Nintendo Switch #5

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
No Donkey Kong 64 for Switch? Just a total slap in the face to me.

And I'm confused by the concept of the N64 controller only being available for those with subscriptions. I think I must've misheard the details or something.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
And I'm confused by the concept of the N64 controller only being available for those with subscriptions. I think I must've misheard the details or something.

Same as the NES and SNES controllers, they'll likely be available for first hand purchase only by subscribers via the My Nintendo site.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Charlie Day as Luigi is incredible.

Also considering that Banjo was part of that N64 lineup I think the rest of the Rare games might be on the table.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Charlie Day as Luigi is incredible.

Also considering that Banjo was part of that N64 lineup I think the rest of the Rare games might be on the table.

That is actually one of the biggest surprises of the Direct and they just casually snuck it in there.

Goldeneye is the only one definitively off the table though. Eon are apparently too uptight with the Bond license to let the game see the light of day again.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That is actually one of the biggest surprises of the Direct and they just casually snuck it in there.

Goldeneye is the only one definitively off the table though. Eon are apparently too uptight with the Bond license to let the game see the light of day again.
Yeah unfortunately Goldeneye is likely out but maybe Perfect Dark?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Always happy to see more options for retro controllers, though $50 US for a 3 button genesis controller is a bit much, for the N64 controller that's fair I think.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Yeah unfortunately Goldeneye is likely out but maybe Perfect Dark?

Banjo-Kazooie's inclusion definitely opens the door for the rest of Rare's N64 games (save for Goldeneye and Mickey's Speedway USA due to obvious licensing issues), which would be:

• Banjo-Tooie
  • Blast Corps
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Jet Force Gemini
  • Killer Instinct Gold
  • Perfect Dark

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The Kirby game looked alright and it was nice to get dates for Triangle Strategy (terrible name) and Rune Factory 5.

The main thing I took away from that presentation is just how badly Nintendo needs a hardware upgrade. Bayonetta 3 is looking rough.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I assume these Japanese games with awful English names (Triangle Strategy, Bravely Default, Infinite Undiscovery) are just lazy translations and sound much better in the original language?

Reactions: robertmac43

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Interested in what happens with the next instalment of Mario Party. I have the first one on the switch and I must admit that it has to be one of the most lacking titles I've ever played for a Nintendo game directly from their universe. I tried to play it a week ago with friends and we turned it off after 5 turns because it just had no personality or soul in it.

3D Kirby looks interesting although I don't think I'll be picking it up.
If that's a Mario 64-esque game with Kirby's universe that would definitely be a top notch game IMO.
The main thing I took away from that presentation is just how badly Nintendo needs a hardware upgrade. Bayonetta 3 is looking rough.
Nintendo has never been in the market for graphics, not going to lie that Bayonetta looks rough around the edges, but the combat looks good I thought.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Metroid Dread coming out in a few days, getting good reviews, would be a day one buy for me if not for price. Maybe I'll snag it in a "buy two get one free" thing or maybe a sale after the new year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Surprised no mention of KH 1-2 remastered, plus 2.8 and 3 coming to Switch as "Cloud" versions.

Didn't know the Switch had the capacity to stream games.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Was it confirmed 1 and 2 aren't streaming? I heard they were all cloud streams
I meant to say that all of them were.

I'd probably wait for a sale on this tbh. I loved and played just about every KH game besides RE Coded and even dabbled in that mobile P2W nightmare.

I rented KH3 and only played for a couple hours. For some reason I couldn't make myself want to play through another full KH game. Though I think what it is is that I've developed a distaste for how contrived and convulted the plot has become and it doesn't stand well enough on its own as an action JRPG to really hold my attention anymore.

So I would maybe like to revisit at some point but idk if I'm ready for it yet. Still cool that they ended up on Switch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad