliasing which Nvidia has been working on can make a big difference. A short example video, on the left is 4k, on the right is 1080p with Nvidia's DLSS anti aliasing.

Now how would that be implemented into previous games is a good question though.

There's videos of DLSS used on 420x240 resolution and it looks shockingly decent.

Its got a lot of potential for something low power like the switch.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Has anyone played Monster Hunter Stories 2? I'm a fan of the turn based RPG genre and Monster Hunter but from the gameplay videos it looks kinda meh.

Also, got kinda disappointed by the Disgaea 6 reviews. Sounds like too much work and not enough..fun, I guess you could say. Level 9,999,999 or whatever the cap is? Cmon.

Been playing the Picross games and Overcooked 2. Talk about a game that could end a marriage, sheesh!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Has anyone played Monster Hunter Stories 2? I'm a fan of the turn based RPG genre and Monster Hunter but from the gameplay videos it looks kinda meh.

Also, got kinda disappointed by the Disgaea 6 reviews. Sounds like too much work and not enough..fun, I guess you could say. Level 9,999,999 or whatever the cap is? Cmon.

Been playing the Picross games and Overcooked 2. Talk about a game that could end a marriage, sheesh!
Theres a pretty lengthy demo on switch and PC. Its decent.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Theres a pretty lengthy demo on switch and PC. Its decent.

I've been enjoying it, I imagine the demo should give a pretty good idea if you'll like it or not.

However, a Monster Hunter spinoff I would really like to see would be a tactics game where your controlling a whole squad of hunters at once or something like that.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great to see they are supporting the game further. New maps is a big need to make the price tag worth it and a ranked mode should go a long way.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So the Switch has been out for a while now. What are everyone's top 5 games on the console to date?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
So the Switch has been out for a while now. What are everyone's top 5 games on the console to date?

Celeste
Breath of the Wild
Ace Attorney Trilogy
Fire Emblem Three Houses

Easy top 4 and then the 5th will probably be the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles when I finish it, but if you discount unfinished games then 5th would probably be Mario Rabbids.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I've always wondered about this series but have never played one. Where is the best place to start?

The trilogy on the Switch. The games are almost 20 years old at this point and the trilogy remaster can only do so much to bring them up to snuff from GBA quality to HD quality, but they're the favourites among the entire series for a reason - they're really good.

The only possible starting points are either that or the new Great Ace Attorney game as that one is set well before the events of the mainline series and thus don't have any impact on the main Phoenix Wright story. However, the production quality on the new one is much higher than that of the trilogy remaster so I imagine there would be a tough transition to make from that to the trilogy remaster. So I'd recommend the trilogy first.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Hollow Knight
Celeste
Inside
Into the Breach
Downwell
Kentucky Route Zero

Disco Elysium is expected to be ported soon, so that, too.

I don't absolutely love any of the first-party ones.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

for me

1. Civilization VI
2. Minecraft

for my son whom i have bought it for and loaded it up with fortnite and multiple lego games, minecraft etc.

1. Youtube lol.

2. Lego Ninjago.

pretty much has just become a tablet for youtube.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Been playing Samurai Warriors 5. At first I wasn't digging it, but after a few hours it's pretty awesome.

buyinnow

Mar 7, 2010
I'd like to buy my 7 y/o nephew a gift card for his switch. I can only find digital cards. If I buy the digital card, I get emailed a code? I than give the code to my nephew? are there other ways? I'd prefer to give him a glossy card .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad